Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

  1. #1

    Default Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike


    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Postproduction
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    showing split second of moment on street
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    late morning.
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
    I would like to ask opinion if conversion to Black and White would suit this image more than this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,536

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Nice photo you have all the elements to makeup a interesting picture with three person watching. It will be better to take picture to show the front face of the old man for example move forward three steps and three steps to the right.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    I love this photo!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPine View Post
    Nice photo you have all the elements to makeup a interesting picture with three person watching. It will be better to take picture to show the front face of the old man for example move forward three steps and three steps to the right.
    Move here or there is totally irrelevant. This is a snap shot, TS is lucky enough to capture all those elements in a frame.

    Post production is good.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Move here or there is totally irrelevant. This is a snap shot, TS is lucky enough to capture all those elements in a frame.

    Post production is good.
    Yeah..there's this HDR feel..

  6. #6
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,536

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Your current post production is nice, like the color tone.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  7. #7
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    I like the composition here, it is simple enough, yet all the other guys around add value to the framing in a sense it creates a sense of interest as they were all looking on with interest.

    I do agree also that it is not relevant to shift yourself in this case. I would also snap first and crop if necessary. Rather than to move to get a better framing, but missing the moment because of the movement, I would snap and process later.

    Furthermore, I do like how TS presented this with a side view instead of a diagonal side view. In this case, the main catch is the light-hearted stunt and the keen interest of the observant passerby. Although the old man's candid expression may add interest to the overall picture, I feel that it also boils down to, at the split second, what does TS want to capture, i.e. whether it is the stunt or the expression. In my mind, I would capture the stunt first as it is so-called more "rare" than a facial expression.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    I like the composition here, it is simple enough, yet all the other guys around add value to the framing in a sense it creates a sense of interest as they were all looking on with interest.

    I do agree also that it is not relevant to shift yourself in this case. I would also snap first and crop if necessary. Rather than to move to get a better framing, but missing the moment because of the movement, I would snap and process later.

    Furthermore, I do like how TS presented this with a side view instead of a diagonal side view. In this case, the main catch is the light-hearted stunt and the keen interest of the observant passerby. Although the old man's candid expression may add interest to the overall picture, I feel that it also boils down to, at the split second, what does TS want to capture, i.e. whether it is the stunt or the expression. In my mind, I would capture the stunt first as it is so-called more "rare" than a facial expression.
    hi nitewalk really thanks for the feedback. ya i want to show the stunt of course. its a rare moment. got no time to think of position so i just squad down and 3.7 fps shoot.haha

  9. #9
    Member eggie87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seletar Hills Estate, Singapor
    Posts
    642

    Default

    I would crop out the back portion ...gets abit distracting as the space there is big ..eyes tend to get drawn to emptier spaces to find more things. I would rather position abit a meter ahead of his head so there more room n less claustrophobic..but after all its a snap shot..not easy...gd job ey

  10. #10
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    It's quite a perfect shot for me, no changes needed.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Move here or there is totally irrelevant. This is a snap shot, TS is lucky enough to capture all those elements in a frame.

    Post production is good.
    Exactly, this is a catch shot, telling TS should stand here or move there is totally irrelevant and rear sight talking.

    This is a good photo with a bad processing decision. All those yellowish and HDRish look have no longevity. Black and white will be timeless. Go BW.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  12. #12
    Member XavierShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Aussie
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Awesome pic man! i love the bangala
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

  13. #13
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XavierShoot
    Awesome pic man! i love the bangala
    He may not be a Bangladeshi and it is not nice, even if it is common, to refer to a dark skinned man by that.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Exactly, this is a catch shot, telling TS should stand here or move there is totally irrelevant and rear sight talking.

    This is a good photo with a bad processing decision. All those yellowish and HDRish look have no longevity. Black and white will be timeless. Go BW.
    thanks for yr advice. ill keep a BW too.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    thank you Xavier, cichlid, eggie

  16. #16
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Very nice shot. I would prefer it in B&W or full color though.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Very nice shot. I would prefer it in B&W or full color though.
    thanks for telling me yr perference Bert!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    MacPherson
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Street Photograph: Uncle doing stunt with his bike

    Good, with Canon EOS 550D you did a good job.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •