Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Luxasia contest submission

  1. #1

    Default Luxasia contest submission

    hi guys, like to share my 2 shots i submitted for the recent Luxasia photo contest. please put yours in as well (finalist or not).

    any comments & flames r most welcome.








    wish me luck in the final round & good luck to all finalists!!

  2. #2

    Default

    I like the 2nd pic, very nice indeed. Good luck

  3. #3

    Default

    I would have preferred a little more DOF. I dont really like the bokeh either, but thats not your fault. Good luck though
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

  4. #4

    Default

    how to post, i always got problem leh....

  5. #5

    Default

    place your pics on a site that offers 'hot linking'. just copy the hot link command from the hosting site & paste it in your post. click quote on my first link to take a look. www.photobucket.com is one of those host with hot linking features that allows image display by other sites.

    looking forward to seeing your pics.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    place your pics on a site that offers 'hot linking'. just copy the hot link command from the hosting site & paste it in your post. click quote on my first link to take a look. www.photobucket.com is one of those host with hot linking features that allows image display by other sites.

    looking forward to seeing your pics.
    i email u, u help me post ok??? hotlinking not allow by my site

  7. #7

    Default my entry photo

    [IMG][/IMG]

    dont know can see or not?

  8. #8

    Default

    Hi Copperbird,

    Yes, we can see your pierced coke bottle. Very creative!

  9. #9

    Default

    so, thats the violent theme Jing Wen mentioned about. nice pic!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Hi Nightpiper,

    Nice meeting you! Your first pic is excellent.

    The left side (2nd pic) on the bottle's shoulder and cap area has a little blue and yellow tinge. Not sure what that is, but without it could be better.

    Lastly you can enhance your pic further in photoshop thru saturation, contrast & leveling.

    btw, thanks for sharing those additional info from Jingwen.
    Last edited by Mocha; 18th February 2005 at 10:50 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    those colour tint is meant to create a sense of depth. looks like i have failed.

    nice meeting u too!! so where r your pics?

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Hope you don't mind me sharing this thread. I am sure I'm one of those who submitted some 'dark' kind of photo

    Here are my entries. Comments welcomed too.




  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    those colour tint is meant to create a sense of depth. looks like i have failed.

    nice meeting u too!! so where r your pics?
    Oh I see,... I don't think u failed, I guess it's just a preference issue afterall.

    My pic's at home, got to go back and dig it out.


    renegade, your pics are just as great! I think we are definitely not short of creative talent.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    i like the 2nd pix but im not sure if the blurr is due to camera shake or what.. nice pix anyway!
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Hope you don't mind me sharing this thread. I am sure I'm one of those who submitted some 'dark' kind of photo
    Here are my entries. Comments welcomed too.
    I like it renegade.. very creative esp the first pix!
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  16. #16

    Default

    thx for those feedback. the blur on the 2nd pic is caused by stray lights reflecting off from the bottle shoulder. cudn't get rid of it, i think the light is too big & bottle too small, only 3cm tall.

    renegade pics r good. thx for sharing any ideas yet for the final round?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    [IMG][/IMG]

    dont know can see or not?
    put some ketchup or any red liquid and its perfect! nice shot copperbird.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    renegade pics r good. thx for sharing any ideas yet for the final round?
    Thanks. For the final round, gotta wait till weekend. Either this or the next. Damn busy and tired with work, brain cells all in coma.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    put some ketchup or any red liquid and its perfect! nice shot copperbird.
    Thk you thk you, this shot took me an hour, and i dont like to mess up alot, thus never put red liquid as blood........

  20. #20

    Lightbulb

    this is one of my submission. shot with a 55mm micro with jammed aperture at f2.8. sorry can't post my pix as i am outside. link provided.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=114423

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •