Thread: Make your hobby earn money for you

Default Make your hobby earn money for you

Hi Everyone, not too sure if i can post link to external site. But if you want to know how you can make money from taking photograph, please drop me a email to taipankid@hotmail.com with the subject Photograph.

Of course the money earn is not much, so far i manage to earn 70USD in 2 months.

My hobby...sex. Kidding.
    Up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    My hobby...sex. Kidding.
    Up for you.
    Your hobby is sex? Okay also can make $ ... PM Pimp Papa ...

Upppz 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by taipankid
    Hi Everyone, not too sure if i can post link to external site. But if you want to know how you can make money from taking photograph, please drop me a email to taipankid@hotmail.com with the subject Photograph.

Of course the money earn is not much, so far i manage to earn 70USD in 2 months.
    Is this another Shutterstock post?

YES i suppose many here already are members?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Your hobby is sex? Okay also can make $ ... PM Pimp Papa ...

Upppz 4 u
    Pimp Papa, where are you? Hobby for sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Is this another Shutterstock post?
    have anyone staying in singapore successfully cashed the cheque from shutterstock b4?
    Last edited by quekky; 23rd February 2005 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    have anyone staying in singapore successfully cashed the cheque from shutterstock b4?
    can get the money via paypal.. i should be getting my first pay beginning of next month

can get the money via paypal.. i should be getting my first pay beginning of next month

so please come back next month when you actually get the money

I am back and I have got the money in my palpal account.. just wanna let everyone know it's not a hoax .. and no need to be sketpical about it ...

the tough part is uploading ..

to date : i have earn 300USD in my paypal account

Admin : Can delete this thread if it deem against such publicity

Quote Originally Posted by romeobravo
    so please come back next month when you actually get the money

just wondering how this paypal thingy works?
    register a paypal account, the other party pays me thru this and what next?
    do one needs a bank account for it?
    dunnu much about this kind of software, please do advise. lottsa thks.

I am back and I have got the money in my palpal account.. just wanna let everyone know it's not a hoax .. and no need to be sketpical about it ...

the tough part is uploading ..

to date : i have earn 300USD in my paypal account

Admin : Can delete this thread if it deem against such publicity
    wat's the website again?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    wat's the website again?

http://*************************/

dunno if anyone has tried this.....

http://www.paidpictures.com
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Going to try it.... upload all my hopeless photos

I did a quick scan on the shutterstock website and forums. Apparently, they are VERY STRICT in the type of images you upload. As long as the quality is not professional, they will reject. Some rejection reasons include 'noise', 'grainy', 'poor framing', 'cropping', 'focus', 'snapshot' (which I think means amateur).

Also, if humans are featured, the photos must be accompanied by model release forms. No copyright materials allowed, e.g paintings, logos. Photos should not contain any recognizable brand name products, not even shapes (e.g. 3-circle Disney). If any doubt, shutterstock will delete your account and bar you forever. Any points or money you earn over the past months will be forfeited.

From the top-50 photos, it seems the site is inclined towards stock photography used for corporate products, e.g. brochures, publications. Having said that, rejection does not mean your photos are no good. It just means that your photos do not fit what the have in mind.

As for Paypal, it's like a bank account. You can easily transfer any money from Paypal to your Singapore bank account for a fee of US$1. You can also use Paypal to pay internet transactions (where it's accepted). If you have no balance in Paypal, you can link Paypal to your credit card for all payments. What Paypal does is to deduct money from your credit card then pay to the merchant, at no extra fee. Basic account allows people to pay you using their Paypal balance account. Premier account allows people to pay you using their credit cards. The charge is based on the amount they pay you, which is quite minimal.

I have my own Paypal account which allows me to sell my music albums to anyone around the world. You don't have to join Paypal to buy merchandise handled by Paypal. http://timeless.chestertan.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer
    I did a quick scan on the shutterstock website and forums. Apparently, they are VERY STRICT in the type of images you upload. As long as the quality is not professional, they will reject. Some rejection reasons include 'noise', 'grainy', 'poor framing', 'cropping', 'focus', 'snapshot' (which I think means amateur).

Also, if humans are featured, the photos must be accompanied by model release forms. No copyright materials allowed, e.g paintings, logos. Photos should not contain any recognizable brand name products, not even shapes (e.g. 3-circle Disney). If any doubt, shutterstock will delete your account and bar you forever. Any points or money you earn over the past months will be forfeited.

From the top-50 photos, it seems the site is inclined towards stock photography used for corporate products, e.g. brochures, publications. Having said that, rejection does not mean your photos are no good. It just means that your photos do not fit what the have in mind.

As for Paypal, it's like a bank account. You can easily transfer any money from Paypal to your Singapore bank account for a fee of US$1. You can also use Paypal to pay internet transactions (where it's accepted). If you have no balance in Paypal, you can link Paypal to your credit card for all payments. What Paypal does is to deduct money from your credit card then pay to the merchant, at no extra fee. Basic account allows people to pay you using their Paypal balance account. Premier account allows people to pay you using their credit cards. The charge is based on the amount they pay you, which is quite minimal.

I have my own Paypal account which allows me to sell my music albums to anyone around the world. You don't have to join Paypal to buy merchandise handled by Paypal. http://timeless.chestertan.com/
    thanks

Like what pianodancer has said .. they do have a certain standard to what sort of image they accept .. but do not feel dishearten if you get rejected .. just try again ..
    Can see the photo in my gallery Here

Shutterstock is one of the many stock sites available.
    I sell my photo on 5 different stock sites ..
    Some sell better while some are slower .. bottom line fr me is as long as there are sales ..
    i dont mind even if it takes 6 months to reach the 100USD to request for a payment. It's still a bonus to me. So far to date .. actual money into my paypal account is 346USD .. but if consider the total from all 5 sites .. i have made ..540USD

I think a lot of people are not selling becasue they think that their photo are worth more than the 20/50c per download .. but do not underestimate this 20c .. they do add up.

So far i only know of one other CSer and i think he is doing pretty well too

If you need more info .. PM me ..

-----------------------------------
    Admin Note: Post edited to remove referral link. Please refrain from posting referrals on which a member earns commission - if you have a good stock site to share, share the top level domain/main site, and not put in referrals.
    Last edited by taipankid; 23rd April 2005 at 02:10 PM.