Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning : Scam artists in Buy/Sell

Blog Entries

Default Warning : Scam artists in Buy/Sell

A few scum bags are posting WTS items at prices that are too good to be true ( eg $2800 for a EOS 5D III etc etc)

They require you to send money first by wire .......

They have been deregistered..... but could come back again in another disguise.....

You have been warned

Deal FACE-TO-FACE and with eyes wide open

When you spot suspected too good to be true WTS threads, please hit the Report button to let us investigate

thank you
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warning : Scam artists in Buy/Sell

.... and yes its a free world ...... you are welcome to trust and transact with them if u wish ...... its your money ....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Can authorities lay a sting operation to flush them out in person and arrest, then prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Can authorities lay a sting operation to flush them out in person and arrest, then prosecute.

Those people could be hiding in some 3rd world county....

Scuba & Father... For Life

manufactures only give one year warranty, these scam bags offer two or three years warranty, you should be alert by now.

another way to identify them is simple use Google to do search on their email contacts, you will notice they are selling iphone, PS etc, all over the world too.

don't try your luck, you will kiss your hard earn money goodbye if you wire the money, they don't even send you a empty box at all.

they are not local, which means noting much you can do if you fall into their traps..

.........so, waste no time, just use report post once spotted,
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    In Nigeria or Romania? Not a chance.
    Alpha

Well, when something is too good to be true, ....... ??????

Well, there are those Nigerian lottery scam, time share scam. And now, they are in CS BnS. Now, should I say that those who are driven by greed are the most vulnerable to such scams.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

It is a statistical thing.

Of course normal people know it is a scam. But why do the scammers and Nigerian-con-artists continue to do this?
    Because it has been proven to be successful in 1 in a million. It costs them next to nothing to mass-send silly "I am a Nigerian prince- please send money to help unlock my $100 trillion inheritance and I will give you 10% of that...." type of email.

Some fool will fall for the trick.

.................................................. ...............

These may help you to check the con-artist.

How to find the IP address of the email sender in Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook Express, etc.

IP Address Lookup, Reverse IP Lookup, IP Location, Proxy Lookup, IP Whois, Blocklist Lookup
    The geographic IP location discovers the origin country of an IP address.
    The IP whois allows you to find out who an IP address belongs to.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 19th October 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Ricohflex, thanks for these links. Scumbags are all over the world and the internet. They do everything to con unsuspecting individuals, and they are succesful sometimes. It is our responsibility to be careful on giving out our hard earned money when buying onlines. These links I think can help in a way.

Sigh....these people still think that there are really gullible 3 year olds out therr..

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970
    Sigh....these people still think that there are really gullible 3 year olds out therr..
    Sadly, there ARE. It's not so much the naïveté alone but greed. All it takes is one greedy person for these people to score.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    ....It normal costs them next to nothing to mass-send silly "I am a Nigerian prince- please send money to help unlock my $100 trillion inheritance and I will give you 10% of that...."
    You may also get a photo of Nigerian Prince like this:

Some wanted to buy from you and say they will mail a draft to you but few days later will say draft got hold back at the custom, then ask u to mail your stuff to them and they will re-mail another draft. but once you mail your stuff to them, your $$ will never come and you won't be able to contact that fellow in future.

I've experience but didn't fall their trap and claim they are from Nigeria and Britain.

I posted a wtb adv in nikon section months ago... Someone sent me a pm saying he has 2 brand new stocks. He also mentioned that he was located in ISTANBUL.

That is an 85 percent chance that it a scam... I should have asked him who is the last Byzantine emperor.....

Quote Originally Posted by nikoneer View Post
    I posted a wtb adv in nikon section months ago... Someone sent me a pm saying he has 2 brand new stocks. He also mentioned that he was located in ISTANBUL.

That is an 85 percent chance that it a scam... I should have asked him who is the last Byzantine emperor.....
    Your business do until very big, even got suppliers from Istanbul want to deal with you ........ lol

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Your business do until very big, even got suppliers from Istanbul want to deal with you ........ lol

On a contratry my friend.... I supply them... They ran my supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoneer View Post

You can ask him that if Istanbul was still named Constantinople.

Hey hey! They are still active! As in the Nigerian scammers! Haha! Wonder how many "sisters and cousins" they have that need a Digital SLR camera.. Hmmm They even wanted to offer me more for the situation I'm in! Thanks to you guys for putting up about being extra careful! Haha. Now, I'm adding more fuel to keep the fire of safety running. Fire zoning from scammers. Burn M*@£$%*****ER!! HAHA!!
    Last edited by N iKon; 9th November 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N iKon View Post
    Hey hey! They are still active! As in the Nigerian scammers! Haha! Wonder how many "sisters and cousins" they have that need a Digital SLR camera.. Hmmm They even wanted to offer me more for the situation I'm in! Thanks to you guys for putting up about being extra careful! Haha. Now, I'm adding more fuel to keep the fire of safety running. Fire zoning from scammers. Burn M*@£$%*****ER!! HAHA!! In addition, their internet network is super fast. Kind of educational person in an are with high speed network. They replied my mail super long in a super short time. While for me, take ages to write a paragraph. Haha. If scammers are cops, they could solve most crime or they can be fake cops with fake badges. LOL
    Uhm. What does typing speed have to do with Internet speed? I mean really, I think you need to understand a bit more about modern technology.

FYI, there is such a thing as "prepared replies" (also known as templates) and the magic of copy-paste.

But yeah, if you think a faster internet speed means you can type faster... Uhm. I'm speechless. There's nothing I can add to that, it's already darn funny on it's own.
    Alpha

yes,
    I use template to issue reminders, warning and infractions,
    reply emails enquiry as well.
    even on sms-ing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast