Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is my cam good enough for wedding shots?

Blog Entries

don't forget that her cousin is family and you cannot walk away if there is a boo boo.
    It will follow you for life, so and so spoilt my wedding pictures. For life

I would say that she has something to worry about.

Don't worry about looking for another photographer, especially if u have no money.

All U have to do is post a post here, looking for photographers willing to exchange time for experience.

I'm sure a lot are willing to give it a try...

Oh ya... remember to use a new/anonymous nick, coz sure get flamed one...

For more reference on how to do it, refer to a thread started not long ago looking for free photographers for a Dinner and Dance shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by krist1984
    Hey everyone,
    My cousin is getting married in april, and shes asked me to take some photos (professionally), cos her photographer her mum n dad are making her have is not really a photographer, but a computer graphics technician.

he is just using your average joes digital 3 mp camera.

She asked me to take shots as well on my canon eos 3000n SLR camera and im wondering if it will be good enough for wedding protraits?

I'm going to be using kodak portra 160nc 35mm film
    and circular polarizer and a softener filters

the lens is standard 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 II

What do ya all think?
    Take the challenge since you are ASKED to help and its a good chance to expose yourself to something new.
    Since it is not likely to be a PAID job, do let ur cousin know what ur skill level is like and not to expect too much from you.

That said, Have confident in yourself and perform the role to the BEST OF YOUR Ability.

I was invited by my best friend to be his photog during his wedding...his backup is a lady using a PnS 2MP digicam....geez

I was scared and thought abt turning down the offer.
    But I decided that if you Dont have the confidence to try something new than you will likely be lacking in confidence to move on to new heights.

In the end, he was pretty satisfied with my shots and I was glad to help and gotten a good experience.

(Dont let others discourage u by saying ur gear is junk and that ur not experienced enough to take on the role, cos not all "customers" have the same expectations and want a pro photog's results)

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Don't worry about looking for another photographer, especially if u have no money.

All U have to do is post a post here, looking for photographers willing to exchange time for experience.

I'm sure a lot are willing to give it a try...

Oh ya... remember to use a new/anonymous nick, coz sure get flamed one...

For more reference on how to do it, refer to a thread started not long ago looking for free photographers for a Dinner and Dance shoot.

So You ended up being the photographer for the DND ? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    don't forget that her cousin is family and you cannot walk away if there is a boo boo.
    It will follow you for life, so and so spoilt my wedding pictures. For life

I would say that she has something to worry about.
    I dont think thats right.
    Firstly since its was his cousin who approached him, so I believe she doesnt want to pay for a $600 or more pro photographer to do it.
    Else she would have done that already. (If she had wanted quality pictures she would have paid for it)

Secondly, be frank abt ur skills, tell her that your not a professional but you will do ur best.
    To walk away from this job, will not only simply mean you are giving up the opportunity.
    you are also Turning down on ur cousin and letting her lose her confidence in you IF she has future lobang....like her company's D&D.
    And if you dont start getting some experience shooting wedding of your relatives...then I dont think you will ever have the guts to shoot the wedding of a total stranger..and a paying customer who will probably be more demanding than your cousin.

Hey everyone,
    My cousin is getting married in april, and shes asked me to take some photos (professionally), cos her photographer her mum n dad are making her have is not really a photographer, but a computer graphics technician.

She asked me to take shots as well on my canon eos 3000n SLR camera and im wondering if it will be good enough for wedding protraits?

What do ya all think?
    don't worry, your equipment is good enough for wedding portraits. good luck and happy shooting!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Hey everyone,

What do ya all think?
    Wedding portraits as in Outdoor Portraits and studio shots? The kind you are going to blow up to 8R and more? Like I said, PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12