Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One & only session for this girl - S's outdoor shoot 27 Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    I can't reveal how much goes to the model, but I must say it takes a fair bit out of the total.
    You have my full support!
    It's a fact that organising such shoots is not easy .... but we must take care of all the models too so that more new models will be willing to come into this field and we photogs will get the respect from them too.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Petf69
    I fully support Virgo.

Organising shoots are certainly not easy. The amount of time and efforts to ensure the shoot goes smoothly is inmeasureable. Nowadays breaking-even is already a blessing.
    Thank you for your support bro. Yah, not easy, especially we have to be transparent, ensure that models and makeup artists are up to standard, arrange everything swee swee, if outdoor, still got to pray to 'ti gong' please don't rain, not too sunny, lighting must be good, etc, and yet the profit is just enough to keep us going, not to mention about loss or break-even sometimes.

If not for you guys support, I would have 'resigned' long ago!
    Last edited by Virgo; 21st February 2005 at 05:46 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by darrelchia
    I agree with virgo ... as i told him the first time i met him during an organised shoot ...

'Pai tan arr' (translates to: very hard to earn) ... After paying the model and the makeup artist, as well as covering our expenses (transport, logistics) we usually find that there is not much profit to be made. The amount of time we put into organising such shoots opposed to the profits ... well, lets just say i can better spend the time elsewhere.

I guess one of the reasons why such shoots are organised, are more to benefit our models and makeup artists then to reap a handsome profit, as somehow (for me at least), i feel indebted to them for the TFPs they have done for me, and i wanted to do something for them in return.

anyway, my 2 cents larr. Sorry for the OT
    Cheers
    Darrel
    Yes Darrel. I've always remembered your kind words during that eventful shoot at Fort Canning Park! Thank you very much indeed.

If not for the thought of doing something meaningful for fellow CSers, and meeting up with them to make more friends, I'd have given up long ago. Yah, and not forgetting doing something for the models and makeup artists too. If talking about profit, I would say just forget it lah. Not worth the effort. But when we talk about dollars and cents, it's always that sensitive. Sigh...

And hey, this is definitely not OT. Really appreciate your supporting comments!

I'm not sure about other organisers, but I'm sure you, Petf69, AhV, and kirk all have the same feeling.

Just a highlight: for those who are going for free TFPs, this gallery is definitely not the right one. You should be visiting Photoshoots and Outings Gallery - Casual/free photoshoots and photo outings. This one is Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots - Sign up for paid workshops & shoots. No hard feelings hoh.
    Last edited by Virgo; 21st February 2005 at 05:28 PM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    You have my full support!
    It's a fact that organising such shoots is not easy .... but we must take care of all the models too so that more new models will be willing to come into this field and we photogs will get the respect from them too.
    Thank you so much for the kind understanding Canonised. Hope this will not affect the interest of fellow CSers in joining my shoots, as well as other organisers'.

So back on track. Join! Join! Join!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Wah Wah Wah! What's the big issue here!? this is not the first model shoot that need to pay. so why all the talk here?
    but virgo, if you want more to sign up, got to load some nicer photos lah. her face a bit overmake up like 'wayang'.

Quote Originally Posted by Christwings
    Wah Wah Wah! What's the big issue here!? this is not the first model shoot that need to pay. so why all the talk here?
    but virgo, if you want more to sign up, got to load some nicer photos lah. her face a bit overmake up like 'wayang'.
    Thanx for your comments Christwings. I'll take note of that in my future shoots. Maybe her makeup is a little too much. Join, so that you'll have the say to control your shots!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Special thanks to Christwings for starting the ball rolling for S's shoot. Keep them coming!

1. Christwings (pls PM me your email address)

I'll email the necessary when I get enough participants.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Virgo,

Probably cannot join as I have way too many shoots done in thelast couple of months to be processed. However, you have my support. Next shoot, I will join. An organiser organised a shoot and charged a fee, if you think it is a value, pay and join, if you think it is too much, then don't. To those that questioned Virgo's intent, if he keeps the fees or how much he pays the model and the makeup aritst, and what are all the costs involved, it's really none of your business. Your contract is between yourself and the organiser. if the organiser managed to convince the model to do it TFP or even free, I tip my hat to the organiser's negotiation skills.

Nothing is free in this world. $55 is money, to some, it's a negligable amount, to others it's a meaningful amount, but for a few hours of shooting, I believe it is resonable. So, what's the fuss all about???
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Thank you for your invaluable support Deadpoet. Very much appreciated!

No problem about this shoot, you go process those nice pics you've taken before and share with us here lah, and I look forward to seeing you in my future shoots.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Upzzz. Ladies and Gentlemen, join the shoot before it's too late. PM me if interested.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by k220
    Are you one of the interested photographers or just asking for fun? You seem to be out of topic here all the time, Didnt see Virgo offering the model for free TFP at all, But I was misleaded when I read your(xmen2003) posting.

Don sabo Virgo anymore lah,
    Why not you organise a free TFP shoot for some of the CSes here to give a kick start of your new idea?
    I think you are too defensive. I did not say Virgo is offering TFP. I am just offering a suggestion and Virgo has explained his stand already. Pls do not create trouble here.

Upz for you, Virgo.

Quote Originally Posted by xmen2003
    I think you are too defensive. I did not say Virgo is offering TFP. I am just offering a suggestion and Virgo has explained his stand already. Pls do not create trouble here.

Upz for you, Virgo.
    Thanx xmen2003.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions and input to allow me to better organise such shoots, and spur me on. Let the OT discussion stop here, and join join join!

So far:
    1. Christwings (pls PM me your email address)

Is this what CSers can offer? I need more participants to get going with the shoot! S is definitely one model you won't wanna miss. I guarantee that if you miss this chance, all of you will regret.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

i also want! can confirm by saturday morning?
    can i check. will model sign model release form?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tagore
    i also want! can confirm by saturday morning?
    can i check. will model sign model release form?
    cheers
    Thank you for your interest Tagore. I hope to be able to get as many interested photogs as possible by this Thurs.

There will not be any model release forms to be signed.

Do let me know if it's OK with you.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by xmen2003

Upz for you, Virgo.
    Oh~ I am not creating any trouble for Virgo and he knows that for sure. So I suggested that you can start the ball rolling for your suggestion instead, relax xmen2003, Y so worry?

Upz. PM me if you're interested.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Upzzz for virgo

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    Upzzz for virgo
    Thanx much for the Upzzz Splutter. But hoh, response not so good leh...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Mine also, too many ppl doing it liao
    At least yours is 1 day after mine, got slightly more time to look for ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    Mine also, too many ppl doing it liao
    At least yours is 1 day after mine, got slightly more time to look for ppl
    Don't think it makes a diff bro. If got interest, slots will be taken up early.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast