Thread: Look at Steve McCurry's photos

Default Look at Steve McCurry's photos

Blog Entries

Default Re: Look at Steve McCurry's photos

Rather than trying to copy/imitate McCurry's style, its a good reminder for us to stay curious, open-minded and to work with subjects when possible

Thanks for sharing
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Rather than trying to copy/imitate McCurry's style, its a good reminder for us to stay curious, open-minded and to work with subjects when possible

Thanks for sharing
    It is pointless to copy as Ed says... one can copy the image but what is lacking is the voice... that differentiate one photographer to another. Looks the same superficially, but a mile of different when it comes to finer details.

Hart

taken with film camera, nice works

Just appreciate, not copy. You can't copy the style and no point. But he went out and the chances for memorable shots just happened.

Watched the TV documentary on him. He photographed the Afghan girl with the green eyes using a Nikon F100 and film. He happened to come across her, took some shots and she was gone in a moment. Not a paid model shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Just appreciate, not copy. You can't copy the style and no point. But he went out and the chances for memorable shots just happened.

Watched the TV documentary on him. He photographed the Afghan girl with the green eyes using a Nikon F100 and film. He happened to come across her, took some shots and she was gone in a moment. Not a paid model shoot.
    Yes i agreed...appreciated is the word. If talk about copy...wahhh there are alot...let us take a place MBS. So many people took it...so who copy who?? Hahaa...well anywhere we can take...there is no who copy who...if you got the time and money...we can go places like steve Mcury too...who know that your work is more impressive then him...there are no winner in these world but remembered...people who remember who you are....

I like his name.. Reminds me of the Free Mac Curry last time..

There is a Malaysian fast food chain by that McCurry name. McDonald's sued it but the court ruled in favour of McCurry.

No idea why McDonald's think they own the "Mc-............" label. The Scottish used the "Mc-............" name long before McDonald's.

I remember one saying that goes like this "Curiosity kills the cat" :-)
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    There is a Malaysian fast food chain by that McCurry name. McDonald's sued it but the court ruled in favour of McCurry.

No idea why McDonald's think they own the "Mc-............" label. The Scottish used the "Mc-............" name long before McDonald's.

its like apple bro suing Samsung as they patented the candy bar design already lolz. On the serious side I think Yahoo also has copyrighted that or is it Google? lolz
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px