Thread: Recommendation for a good photo TV slideshow software

Default Recommendation for a good photo TV slideshow software

Hi guys,
    Just discovered I had accumulated close to 10K family photos
    in my hard disk. I am now using "Picasa2" for archiving and backup. But too bad , it doesn't support burning to VCD/DVD
    for TV output.

Need any recommendation for a responsive photo burning software. So far, I have tried "Photoshop Album 2.0" and "Elements 3.0" but the quality i see on my TV is appalling!

thanks.

Try this software.....muvee autoproducer....heard it's not bad... www.muvee.com

MemoriesOnTV
    Proshow Gold

Proshow Gold

I have been using the muvee autoproducer on my photos each time I return from my vacation. To me it is simple, fast & fun to use.

ProShow Gold 2.5 seems to have bug dealing with network drives.. eg. If your photos are in another computer... and you wanna network to it.. using LAN (100mbps).. ProShow Gold crawls to a ridiculous speed. I think it's a bug

Most new DVD players will show jpeg slideshows from normal CD-R's with jpeg files burned in simple data format. You can set up as many directories as you like. No special software required. Deepburner (freeware) or Nero (not free) will handle it just fine.

Yes... the modern day DVD players can read jpegs directly, but it doesnt deliver the desired impact, since you have no control over how fast the photo displays, or transitions or timing with the audio (if audio is supported at all).

Typically, browsing through photos this way with a dvd player is very painful, and rarely people will view photos this way.

I think there are two different objectives:

a. If u r talking about archiving your pictures, then most CDR/DVD burning software should do just fine. If u own a laptop, you can even simply connect it to the TV and view the pictures. However, I agree with sinlg that this is painful if u meant to show all your pictures with whoever cares to view them.

b. If u meant to create a video show, then in my case I use Ulead DVD Picture Show. I've used it for quite a while now and I find the quality when viewed on TV to be very good. Of course, u should select the pictures and put in music/songs as well. The programme is very easy to use.