Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luxasia contest submission

Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    put some ketchup or any red liquid and its perfect! nice shot copperbird.
    A bit “violent”.

If you want to do this to a bottle of Issey Miyake, save the contents first :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSeah
    A bit “violent”.

If you want to do this to a bottle of Issey Miyake, save the contents first :-)
    Hi,

dont understand 'save the contents first'.............

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    Hi,

dont understand 'save the contents first'.............
    If you drive a nail through the bottle of perfume ... you ain't gonna get anothing left (the content). Probably that's what he meant.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    If you drive a nail through the bottle of perfume ... you ain't gonna get anothing left (the content). Probably that's what he meant.
    i think what he meant is save the perfume.

Hello Nightpiper,

For your Trinity shot, I agree with the earlier poster than the edge effects & the bokeh of the two background 'bottles' distract from the foreground 'primary' bottle. I noticed that all letterings except that worded "Obsession" are blurred. If there's this emphasis on the brand, perhaps you could rotate the bottle so that the 'Obsession' word comes into full view.

The overall object placement seems to emphasis on symmetry & balance; if so, take a little time to crop to ensure that distances from the pics edge to the two background bottles are equal, I get the feeling that's it's a little 'right justified' :-)

The 2nd pics of a 'Lauren' beating heart is interesting. Once more the edge effects of areas that are out of focus appears distracting. I would hope to see a hint detail / texture revealed in the shadows of base & the cap. Perhaps may be due to my display setup.

These are my comments & I hope you'll find them useful. That in no way detract from the fact that the perspective & lighting are interesting to start with and with that all the best in your submission :-)

Cheers,

I didn't make it to the final.

I didn't set up and shoot for this competition. I just digged up two old files to email. I didn't place much hope except to join in the fun leh. Thought it would be a tough call to compete against the seasoned professionals

This is one of them. The other one I've forgoten which one I've sent.

Good to see some familiar names in the finalists. I'm so happy for you guys!

Good luck and have fun!

Lightbulb

i thought your shot above has some merits. don't know why not selected?

what seasoned professionals are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i thought your shot above has some merits. don't know why not selected?

what seasoned professionals are you referring to?
    Thanks, reachme2003.

Hahaha......I think I've said in "the what's wrong with my photo?" thread that
    there is nothing wrong with our photos but there is something wrong with the judges
    Hehehe......Only joking lah. I only spent less than 5 minutes to pick whatever photos sitting on my computer to email. I am not complaining leh.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th February 2005 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hello Nightpiper,

For your Trinity shot, I agree with the earlier poster than the edge effects & the bokeh of the two background 'bottles' distract from the foreground 'primary' bottle. I noticed that all letterings except that worded "Obsession" are blurred. If there's this emphasis on the brand, perhaps you could rotate the bottle so that the 'Obsession' word comes into full view.

The overall object placement seems to emphasis on symmetry & balance; if so, take a little time to crop to ensure that distances from the pics edge to the two background bottles are equal, I get the feeling that's it's a little 'right justified' :-)

The 2nd pics of a 'Lauren' beating heart is interesting. Once more the edge effects of areas that are out of focus appears distracting. I would hope to see a hint detail / texture revealed in the shadows of base & the cap. Perhaps may be due to my display setup.

These are my comments & I hope you'll find them useful. That in no way detract from the fact that the perspective & lighting are interesting to start with and with that all the best in your submission :-)

Cheers,

thx for the pointers chancy!! i wanted to let 'obsession' comes to full view but the lettering on the other side of the cylinder is too distracting. so not choice but to rotate it to one side to have a clear reading instead of fighting attention with the back lettering. will do better in the finals. thx again!!

no more pics to see???????

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Thanks, reachme2003.

Hahaha......I think I've said in "the what's wrong with my photo?" thread that
    Hehehe......Only joking lah. I only spent less than 5 minutes to pick whatever photos sitting on my computer to email. I am not complaining leh.
    You should have sent the first pic of your pepper and salt series, that one looks good, simple yet strong......

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    You should have sent the first pic of your pepper and salt series, that one looks good, simple yet strong......

HS
    Thans HS.

5 minutes don't allow me to look that far leh

I was in the thick of Golden Eggs and Golden Coins projects. Didn't want to get distracted.
    Last edited by Sion; 23rd February 2005 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Thans HS.

5 minutes don't allow me to look that far leh

I was in the thick of Golden Eggs and Golden Coins projects. Didn't want to get distracted.
    Sion,

I like your photos in the Golden Eggs and Golden Coins project. What's the purpose of the project? Those in the cage are my fav

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Sion,

I like your photos in the Golden Eggs and Golden Coins project. What's the purpose of the project? Those in the cage are my fav
    Thanks renegade.

You've seen the Golden Eggs but I haven't posted the Golden Coins.

They are for speculative editorial illustrations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12