Page 63 of 104 FirstFirst ... 133853586162636465687388 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2073

Thread: Sentosa Thread IV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Bro,

use hoya filter might deteriorate the image of good lens
    yes, i know. but i have to live with it for a while.

scud - who wld wanna buy a lens hood?? nah. i just leave it in the cabinet when i take my lens out. blardy useless piece of plastic. one thing canon never learn how to design is lens hoods. i also dun like the 70-200/f4L hood too. dat also stays in the cabinet.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte

That big mama is a 300 with 1.4x tc. TUA KI rite ?!?!
    Wow, dats a good lens!

FB trying her 'Yi Yang Zhi' (One-Finger skill) to test the hardness of the filter?

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    i did. bought a normal hoya filter to chiam see tong first. save a bit first b4 going to get a SHMC or the nikon filter.

but i really hate the 17-40 lens hood. crap design...
    I think wide angle lens hood are all so big & bulky. E Tamron 17-35 similar to Minolta's 17-35 lens hood also quite similar leh
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Hey, Gryphon, how's your colleague with her Nikon Coolpix 4200? No complaints so far, i suppose?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    I think wide angle lens hood are all so big & bulky. E Tamron 17-35 similar to Minolta's 17-35 lens hood also quite similar leh
    yeah, i know. the hood has to cover the wider angle-of-view for WA lens. but, shessshhh... u know how difficult it is to fit the 17-40 with hood (reversed) into a camera bag? the flower petal design always get hook onto something when i try to take it out from the bag. plus, the hood increased the diameter of the front element to the point where it cannot fit nicely into the lens pouches of my stealth reporter...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

yeah, i know. the hood has to cover the wider angle-of-view for WA lens. but, shessshhh... u know how difficult it is to fit the 17-40 with hood (reversed) into a camera bag? the flower petal design always get hook onto something when i try to take it out from the bag. plus, the hood increased the diameter of the front element to the point where it cannot fit nicely into the lens pouches of my stealth reporter...
    Act I got no problem with others lens lens' hook . Only hate the WA one
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Everyone disappear ?

Hmmmmm

OK lah. Time to go home liao. Bye guys
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Everyone disappear ?

Hmmmmm

OK lah. Time to go home liao. Bye guys

good life leh..so early go home..i still need to hang around till 6.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    Hey, Gryphon, how's your colleague with her Nikon Coolpix 4200? No complaints so far, i suppose?
    No, she very happy wif it.
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

What is this thread about? Got so many version liao and yesterday at SEED saw a few from this thread.

neither. got a hoya. too damn broke to even get a good filter. then again, i'm tempted to use the 17-40 without a filter. but... the front glass elements are pretty close to the edge of the rim of the lens. very easy get scratches.
    U can always gaffer the FE

Sure worn't get scratched... can add another layer of coating somemore. Hahaha.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    Wow, dats a good lens!

FB trying her 'Yi Yang Zhi' (One-Finger skill) to test the hardness of the filter?
    u mean that there's a filter that fits the FE of this lens?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    U can always gaffer the FE

Sure worn't get scratched... can add another layer of coating somemore. Hahaha.
    very funny, cyrn... then i have to go and ask clown to teach me how to PS..

"excuse me, clown. can u teach me how to save my shots? i forgot to remove the gaffer tape..."

There is an alternative hood for the 17-40 f4L if you are using DSLR, so no worries abt vignetting, I think its the hood for the 24/1.4L or something...EW83EII I think...can't rem... Smaller in size and slimmer, so u can reverse it and store w/ the lens with no problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    There is an alternative hood for the 17-40 f4L if you are using DSLR, so no worries abt vignetting, I think its the hood for the 24/1.4L or something...EW83EII I think...can't rem... Smaller in size and slimmer, so u can reverse it and store w/ the lens with no problems.
    nah. i've learnt to shoot without hoods. just need to watch where the light is.

u wanna eat this? guarantee brand-new.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    u mean that there's a filter that fits the FE of this lens?
    The front glass is not exactly a filter, but its just a flat plate of hard glass which helps to keep dust and stuff away fro mthe internal elements, thus it acts somewhat like a UV filter's primary function to protect the front lens elements. The real UV filter is the drop-in one at the rear of the lens.

nw75

Basket....u contract the "Garion must eat lens hood" virus from espn issit...

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    What is this thread about? Got so many version liao and yesterday at SEED saw a few from this thread.
    Hi, Nice meeting u at Seed.

What's this thread about??? The standard answer is : " pls read from post 1."

Anyway to sum it up... it a thread for crazy photographers who got nothing better to do (besides shooting) and who's fingers are glued to either the shutter button or the keyboard... simarly for the eyes... either on the monitor or the viewfinder.

Futher summary.... a bunch of photog chit-chatting in CS loh.... mabbe to summarised... join the fun to find out.

Bro,

use hoya filter might deteriorate the image of good lens
    Use B+W!!! dun use Hoya.

17-40 pretty resistant to flare leh... shoot directly to sun also have very minimum flare.

New term juz for garion: Eat! Eat! Eat!