Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: The V2 is out

  1. #21

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    V2 is sure more interesting than V1. but i am surprise not a lot of nikon CSer is talking abt it..
    lol...

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synfan
    V2 is sure more interesting than V1. but i am surprise not a lot of nikon CSer is talking abt it..
    lol...
    It looks hideous to many..
    I'll love one that looks like the FM2..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 25th October 2012 at 04:11 PM.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synfan View Post
    V2 is sure more interesting than V1. but i am surprise not a lot of nikon CSer is talking abt it..
    lol...
    I think the Nikon 1 series is more for people you buy cameras to take photos instead of decorating it with soft buttons, half cases or other hilarious stuff. It's probably not stylish enough to let it collect dust. ;-)
    Last edited by ageha; 25th October 2012 at 06:23 PM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    well.. i intend to use it to replace slr body if i go overseas.. would definately get the ft adapter too.. it will be a good replacement for dx format consider e strange 2.7 crop factor..

  5. #25
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    The V2 will b a good digital backup for a film slr.
    Have earlier got the Lumix GX1 to partner mine aging Nikon F3.
    May switch to the V2 to complete the family, great great grand dad with new born, hehe:-)

  6. #26
    Member CS7890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Does anyone know how this fair compare to the OM-D?

  7. #27
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    I guess noone knows about feel and quality of it yet as it is not available in the market til end Nov.

    But then early previews from DPreview are out here:
    Hands-on with Nikon V2: Digital Photography Review

    Looking pretty good now.

  8. #28

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Anyone knows when is the release date in singapore

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    End November...

  10. #30
    Member CS7890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazypaladin
    End November...
    Will try it out when it launch.

  11. #31

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    can this cam fit with nikon dslr dx/fx lens?

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario
    can this cam fit with nikon dslr dx/fx lens?
    With the adapter, just like the previous 1 series
    Alpha

  13. #33

    Default

    The FT-1 should be able to fit V2 right?
    Don't think they coming out with a FT-2 hor...oops! Me and my big mouth...
    Maybe FT-2 can AF-C......

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    I would like to get the V2. It looks more professional than the V1. Also, economically speaking, it makes sense for Nikon DSLR owner to get the V1/2 and need not start a new lens collection from scratch.

  15. #35

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    With the adapter, just like the previous 1 series
    does the af and vr still work with the adapter , lens and V2?

  16. #36

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    does the af and vr still work with the adapter , lens and V2?
    Yes, af and vr still works. The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec and the lack of Af-C...which is a major complaint as it looks like it only requires a firmware tweak.

  17. #37

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by klim828 View Post
    Yes, af and vr still works. The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec and the lack of Af-C...which is a major complaint as it looks like it only requires a firmware tweak.
    The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec ... is mean what?

    also with nikon dsrl lens, the lenght is x 1.5 or x 2.0 ?

    thanks

  18. #38

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    The only limitation with that adaptor is the shutter speed, limited to 1.7 sec ... is mean what?

    also with nikon dsrl lens, the lenght is x 1.5 or x 2.0 ?

    thanks
    Regarding the first point, it simply means long exposures of more than 1 second is not possible.

    Second point, the crop factor is 2.7x

    Restrictions when using FT-1 Adaptor
    • Smart Photo Selector mode is not supported.
    • Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.
    • Shutter speeds of 1 s or slower are not available.
    • The sound monitor switch and focus operation button (Focus Lock/MEMORY RECALL/AF Start) have no eff etc.

  19. #39

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor937 View Post
    Regarding the first point, it simply means long exposures of more than 1 second is not possible.

    Second point, the crop factor is 2.7x
    care to explain this in layman term?

    •Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.

    thanks

  20. #40

    Default Re: The V2 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    care to explain this in layman term?

    •Motion Snapshots can be recorded only when an AF-S lens is attached and AF-S (Single AF) is selected for focus mode and then only when the camera is in focus. Do not attempt to adjust focus using the focus ring; if the ring is rotated, an error message will be displayed and pictures can not be taken until the message has cleared from the display and the camera has been refocused by pressing the shutter-release button halfway.

    thanks
    The Motion Snapshot feature (The one that takes a short slow motion clip and then a still) only works with AF-S lenses (So no AF-D, AI-S etc.) and only with AF-Single (Basically no manual focus and no auto focus continuous).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •