Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Photographer Needed?

Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    One of my friend's sister is getting married next week and NOW then they are finding a photographer to shoot the whole day event for....... $50!!!???? Cos his mother said, "friend friend" ... and they expect digital for unlimted shots...

sigh.. wondering what's the bride and groom esp the mom are thinking...
    If its for a very personal friend, and they are willing to cover the costs of print and album, then maybe can consider as a wedding gift or favor to them -- they owe you big time. Other than that, I wonder which idiot is willing to take up the $50 offer. This is beyond getting exposure or monetary gains. It is letting what you want others perceive photographers. Of course, its a different story if its just using a camera to anyhow point and shoot. They can't expect much, can they?

No, mine is 'Lego' type of photography. For free or cheap fees, i take pictures of head and body and legs seperately. The client can then mix and match themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    No, mine is 'Lego' type of photography. For free or cheap fees, i take pictures of head and body and legs seperately. The client can then mix and match themselves.
    Your ala carte concept is most creative.

Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349
    sigh.. wondering what's the bride and groom esp the mom are thinking...
    The bride and groom are thinking..."MUMMY KNOWS BEST!'

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    He's beyond the stated category His style is Advant Grad type... priceless
    No, mine is 'Lego' type. For a cheap and free service, i will take pictures of head and body and legs seperately. The clients will then mix and match themselves

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Your ala carte concept is most creative.
    thats why I say his style advant-grad... charge 1K/lego piece also can

Customer have to purchase minimum of 5 piece for a portrait
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

No, mine is 'Lego' type. For a cheap and free service, i will take pictures of head and body and legs seperately. The clients will then mix and match themselves
    Cheap is relative term... as for free... yes, free service... but 1K/piece of the lego

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Like I said, I won't know maybe he/she has done it before and knows very well of the loop holes avaliable for the moment/takings. It's very subjective.
    espn,
    I think you have answered your own question. Is it possible? Of course it is, its even possible to pilfer many tens of millions (remember APB and SIA?).

The question you SHOULD be asking however, is, "Is it likely?". I think the answer to that, considering the trivial sums involved and the grave downside risks, is "not very likely".

Cheers,

Apologies for the OT.. Bernard's style IS really unique... but I doubt he want's to shoot such events for now.

Since we are discussing, what are the "benchmarks" here?

IMO, the organising committee (not necessary from HR) has the mind set of
    1. if company has a digicam, can make use of the cam lor. why need to hire one person just to take photo?
    2. he/she knows how to take good photos, so ask his/her help.
    3. so expensive to hire one, might as well pay me some fraction of it and I use my 4mp P&S to shoot.

also, they have huge budget for every activity they organise, abt $20K per activity (me not refering to D&D or such large scale event).
    so what is $1k of the $20k?

When the photos turn out good, no credit goes to the photog. To add salt to injury, they will say “it is too ex and not worth it, next time just get someone to take and can save $.”

If turn out bad, u know what to expect!

Maybe the rule that we need to impose to those looking for photogs
    1. > $800 – u get pro service with good results
    2. between $500- $800 – u get acceptable results with dslr, no or minor post process.
    3. <$300 – u get good results using my P&S 4mp digicam.
    4. Free – hmm... let me see if i’m free or not on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yeah, the manager can sign with "Payment for Photography Services", claiming that he has paid the photographer on behalf of the co and pocket it. After all as mentioned, it can be in forms of petty cash, or a fake receipt/agreement, since the money is meant to be spent, how many will verify it's authencity or protocol?

I'm not making any judgement here, you're mistaken, I'm just clarifying my ideas in what happens when one looks for FREE because of "no/low budget". And wondering the abuse of one's position to pocket money because of loopholes can happen and see if this is one reason why photographers are abused.

Somebody offers free, but pockets that 1K-2K but finds a free photographer promising him/her a transport $20, food $10 and will do own developing to minimise costs. Sounds good eh, both 'earns'. And in the eyes of ordinary people, shots are shot. Doesn't matter pro or not. The semi/hobbist photographers present in the event will just shake head and sigh thinking that the co actually paid that much for a lousy photographer.

If I know everything, I won't need to start this thread, please do not attack me personally, thank you
    No personal attack was of course intented and if at any one time in my post you felt like then then please atribute it to my poor writting

With Regards to checking: Companies do have audit controls.. and of course loop holes can always exist (no system is 100% secure), but remember, the long arm of the law also exists when one is uncovered

With Regards to $50 wedding payments: where were you when I needed you most

-- Marios

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot
    If there is someone out there is willing to do it for free why stop people from asking for free photographer? For that matter, even there isn't, you will get no answer.

If you got the substance, you dun even worry about anyone spoiling the market. While the lousy photographers under cut and do it for free your good work will still be in demand.

Its a free market, let it determine your REAL worth. If you are a monkey, you may not even get peanuts eventually. Worse a monkey in disguise and yakking about how much he/she is worth, building walls to protect their so-call turf which is non-existence while those who are looking for opportunities to polish their skills are faced with such stewpid obstacles.

*grunt off*
    Yup, its a free market. Everyone is free to charge what they like.

But remember this, u charge cheap, u'll get ppl flocking to u. NOT BECAUSE YOUR PHOTO IS GOOD, but because you are CHEAP.

In any place where there is human beings, the straight fact of "1+1=2" doesn't apply anymore. Look at the high ideal of Communism and see what happened to it when it gets implemented by Earthlings.

Bo Li Duo Xiao....

Cheap Cheap.. Lelong Lelong!

$200 angbao maybe i consider

Quote Originally Posted by skf
    don't "advertise" your photo hobby or equipment in office. Else,

people (management) will somehow think of you as a "free" inhouse photog , if you decline, you might get labelled as "atitude" problem

Then there those who want to borrow your equipment;

or those expect you to shoot their weddings (or other family events} for free..
    Aiyah, actually still ok.

Shoot for them free. Go ahead.

But den put ur watermark BIG BIG over the photo. Or downsize the photo to such an extent that it is absolutely machine UNprintable. End of story. U get ur recognition's worth (watermark) and ppl can't leech ur photos outright.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    Other than that, I wonder which idiot is willing to take up the $50 offer.
    I think we have an answer

Personally I find those people who want super cheap or free photography are the fussiest and worst lots. They will take one bad shot out of the hundreds you've shot and make an issue out of it.

On top of it they take you for granted and show little or no appreciation for the efforts you put it.

my is miss-Q type. the back is always sharpest and the bokeh is form with the subjects in the foreground for free photography. Also since the de-focuss is deep, i only use white lenses and you know, white lenses cannot put lots of ppl in the picture, and they get cut off.

luckily for these ppl, no one piss me off to do such thing yet. I just reject bargain hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain

luckily for these ppl, no one piss me off to do such thing yet. I just reject bargain hunters.

For bargain hunters... I'll provide showbox pin-hole photography services (disguised as being artistic and unique)... hahaha... btw, how to focus on pin-hole huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Yup, its a free market. Everyone is free to charge what they like.

But remember this, u charge cheap, u'll get ppl flocking to u. NOT BECAUSE YOUR PHOTO IS GOOD, but because you are CHEAP.

In any place where there is human beings, the straight fact of "1+1=2" doesn't apply anymore. Look at the high ideal of Communism and see what happened to it when it gets implemented by Earthlings.
    Look at Ford and his cars...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast