Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip of the YEAR!!!!!!!

great trip.............. thanks to everyone involved !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    ate and ate? we did...you didnt but you did shoot and shoot though

very good outing...many thanks to the organizers, models and participants
    Must keep on diet....still ate but less haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69
    Very good weather... Excellent food... and SUPERBLY SUBLIME AND BEAUTIFUL MODELS!!!!! Best trip ever!!!! UPZ for SLCC and Joanne for organizing this.

Still can hear her shouting... group 2 change!!!!! macham exercise... but this is one heck of a enjoyable one!!!

Ah V... Dun worry... next trip i am sure joanne will have even something better up her sleeve!!!
    Thank you to all the people who join this trip! Yes, thanks god for the good weather. I know I like a "siao cha mo" shouting here and there. Hope everyone really enjoy the trip.

Will try to visit my sister who stay in Kuantan on this June holiday, I will try to do some homework to get ready for the next trip: Kuantan Trip. Hope can organise a trip that can even better that this for people who support SLCC. So guys start to saving now to prepare for the next trip, cause this time the trip will be about 2 days 2 nights or 3 days 2 nights or......... Of course it will cost a bit more than this trip. And I will try to arrage a 3 star hotel for the trip and more photos shoot. So I will start to do my homework, and you guys start to save........... Thank you for supporting SLCC.

Pity On Yi couldn't model with us. She's SO CUTE like an !

[Will try to visit my sister who stay in Kuantan on this June holiday, I will try to do some homework to get ready for the next trip: Kuantan Trip. Hope can organise a trip that can even better that this for people who support SLCC. So guys start to saving now to prepare for the next trip, cause this time the trip will be about 2 days 2 nights or 3 days 2 nights or......... Of course it will cost a bit more than this trip. And I will try to arrage a 3 star hotel for the trip and more photos shoot. So I will start to do my homework, and you guys start to save........... Thank you for supporting SLCC.[/QUOTE]

waahh...haven't rest and have already plan trip for next year...upppzzzz for you...

anyways....welcome back guys

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Will03
    great trip.............. thanks to everyone involved !!!!!!!!!
    Cant wait to see your excellent shots ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Lovely models and food... Enjoyed myself and thanks to SLCC for organising this unforgettable trip.... Look forward to your Kuantan Trip... kekekekeke....

Quote Originally Posted by melissafaith
    Pity On Yi couldn't model with us. She's SO CUTE like an !
    Yah....but we always have a back-up plan if one model to join us......! So we will not disappoint any of our fellow participants! Worst case scenario is Joanne will be our model!!!! Haha.....

3 Cheers for Joanne for all her screaming!!!!

where are all the photos? show us...show us.....

I really want to see the photos of "cowgirl"

Thankyou Joanne,

Although the diffuse lighting from the overcasted sky, model's outfits and locations wasn't to my liking, I still had fun.

Some pointers for Joanne,
    1) Next time bring a loud hailer
    2) or walkie-talkies for leaders or models
    3) Bring Pi Pa Kao for yourself
    4) Would appreciate if schedule & theme were listed here so photographers can be prepared.

Was hoping for costumes that complement the historic beauty of Malacca, the first location was beautiful, too bad our models are wearing beachwears imagine if they were wearing peranakan costumes, it would be perfect.

Nonetheless, the talents were BEAUTIFUL!!! food was fantastic and as usual too much! Filling everyone's stomach after a tiring day!

Looking forward to the next trip! Thankyou Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Yah....but we always have a back-up plan if one model to join us......! So we will not disappoint any of our fellow participants! Worst case scenario is Joanne will be our model!!!! Haha.....

3 Cheers for Joanne for all her screaming!!!!
    Halo wat worse scenario Joanne is chiew hor

I have an excellent time there...

Had good food and loads of fun...

Upz for Joanne for making so much effort to ensure we have our breakfast and fluids... the morning call, sacrificing her sleep so that we can have wonderful trip...

All the models were great... they have to run around to so many places yet maintaining their smiles... I enjoyed my shoot with every single one of them...

Too bad I didn't manage to talk to all of them...

Will be looking forward to the next trip...

yup.. can see the effort that joanne has put in... great work joanne ! .. really appreciate it..

Quote Originally Posted by Will03
    yup.. can see the effort that joanne has put in... great work joanne ! .. really appreciate it..
    Thank you very much guys! As long all of you are enjoy the trip, all the hardwork and tired are worth it.

Those who are shooting with digital can you please copy the photos on a CD for me? So that I can give to the models. Thank you!!!

Have to say.. this is a very fun trip.. where to find such organiser (Joanne la) .. preparing breakfast for every photographer.

The whole trip works like the army standard:
    1. RSM (Joanne)
    2. Convoy Movement to location (in 2 Big VIP Coach)
    3. Food Rationing (Breakfast, Peranakan Luch and Sumptous Chinese Dinner).
    4. Section Leader and Men (except that we are holding cameras - Photographers in groups of 5)
    5. Firing Range (Where the targets are the model and the firers are the photographers. Joanne had to draw a line on the beach to prevent over-enthusiastic photographers for the group shooting - Everyone gets to fire at her command!).

Finally, have to thanks my Group 5 for being so cooperative. Looking forward to another Trip of the Year by SLCC...

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Thankyou Joanne,

Although the diffuse lighting from the overcasted sky, model's outfits and locations wasn't to my liking, I still had fun.

4) Would appreciate if schedule & theme were listed here so photographers can be prepared.

Was hoping for costumes that complement the historic beauty of Malacca, the first location was beautiful, too bad our models are wearing beachwears imagine if they were wearing peranakan costumes, it would be perfect.

Nonetheless, the talents were BEAUTIFUL!!! food was fantastic and as usual too much! Filling everyone's stomach after a tiring day!

Thank you Max! The reason why I am not list out the schedul is because I am afraid that there are some people really "law by law", when we list out the schedul which mean that we must follow, if we change somethings, they will sure to make noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Thankyou Joanne,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. Joanne and us will look into organizing a better trip. I for one will also opt for the hotel too if not for the outfit the models were wearing. The old rustic feel in the hotel were the type of lighting most of us were looking for too.

Since this is only our second outing, I would say it was a very successful one. Imagine if we reach there and it rain.........? So I would really like to thank GOD for the good weather.

Although we were not expecting what was install for us but as a photographer we always try to make the best out of everything. Modifying our techniques to suit the enviroment is part of learning stage to be a better photographer. I will be frustrated too if I did not know what's install for me as a participant but I learn to accept and modify to what I think would best suit me on the spot.

As for the weather, I would say it's not overcast. This is the most suitable kinda of lighting to shoot models out in the open. Contrast and brightness were easier to control. No harsh shadows below the nose, cheeks, neck and eyes. If the lighting were to be too strong, we will not be able to shoot near the beach.

To answer your suggestions....
    1) Next time bring a loud hailer : If bring a loud hailer, she would scare all the people away!

2) or walkie-talkies for leaders or models : We want to but since this is only a yearly thing(plus we do not profit from the trip), we would try to keep our budget to bring down the trip price.

3) Bring Pi Pa Kao for yourself Yes this we will do it! In fact we will bring a dozen of those!

4) Would appreciate if schedule & theme were listed here so photographers can be prepared : Sometimes when we are outstation, we are unable to really plan the exact timing. We always try to make the best for our participants. We would love to let you all know about the theme but due to some last minute changes, we wouldn't want to promise any of you as you might be dissapointed if there was any changes. Again we will try our best!

Last but not least.....I would like to thank the participants for making this trip a success too. Not only Joanne put in her 101% effort but it's your full support that made this trip a success. Thanks!

waahh...haven't rest and have already plan trip for next year...upppzzzz for you...

cheers[/QUOTE]

Yes, is not easy to bring such a big group of photographers with a group of models. Have to make sure the food are good, have to make sure every photographer have enough time to shoot, have to make sure the models would not give me trouble, hope everyone will enjoy the trip and........etc. Is very pressure before and during the trip, but when I see everyone enjoy the trip, I have the sense of accomplishment.

I would like to have something better that this trip for my next trip. I had share my idea with some of the photographers, they also say the idea is good.

So if you guys want to join the next trip, you can start to save now. You can can save $1 per day, 365 days you will have $365/-. Hurry, start saving now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Thank you for the valuable feedback. Joanne and us will look into organizing a better trip. I for one will also opt for the hotel too if not for the outfit the models were wearing. The old rustic feel in the hotel were the type of lighting most of us were looking for too.

Since this is only our second outing, I would say it was a very successful one. Imagine if we reach there and it rain.........? So I would really like to thank GOD for the good weather.

Although we were not expecting what was install for us but as a photographer we always try to make the best out of everything. Modifying our techniques to suit the enviroment is part of learning stage to be a better photographer. I will be frustrated too if I did not know what's install for me as a participant but I learn to accept and modify to what I think would best suit me on the spot.

As for the weather, I would say it's not overcast. This is the most suitable kinda of lighting to shoot models out in the open. Contrast and brightness were easier to control. No harsh shadows below the nose, cheeks, neck and eyes. If the lighting were to be too strong, we will not be able to shoot near the beach.

To answer your suggestions....
    1) Next time bring a loud hailer : If bring a loud hailer, she would scare all the people away!

2) or walkie-talkies for leaders or models : We want to but since this is only a yearly thing(plus we do not profit from the trip), we would try to keep our budget to bring down the trip price.

3) Bring Pi Pa Kao for yourself Yes this we will do it! In fact we will bring a dozen of those!

4) Would appreciate if schedule & theme were listed here so photographers can be prepared : Sometimes when we are outstation, we are unable to really plan the exact timing. We always try to make the best for our participants. We would love to let you all know about the theme but due to some last minute changes, we wouldn't want to promise any of you as you might be dissapointed if there was any changes. Again we will try our best!

Last but not least.....I would like to thank the participants for making this trip a success too. Not only Joanne put in her 101% effort but it's your full support that made this trip a success. Thanks!
    Yes, ProImage is right. I forget to thanks all the participants, one hand can't clap it needs two hands to clap. THANK YOU GUYS, WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT THIS TRIP WILL NOT BE SUCCESS. Give you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Toto38

cheers
    Yes, is not easy to bring such a big group of photographers with a group of models. Have to make sure the food are good, have to make sure every photographer have enough time to shoot, have to make sure the models would not give me trouble, hope everyone will enjoy the trip and........etc. Is very pressure before and during the trip, but when I see everyone enjoy the trip, I have the sense of accomplishment.

I would like to have something better that this trip for my next trip. I had share my idea with some of the photographers, they also say the idea is good.

So if you guys want to join the next trip, you can start to save now. You can can save $1 per day, 365 days you will have $365/-. Hurry, start saving now.[/QUOTE]

One dollar per day? Not enough! Haha! Better save $2.00 per day so we can stay in a better hotel plus even more delicious food! At least when you save more, we can opt for better things. The more you pay, the better it gets! I started my savings $4.00!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast