Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: K5IIs Review and K5IIs vs K5 @ PentaxForums

Default Re: K5IIs Review and K5IIs vs K5 @ PentaxForums

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlel View Post
    Malaysia selling for RM3999 body only, which is about S$1500
    Can you confirm this is for K5II or K5IIs? Very good price anyway. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCircle View Post
    For god's sake its only the RCP that's published. not even the "REAL" street price and you guys are already speculating all the negativity. why dont you wait until the "real" price is out then make your comments.
    Just look att he Pentax Q forum. they did a good job with the price. i bet they will again for the K5II street price.
    Well, you should foresee or expect this kind of negative feedbacks when you 'publish' prices like those I guess. If you want to get potential buyers excited, better either not publish prices at all, or publish the actual prices you target to sell.

RCP should be used to reduce the market price difference and help customers make a quick buying decision. Unreasonable RCP would serve nothing but pushing potential buyers away.
    Last edited by fengwei; 15th November 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Can you confirm this is for K5II or K5IIs? Very good price anyway. Thanks.
    Its in the malaysia Pentax online store

Pentax K5IIs Body Kit - DSLR Cameras

and this price of RM3999 still got free gifts

K5IIs promo

Purchase Pentax K5IIs from our store and receive below free gift/ offers

- 1 X Pentax O-ME53 magnifying loupe (to increase your viewfinder magnification by 1.2X for better composition and manual focus experience)

- 1 X compatible D-LI90 rechargeable battery (on top of the original. To increase the battery life of your K5)

- 1 X Sandisk 8G SDHC memory card

- 1 X 3.0" LCD Screen Protector

- Option to purchase Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip at RM680 (Original price is RM899). Allows your K5IIs to use AA batteries, carry extra DLI90 and SD memory card. Vastly improves your K5IIs ergonomics especially the grip for vertical shooting. Pls use discount code DBG4 during check-outto receive the discount)

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh View Post
    Its in the malaysia Pentax online store

Pentax K5IIs Body Kit - DSLR Cameras
    Thanks. That's good to know. I'm sure our street price won't be too far from that.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCircle View Post
    For god's sake its only the RCP that's published. not even the "REAL" street price and you guys are already speculating all the negativity. why dont you wait until the "real" price is out then make your comments.
    Just look att he Pentax Q forum. they did a good job with the price. i bet they will again for the K5II street price.
    Seriously, how far do you think the real street price will be away from the RCP? $500 less? The RCP is a baseline price and the street price will usually be not far off, maybe $200 at best.

Everyone here is giving feedback to the distributor that the RCP is way too high, which is actually good since the distributor now knows the market sentiment and hopefully will try to keep the price lower. If everyone keeps quiet until the street price is out, by then it would be too late and a lose lose situation for everyone, both the distributor and us the consumers.

can try FotoCLS when the stock arrive.... This shop is located in KSL shopping complex, near to Holiday Plaza or Crystal Crown hotel
    Nikon D700, Nikkor 20mm f2.8, 35mm/50mm f1.8G

and this price of RM3999 still got free gifts

K5IIs promo

Purchase Pentax K5IIs from our store and receive below free gift/ offers

- 1 X Pentax O-ME53 magnifying loupe (to increase your viewfinder magnification by 1.2X for better composition and manual focus experience)

- 1 X compatible D-LI90 rechargeable battery (on top of the original. To increase the battery life of your K5)

- 1 X Sandisk 8G SDHC memory card

- 1 X 3.0" LCD Screen Protector

- Option to purchase Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip at RM680 (Original price is RM899). Allows your K5IIs to use AA batteries, carry extra DLI90 and SD memory card. Vastly improves your K5IIs ergonomics especially the grip for vertical shooting. Pls use discount code DBG4 during check-outto receive the discount)
    Nice and "Stock available".

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlel View Post
    can try FotoCLS when the stock arrive.... This shop is located in KSL shopping complex, near to Holiday Plaza or Crystal Crown hotel
    Just went last saturday, only2 shops selling camera equip and non pentax plus the whole shopping centre is a crap
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Quote Originally Posted by nightson View Post
    Seriously, how far do you think the real street price will be away from the RCP? $500 less? The RCP is a baseline price and the street price will usually be not far off, maybe $200 at best.

Everyone here is giving feedback to the distributor that the RCP is way too high, which is actually good since the distributor now knows the market sentiment and hopefully will try to keep the price lower. If everyone keeps quiet until the street price is out, by then it would be too late and a lose lose situation for everyone, both the distributor and us the consumers.
    Yes.
    Precisely the point I want to bring across.

Yes, $400-$500 less might be possible (eg. -$200 street price + -$200 distro rebate)
    So lets see.

But if we cheer now, it would certainly be sending out the wrong message.

Quote Originally Posted by nightson View Post

Yes.
    Precisely the point I want to bring across.

Yes, $400-$500 less might be possible (eg. -$200 street price + -$200 distro rebate)
    So lets see.

But if we cheer now, it would certainly be sending out the wrong message.

with the likes of u here, no wonder the distributors change regularly
    oth...just hold on, the price for used is always low for the body.
    Last edited by eow; 15th November 2012 at 11:52 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

everyone are so excited (including me) this must be the most response thread (within the few hours) for the last few mths.
    everyone response starting in early morning

When when , I just hope to be able to get it before this Sunday, cos Monday going Los Angeles Disneyland... yeh......

everyone are so excited (including me) this must be the most response thread (within the few hours) for the last few mths.

When when , I just hope to be able to get it before this Sunday, cos Monday going Los Angeles Disneyland... yeh......
    It will be in stores locally this week? Enjoy California!!

Unfortunately, next week.

i guess you are quite right. at this time canon's forum has 23ppl viewing, nikon 21 and pentax 18. not too bad i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Is there a store in JB that you can get at this price?

I give 1-2mths for the real price to settle in SGP.
    If it does not, maybe I even 'sabo' distro by organizing K5IIs buying trips in JB.
    haha..best if we can go buy in JB and go shoot there at the same time...one possible place for future monthly outing?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCircle
    Just sharing my thoughts, One cannot compare street prices now for K5 IIs with Q, its comparing New and one year old gear;

However, if RRP is $2199 and if street price turned out to be $1600, the buyer would not hesitate to buy immediately as he knows after initial introduction, the better price may not be there anymore.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Go US buy loh much cheaper less than S$1,700

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast