Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: why still dslr

Deregistered

Default Re: why still dslr

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Which is why having an OVF paired with liveview when needed is the best of both worlds, especially when you have a LCD hood in your kiy bag.
    LCD hood, my goodness. To block the glare of the sun? I reckon that would make the camera looked weird, wouldn't it? Just like a lady with an umbrella? LOL

Most important considerations why dslr still is used:
    1) dslr has full frame sensor - Only leica range finders has full frame currently and 5 times the price. Price has to go down below $3000 to catch on, otherwise whats the point?
    2) autofocus speed - af is a lot faster on dslr. while sports and events can be done on mirrorless, its just so much easier on a dslr

I believe we're at least 3 -5 years behind where mirrorless can catch up to dslr in terms of autofocus. Doubt that any brand would want to bring out full frame mirrorless at this point yet. Itl'll canabalise on their dslr sales. Most likely brands to be the first with full frame mirrorless would be either fuji or sony.

Quote Originally Posted by shioks76 View Post
    Most important considerations why dslr still is used:
    1) dslr has full frame sensor - Only leica range finders has full frame currently and 5 times the price. Price has to go down below $3000 to catch on, otherwise whats the point?
    2) autofocus speed - af is a lot faster on dslr. while sports and events can be done on mirrorless, its just so much easier on a dslr

I believe we're at least 3 -5 years behind where mirrorless can catch up to dslr in terms of autofocus. Doubt that any brand would want to bring out full frame mirrorless at this point yet. Itl'll canabalise on their dslr sales. Most likely brands to be the first with full frame mirrorless would be either fuji or sony.
    Sony RX1.

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj

Sony RX1.
    Still uses cdaf, which, though it's really quick, still cannot meet the speed, accuracy and tracking capability of pdaf systems in dslr/dslt
    Alpha

I have to agree with spree86. Most of the time I can see how the final image will look like so I only check the pic reviews about once in 10 shots actually.

Not it's not call pro. It's call knowing your camera, understanding the lighting situation (and WB) and experience. You need to shoot more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BTBFM2 View Post
    LCD hood, my goodness. To block the glare of the sun? I reckon that would make the camera looked weird, wouldn't it? Just like a lady with an umbrella? LOL
    You only put it to the LCD when you want to see the LCD properly, don't tell me you stick your eye to the LCD all the time?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj View Post
    Sony RX1.
    cost 2.6k USD, more expensive than the D600 or 6D...

You only put it to the LCD when you want to see the LCD properly, don't tell me you stick your eye to the LCD all the time?

Might as well just use the EVF. That contraption is just a workaround because OVF cameras can't use the OVF for video and have to use the rear LCD screen
    Alpha

cost 2.6k USD, more expensive than the D600 or 6D...
    Comes with a AF Zeiss 35/2 lens which can cost over 1k USD.

but as to all first gen electronics, I'll wait for product to mature before considering.

hmmmm i just realised. i also have oil spots, but its only my D300S. irritating initially, even brought it down to NSC, they suggest for a cleaning next time, when i send it for 'major' servicing in future. nonetheless, i got use to it, as long as it doesnt affect the IQ. period.
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

Might as well just use the EVF. That contraption is just a workaround because OVF cameras can't use the OVF for video and have to use the rear LCD screen
    Actually for folks who shoot on the go, the loupe is a great tool. Only when you set up for some shots that will benefit from liveview. Most other 99% of the time OVF will suffice

why not? technology not there yet? are we paying much more just for the OVF? How close is existing EVF to OVF? what are the main advantage of OVF over EVF as of now?
    Do not care .I am fine as long as I can use it

I am using one anyway and enjoying the wysiwyg previewing in evf before picture taken. Never possible in ovf.
    Okay that is great

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I believe the A99 uses the highest resolution EVF now. Go try it and see if you think it can match OVF. Nothing beats seeing it for yourself.
    It's the same than in the A77, X-E1, NEX-7 and FDA-EV1S.

OVF makes us more 'connected' to the camera n lens...agree?

if manufacturer can make a hybrid of OVF n EVF (providing all the detail info) within one screen, it will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    OVF makes us more 'connected' to the camera n lens...agree?

if manufacturer can make a hybrid of OVF n EVF (providing all the detail info) within one screen, it will be great!
    Only for some people, others want an EVF to see the scenery as the sensor does and not just as the lens does.

Most important fact is that rx1 is not an interchangeable lens camera

thought the reflex portion is meant mainly for film?

with advanced sensor as that used in D800, why the hell do we still need the lens reflex system. see directly from sensor lah, since it is said that sensor is so good, world best etc etc. should be able to provide good VF view right?
    Er, I don't even follow your logic here.

If you want to eat apple, just eat the apple.

There is no need to discuss with 8000 people on the net who seem to want to eat orange. Unless you are not sure you want to eat apple? Then in that case, asking people really doesn't help. You just irritate them when you say "why eat orange? eat apple la!"

This seems more like a personal soap box for TS, with loud hailer and ear muffs to boot.

OVF/EVF?
    The answer is personal and pretty clear once one has tried out and used both for enough time to gauge what he/she can accept/prefer.

(I can live with either pretty well actually)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast