Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip of the YEAR!!!!!!!

wahhh!! hello hello!! i registered 2 clubsnap so that i can converse with u guys as well.

yup.. very true. it was a tiring whole day trip. but i dun deny that its ALOT of fun!! heh

had alot of silly laughters everywhere we went.. really enjoyed the trip..

thanks u guys.. thanks 2 ALL the photographers n the organisers, Joanne ( i think every1 'kao tao' 2 her 4 her effort ), the make up artist, all every1 else who put everything together n made it a fun trip.

Hello darling Haley! Go portraits and poses to see some of ur photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Thank you for the valuable feedback. Joanne and us will look into organizing a better trip. I for one will also opt for the hotel too if not for the outfit the models were wearing. The old rustic feel in the hotel were the type of lighting most of us were looking for too.

Since this is only our second outing, I would say it was a very successful one. Imagine if we reach there and it rain.........? So I would really like to thank GOD for the good weather.

Although we were not expecting what was install for us but as a photographer we always try to make the best out of everything. Modifying our techniques to suit the enviroment is part of learning stage to be a better photographer. I will be frustrated too if I did not know what's install for me as a participant but I learn to accept and modify to what I think would best suit me on the spot.

As for the weather, I would say it's not overcast. This is the most suitable kinda of lighting to shoot models out in the open. Contrast and brightness were easier to control. No harsh shadows below the nose, cheeks, neck and eyes. If the lighting were to be too strong, we will not be able to shoot near the beach.

To answer your suggestions....
    Some pointers for Joanne,
    1) Next time bring a loud hailer : If bring a loud hailer, she would scare all the people away!

2) or walkie-talkies for leaders or models : We want to but since this is only a yearly thing(plus we do not profit from the trip), we would try to keep our budget to bring down the trip price.

3) Bring Pi Pa Kao for yourself Yes this we will do it! In fact we will bring a dozen of those!

4) Would appreciate if schedule & theme were listed here so photographers can be prepared : Sometimes when we are outstation, we are unable to really plan the exact timing. We always try to make the best for our participants. We would love to let you all know about the theme but due to some last minute changes, we wouldn't want to promise any of you as you might be dissapointed if there was any changes. Again we will try our best!

Last but not least.....I would like to thank the participants for making this trip a success too. Not only Joanne put in her 101% effort but it's your full support that made this trip a success. Thanks!
    Yes Danny, there always room for improvement. Would appreciate if rough idea of theme and schedule be mentioned next time. No need to promise lah, just a rough idea, like casual, hiphop, beachwear etc.

where?? i dun c mine leh... hmmm.. u're talking abt those from the TRIP or others??

Quote Originally Posted by Haley
    where?? i dun c mine leh... hmmm.. u're talking abt those from the TRIP or others??
    Look under Portraits and Poses>Some pics from Trip of the Year

wahhh!! hello hello!! i registered 2 clubsnap so that i can converse with u guys as well.

yup.. very true. it was a tiring whole day trip. but i dun deny that its ALOT of fun!! heh

had alot of silly laughters everywhere we went.. really enjoyed the trip..

thanks u guys.. thanks 2 ALL the photographers n the organisers, Joanne ( i think every1 'kao tao' 2 her 4 her effort ), the make up artist, all every1 else who put everything together n made it a fun trip.
    Welcome aboard Harley!!!

For the trip and your TFP.

here are my favourite sets, and how amazing, 3 on the beach and 3 at the garden -

Beach - Shrileen (sp??) on the sand spit, Finoe (sp??) in front of the pipes and Melissa by the wooden shack.

Garden - Amanda the sexy cow girl, Melissa the retro beauty and I cannot believe saying this before the shoot, Haley, in her school girl/sailor moon outfit, was amazing.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    here are my favourite sets, and how amazing, 3 on the beach and 3 at the garden -

Beach - Shrileen (sp??) on the sand spit, Finoe (sp??) in front of the pipes and Melissa by the wooden shack.

Garden - Amanda the sexy cow girl, Melissa the retro beauty and I cannot believe saying this before the shoot, Haley, in her school girl/sailor moon outfit, was amazing.
    Many apologies to Michelle and MElissa, got them mixed up. It should be Michelle at the wooden shack on the beach, not Melissa. Must be those beers YK bought.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Yes Danny, there always room for improvement. Would appreciate if rough idea of theme and schedule be mentioned next time. No need to promise lah, just a rough idea, like casual, hiphop, beachwear etc.
    Hiya....rough idea also can but we will not want to make any empty promises. If we do that, we are afraid you might not be too happy about it. We want to crack our heads to the very final hour to make sure we are able to make everyone happy. Hope that you will understand. The next time we will fax, email, put up a banner, make a special announcement just for you! Keke......ok?

thank u!! still not very savvy with this clubsnap n how the links work. but i should be able 2 get 2 links SOON.. oh my.. i was looking at some of the pics.. hmmm.. NICE!!

things that i have gotten/achieved/gained.. from the trip:

-ALOT OF MOSQUITO BITES EVERYWHERE ON MY LEGS!! i could even c them in some of the pics!! wahhaha..
    -SUN BURN.. *bleah* tan line. urgh~ im gonna be dark n ugly.. boohoo~ *tears*
    -alot of pics.. n more 2 come!! i shall dig out ALL The pictures from every1. wahh.. den i can compile my ALBUM liao!! whahaha..
    -ALOT of FUN!!
    -CHEAP fags!!
    -some ca$h
    -made alot of friends..
    -had alot of laughters
    -was actually feeling abit dread abt the stupid Sailormoon costume. but i end up having alot of fun while in it. cos i can make alot of silly expressions n everything just falls into place!! hahahhaha.. i cant believed i made the FINGER!! whahhaha.. oops.. *zip* i think only 1 lucky group gotta snap it!! *big grinz*

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Bon voyage !! and remember the beer !!! (has been cursing my boss for the past week for making me work 2morrow)
    eh bro. u asked me to go to the trip that day .. n then u neber come.

poohbear--> <--ibs

-was actually feeling abit dread abt the stupid Sailormoon costume. but i end up having alot of fun while in it. cos i can make alot of silly expressions n everything just falls into place!! hahahhaha.. i cant believed i made the FINGER!! whahhaha.. oops.. *zip* i think only 1 lucky group gotta snap it!! *big grinz*
    so what have u learnt? if you wear sailormoon outfit, you'll get away with anything. so wear it more often!

thank u!! still not very savvy with this clubsnap n how the links work. but i should be able 2 get 2 links SOON.. oh my.. i was looking at some of the pics.. hmmm.. NICE!!

things that i have gotten/achieved/gained.. from the trip:

-ALOT OF MOSQUITO BITES EVERYWHERE ON MY LEGS!! i could even c them in some of the pics!! wahhaha..
    -SUN BURN.. *bleah* tan line. urgh~ im gonna be dark n ugly.. boohoo~ *tears*
    -alot of pics.. n more 2 come!! i shall dig out ALL The pictures from every1. wahh.. den i can compile my ALBUM liao!! whahaha..
    -ALOT of FUN!!
    -CHEAP fags!!
    -some ca$h
    -made alot of friends..
    -had alot of laughters
    love those pictures with the fingers ... too bad my 20D can only burst upto 9 frames at a time, wish I had a 1D Mk2 for that one splitting moment.

Never liked shooting sailer moon outift, but if you are in it, will shoot again .... and again ... provided, you have fun and give us the finger again
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Hiya....rough idea also can but we will not want to make any empty promises. If we do that, we are afraid you might not be too happy about it. We want to crack our heads to the very final hour to make sure we are able to make everyone happy. Hope that you will understand. The next time we will fax, email, put up a banner, make a special announcement just for you! Keke......ok?
    Surprises are good ... and the shoot at the garden thingy was ... what a surprise ...
    even with sailor moon ...but won't forget the retro, the hip hop, the sultry black dress, the gold bustier, of course sailor moon lah ... and then ... we ended our shoot eith the cow girl ...

Thanks for the planning, the organising, and the surprises!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

actually i like that sailormoon suit um...better than the tracksuit

Surprises are good ... and the shoot at the garden thingy was ... what a surprise ...
    even with sailor moon ...but won't forget the retro, the hip hop, the sultry black dress, the gold bustier, of course sailor moon lah ... and then ... we ended our shoot eith the cow girl ...

Thanks for the planning, the organising, and the surprises!
    Shall we go again to Malacca....but this time round we go for the baba/nyonya look! Since you love the lighting so much, why dun we just go again and do it!

hehe.. sorry for the late contribution... come back already hamtam by work... :P

anyway.. like to say its really an enjoyable trip. First time get to shoot so many models at one go... quite an experience..

Maybe Joanne next time can organise one that focus on landscape or architecture.... Was actually looking forward for a chance to shoot some historical buildings at Malacca.. too bad not enough time lah.. hehe

thanks again for SLCC for organising such a trip.. get to meet old and new friends.. haha

Many apologies to Michelle and MElissa, got them mixed up. It should be Michelle at the wooden shack on the beach, not Melissa. Must be those beers YK bought.
    Yo.. dun blame it on the beers man... it must be the whisky and the beautiful models!!!!! Took a swig from it before the shoot right? wanna shoot that puri hotel or whatever its name.. really nice for a beach wear shoot in that kind of setting dont u think?

This are the group shot.........for the first theme, The Hawaiian Breeze

The second is The Six Pack

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast