Thread: Post processing woes

Default Post processing woes

Hi ppl..

I hv been dabbling w/ post processing on and off.. due to my heavy workload .. so the RAWs are accumulating but not the final product.

I find that C1 offers a fast and easy solution for batch processing.. but PS definitely wins over in terms of manipulation (layering.. screen and multiply overlay.. masking etc).

However, I find that in PS, I can't get the ease of colour balance and convenience in batching as C1.

How many of you have this struggle? How do you cope and best find a way to edit your digi negatives?

Pls kindly suggest. Thanks.

if u are EOS user..then use dpp. simple and quick. although not as extensive control as c1 or PS.

good sunday to you..

has this been a discussed topic or is it juz plain hot .. keeping ppl off from their norm activities.. heheh.

i welcome your opinion.

thanks.

Sorry, why do you batch process raw? Don't you wanna go thro each shot? Kinda defeats the purpose of raw unless you were shooting manual with the same settings for each shot.

Blog Entries

batch processing RAW format?
    Might as well shoot JPEG.

RAW is for fine adjustments on individual pictures. Every picture needs a different adjustment setting, so batch processing is a no no.

whats wrong with batch processing raw? maybe he just want to resize or sharpen or apply the same white balance to all his raw pix

Blog Entries

Answer is already in the post above.

Batch process JPEG i understand.
    If you want to batch process, why shoot in RAW format?

I think it is the kiasu thinking that shooting RAW is better whether you need it or not.