Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OpenNet installation - Any good / bad experiences or advice to share?

Default OpenNet installation - Any good / bad experiences or advice to share?

Hi,

Anyone has good / bad experiences to share or advices on OpenNet installation?

Thanks.

Default Re: OpenNet installation - Any good / bad experiences or advice to share?

Uhm... They came, they installed, they left. Fast and efficient but you need to clean up the dust, etc afterwards.

Just make sure they test the line (it will be one guy who installs, then the next day a line tester will come).
    Alpha

They provide free first 15m cabling, I made them patch one lan point from my terminal at living room till my bedroom, so I got a free gigabits network in my home now

Sorry ah.....I think the lan point is laid by Singtel

Had to pay like $120 for trunking.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: OpenNet installation - Any good / bad experiences or advice to share?

Wah ... install and test on different dates? Heard some people experienced signal loss or something ... how was yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Uhm... They came, they installed, they left. Fast and efficient but you need to clean up the dust, etc afterwards.

Just make sure they test the line (it will be one guy who installs, then the next day a line tester will come).
    Last edited by keiser; 16th October 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Wow ... how much do have to pay? Concealed or exposed cabling? Was the cabling messy?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    They provide free first 15m cabling, I made them patch one lan point from my terminal at living room till my bedroom, so I got a free gigabits network in my home now
    Last edited by keiser; 16th October 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Tot its free? Or did you request for special trunking or something?

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Had to pay like $120 for trunking.
    Last edited by keiser; 16th October 2012 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries

cut opennet hole and install wire usually by different firms...

The guys come to your house, ask you where you want your cables to be at. They then drill holes for cable to come into your house, install cable housing and then fix up the rest. They then clean up that area and another guy, straight come and test liao. Be nice to them, they are working for a company. Some neighbours really nasty to them.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by keiser
    Wow ... how much do have to pay? Concealed or exposed cabling? Was the cabling messy?
    Free brother.....$0......but I sign up for Singtel mio

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    The guys come to your house, ask you where you want your cables to be at. They then drill holes for cable to come into your house, install cable housing and then fix up the rest. They then clean up that area and another guy, straight come and test liao. Be nice to them, they are working for a company. Some neighbours really nasty to them.
    Exactly.....why nasty to people? Don't like don't do it.....next time must come out pocket $ for fiber network then know...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Exactly.....why nasty to people? Don't like don't do it.....next time must come out pocket $ for fiber network then know...
    Some of them put newspaper on floor n tell them, only can walk on it, no other area. Just like a path for them only, win liao lor. Like president house like that, so strict. PUI!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Its free during installation window but once over you have to pay..

missed the installation... but called and ask openet they say will have second window...still waiting..
    Nikon D600 |Sony RX100 M3

Quote Originally Posted by keiser
    Wah ... install and test on different dates? Heard some people experienced signal loss or something ... how was yours?
    Not switched yet, tied in to a cable contract. But nowadays cable is very fast because people are flooding to fibre. :-)
    Alpha

I did mine last year, thanks to the genius on top, one company doing the laying of the fibre and another company doing the testing.

Here is my blog post.

2011 Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network? Singapore « xtemujin 360Ā°Resources, Singapore

after installation, dont touch anything, dont open the cable housing, dont remove sticker, dont renovate your house, else they will charge you additional $300 for dmg....

oh, you will love "Bukit Timah" !!!! download few gig of files only take a short while !
    Last edited by ninelives; 16th October 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Objection !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    after installation, dont touch anything, dont open the cable housing, dont remove sticker, dont renovate your house, else they will charge you additional $300 for dmg....

oh, you will love "Bukit Timah" !!!! download few gig of files only take a short while !
    provided overseas is highway and not mountain path... bukit timah can be ferrari F1 here, but f1 sports car traffic jam also lan lan

2 Bangla workers came separately at different times. I suppose the company is labour-cost conscious.

First one did something. This one cannot see a horizontal line properly, so the cable duct he installed was slightly slanted. Cannot undo.

The next one did something to connect up on another day. Not sure whether he may have screwed up the connection in the junction box outside. I had no incoming calls on the Singtel home phone line for some time after the Open Net installation (did not discover that until much later when I tried to make a call out using land line). The Singtel technician came to undo the screw-up.

I am not sure the Open Net thing can function. Did not subscribe, so not tested.

You see, the Open Net company did not send a separate Supervisor or Quality Assurance team / inspector to come and do a communication test using instruments to verify that the whole set up is operational and sign on the Inspection Certificate for each house's connection. If this requirement was missing from the contract given by the Authorities to the Open Net installing company, then where is the Quality Assurance?

Not every household that has this thing installed will subscribe. What if they actually don't function because they were not installed properly?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 16th October 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast