Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what camera/equipment u regretted buying?

Bought a 40 year old Speed Graphic off eBay, seller said it was a 4x5, but when it came it was the 6x9 version, and the seller refused to refund me.....to make matters worse: I bought it cause a friend asked to look around for one, now I am suck with it :-).

Now I attach my digital scanback to it, and it works perfectly!.......blend of past and present :-)

Second one: Nikon F90X, used once only.......I never use AF......

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 22nd February 2005 at 01:37 AM.

I regret being married to Miss EOS.

Now I can't even look at beauties like Nikon, Olympus, Minolta, Contax, Olympus etc.

The law in my country doesn't not allow two wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

Now I can't even look at beauties like Nikon, Olympus, Minolta, Contax, Olympus etc.

Never marry more than one! Divorce one and remarry lah!.......

HS

Thumbs down

Ricoh GR1s is the worse product that I ever bought! Spoilt in less than half year of useage!!!

Update:

The Sigma 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC ... now @ B & S now. Not because it's no good ... bought it in a moment of folly and realize that I don't really need it ...
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 22nd February 2005 at 08:47 AM.

Default Kodak digicam

I bought a second hand Kodak digicam about 4 years back. The beast was huge and bulky, took 4 AA batteries which would drain in 1/2 an hour. Startup took 15 minutes and focusing took 10 minutes per shot (at least it felt like that). My ancient canon P&S film cam worked like a rocket compared to this dinosaur. Sold it at a big loss, since digicam costs go down so fast. Piece of cr@p.

probably it's the 24-70 which i seldom use, and selling the 70 -200 f4 for the IS cousin. so heavy.
    and the creative zen micrro also. haiz.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

My xpan must list as my biggest regret. I love the camera, it takes superb pictures and the RF system is unbeatable. But at the same time, it is hard to justify bringing it out when you own a leica as well since the leica has faster lenses. I really wish the xpan wasn't f4. These days, it gets a short workout when i am bored or when i am travelling. Thats the main one although i sure as hell have had lots of mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Update:

The Sigma 18-125mm F3.5-5.6 DC ... now @ B & S now. Not because it's no good ... bought it in a moment of folly and realize that I don't really need it ...
    Aaahhhh..... Superzooms.

Either u hate them or u love them.

It had grown frm a 'love' to a 'hate' for me though. Horrible picture quality at the widest end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

there is something called a mistress......

Way too many to list .....sigh
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I have mix feelings about my Coolpix 5400.

Love its swivel screen design, size, weight, the color tones it can capture, micro-closeup function and battery life span.

Dislike its inability to focus well & fast under low light, little depth of field, slow write speed to CF card.

i regret buying my very first camera...

If only I did not buy that camera, I would not fall into photography hobby now and burn more $$$

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    I bought a second hand Kodak digicam about 4 years back. The beast was huge and bulky, took 4 AA batteries which would drain in 1/2 an hour. Startup took 15 minutes and focusing took 10 minutes per shot (at least it felt like that). My ancient canon P&S film cam worked like a rocket compared to this dinosaur. Sold it at a big loss, since digicam costs go down so fast. Piece of cr@p.
    .....this takes the cake

All the leica stuff I brought lost alot there reselling them. Nothing the jap stuff can't do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12