Thread: Dual LCD - Problem Calibrating

Default Dual LCD - Problem Calibrating

I have two LCD monitors runing extended desktop. One 17" BenQ (550:1) the other is 19" Sharp (700:1).

After carefully calibrating them with Eye1, I have a big problem....

BenQ is brighter than my Sharp screen although both reads at 140 cdm!?

So which one is the correct brightness??? My photo will appear overexposed if I use the BenQ as a bench mark.

Can some1 enlighten me...

both LCDs connect to the same graphic card?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

hmm is that possible? to calibrate 2 monitors side by side to look exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang
    I have two LCD monitors runing extended desktop. One 17" BenQ (550:1) the other is 19" Sharp (700:1).

After carefully calibrating them with Eye1, I have a big problem....

BenQ is brighter than my Sharp screen although both reads at 140 cdm!?

So which one is the correct brightness??? My photo will appear overexposed if I use the BenQ as a bench mark.

Can some1 enlighten me...

Blog Entries

Color calibration equipment (in general and Eye One Display calibrator in particular) can only calibrate ONE monitor that is attached to the graphics card (even though said graphics card can support dual monitors).

This is because most (99.99%) graphic cards only contains one set of color LUT (look up table) which is used to "calibrate" the monitor.

There are a couple of exceptions where the graphics card contains two color LUTs or even two graphics controllers, each controlling a different monitor output - in this instance, you can calibrate both monitors independently.

In your case, choose one monitor to be the MAIN monitor for displaying images and calibrate for that monitor only. The other monitor has to be visually tweaked using its controls to match as closely as possible to the calibrated monitor. You won't get a 100% match. Then use the calibrated monitor to display your images and the secondary monitor to display palettes, menus, etc. etc.

Right now, I am working off a notebook connected to an external LCD (also using extended desktop). The notebook screen is calibrated and the LCD is adjusted to match.

that's right, only matrox parhelia and some high end professional graphic cards has separate LUT for each output

for desktop, the easiest way is to get a PCI graphic card for your 2nd monitor, that's what i am doing now and calibration works

before that, i did tried to manually calibrate the 2nd monitor but it was really tedious and not as accurate as using eye-one...also sometimes the color profile failed to load and behave unexpectedly

Dual DVI, same monitor will be good

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    that's right, only matrox parhelia and some high end professional graphic cards has separate LUT for each output

for desktop, the easiest way is to get a PCI graphic card for your 2nd monitor, that's what i am doing now and calibration works

before that, i did tried to manually calibrate the 2nd monitor but it was really tedious and not as accurate as using eye-one...also sometimes the color profile failed to load and behave unexpectedly
    anything known about the G400 Max?

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    anything known about the G400 Max?
    i sold mine years ago...it is a good card, but cannot support 2 x 1600 x 1200 which i need

also, only the matrox parhelia got two look up table

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    also, only the matrox parhelia got two look up table
    uh... i'll save my money then. G400 still working fine, except the fan fried

How do you calibrate the LCD, when as you move a few inches left or right, the colour at a certain point which your eye focus on changes its tone?