View Poll Results: Own a Mac? Which one? Choose as many as you own.

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Powermac

38 15.51%
  • Powerbook

83 33.88%
  • iBook

72 29.39%
  • iMac

61 24.90%
  • Mac Mini

15 6.12%
  • eMac

4 1.63%
  • Others

50 20.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Mac users on CS

Default Re: Mac users on CS

Quote Originally Posted by david_goh View Post
    My iMac works great. I nearly always put it to sleep after using. But occasionally, it doesn't wake up from its sleep. I have to power it off and on again. Anyone has this problem?
    my mac also like that, sometime cannot wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    my mac also like that, sometime cannot wake up.
    So we bought the Sleepy Macs?

Using Macbook.. never look back since then... no more windows...
    Leica M4P/ M2 / Summarit 35mm f2.5 / Summicron C40mm f2 / Kobalux 21mm f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Verticoastro View Post
    Using Macbook.. never look back since then... no more windows...
    I like to say the same; but my company laptop is on Windwos, and so is my Samsung Omnia phone.

Quote Originally Posted by All Blue View Post
    check and checked again. no vents, no ports whatsoever(except for the connector ports at the side). apple designs are so seamless and slick. bow down to them. so where is the heat exhausted?
    It should be where the hinges are in the back. Aluminum is a good conductor of heat... hence i never place my mac book pro on "my" lap.
    Last edited by 2evans; 9th July 2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: changed may to my...

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    It should be where the hinges are in the back. Aluminum is a good conductor of heat... hence i never place my mac book pro on may lap.
    who is May? I wish i can place my head there.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    It should be where the hinges are in the back. Aluminum is a good conductor of heat... hence i never place my mac book pro on may lap.
    oh, i'll put it on my feet if i'm getting cold feet.

so, do you also mean that the entire bottom of the computer is a cooling plate which does not need a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    who is May? I wish i can place my head there.....
    Opps.

oh, i'll put it on my feet if i'm getting cold feet.

so, do you also mean that the entire bottom of the computer is a cooling plate which does not need a fan?
    There should still be a fan... and an exhaust port. On the older aluminum mac book pros, there's a long slit at the back, between the hinges that lets out the hot air.

technically, since the macbook is made from aluminum, the whole thing is able to act as a heat sink(wrong term to use here?), thereby dissipating the heat faster.

I recently acquired a copy of Aperture for use with my photos, but find that it can get quite laggy on my macbook white. specs are 2ghz intel core 2 duo, with gma950 video card and 2gb of ram. anyone knows whether its supposed to be this laggy, or could it just be my macbook, since its a pretty old model?

also, how long have you guys left the macbooks on for? a day? two days? a week?

Hi I am a newbie in relations to iMac.

Always have been a PC man for many many years, but I bought the iMac for the sake of using it just for Photoshop and all, basically for use with my Photos.

About 2 months after buying the iMac, the harddisk crashes, they reinstalled a new one for me, but whatever I have inside the harddisk were all gone. Imagine my horror, that a new machine would have its peripherals crash so easily. Bad experience for me.

I am still using the iMac, but since I am really a newbie to it, I don't think i have fully utilised it's full potential.

So in order for me to gain back confidence with the iMac, is there anyway I could learn and work it for free. Any good advice from all you Mac gurus.....

Thanks
    Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

Blog Entries

Closing off this old thread which resurfaced - most of the Mac models no longer available.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789