View Poll Results: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

55 40.44%
  • Yes - Within 100 shots

26 19.12%
  • Yes - Within 200 shots

6 4.41%
  • Yes - Within 400 shots

13 9.56%
  • Yes - Not sure when

36 26.47%
Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Default Re: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Abuse a bit more on the shutter, then send in for FOC change and service my lenses too. Hehe.

OK latest update. My D600 went in to NSC 3 times altogether for sensor cleaning. Last time got the shutter mechanism changed. Its been about 1000 shots since and I've got 4 dust spots now back again. Maybe one more round of sensor cleaning will do it. Otherwise am perfectly happy with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by bullterrier View Post
    OK latest update. My D600 went in to NSC 3 times altogether for sensor cleaning. Last time got the shutter mechanism changed. Its been about 1000 shots since and I've got 4 dust spots now back again. Maybe one more round of sensor cleaning will do it. Otherwise am perfectly happy with the camera.
    My D4 has more than 4

Anybody got a shot of their sensor and how the dust is clinging together on the sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by bullterrier
    4 spots doesn't such like a lot for 1,000 shots. Dust appears regularly anyway. Have you determined if it is simply dust that can be blown away via simple maintenance or if they are the stubborn oil stains that plagued the D600 in earlier discussions?
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

shutter changed, another 1000+ shots, about 5 spots, same place again... top left

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie
    shutter changed, another 1000+ shots, about 5 spots, same place again... top left
    Ahh, this is important..so it means shutter change doesnt solve it.

Ordered a D600 body only for myself from Amazon Japan yesterday, it should arrive tomorrow. I hope it won't be too dusty...

Quote Originally Posted by ageha
    Ordered a D600 body only for myself from Amazon Japan yesterday, it should arrive tomorrow. I hope it won't be too dusty...
    Haha. So you finally decided to go for the D600. Do tell us if the oil stains still appears yeah!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

After shutter change i noticed one faint spot on the upper right corner again after shooting a couple of hundred shots.

Looks like the shutter change doesn't really solve the oil spot issue.

But I reckon the oil spotting has to go away at a certain point since there is only so much extra oil in the mechanisms.

I'm not too concerned from this point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow

Haha. So you finally decided to go for the D600. Do tell us if the oil stains still appears yeah!
    If it does I will (unfortunately the Japanese serial numbers aren't the same than in Singapore) and it will go back straight to Amazon for a full refund.
    Last edited by ageha; 31st March 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    If it does I will (unfortunately the Japanese serial numbers aren't the same than in Singapore) and it will go back straight to Amazon for a full refund.
    But would be less shipping to & frow ? No ?

my guess is he wants the full refund option
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Quote Originally Posted by miyata

But would be less shipping to & frow ? No ?
    I'm not really sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ijnek
    my guess is he wants the full refund option
    Indeed. Just came home and the box arrived already. I hope it isn't too dirty. :P
    Last edited by ageha; 1st April 2013 at 05:07 PM.

I'm not really sure what you mean.

Indeed. Just came home and the box arrived already. I hope it isn't too dirty. :P
    anxious to know if a Jap set has the same dust problems as our local sets - do keep us posted, tks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Teo
    anxious to know if a Jap set has the same dust problems as our local sets - do keep us posted, tks.
    Btw today I tried the D600 display set from the Nikon Direct outlet in Gotemba and as far as I could tell the sensor was amazingly clean. Maybe they got a special edition for display only. Well, I hope not.
    Last edited by ageha; 1st April 2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Teo
    So far no specs after about 50 clicks, I just pixel peeped into some longer exposure shots of a white subject on a notebook. Tomorrow I will have more time. Fingers crossed!!!
    Last edited by ageha; 5th April 2013 at 09:09 PM.

may i ask if the issue has been settled with the later batches of d600? or does the issue still persist?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFields
    may i ask if the issue has been settled with the later batches of d600? or does the issue still persist?
    Only Nikon knows.

Only Nikon knows.
    Its better than they Dont Know also....

Quote Originally Posted by N-user

Its better than they Dont Know also....
    I'm confident they do. They just might never tell us. :P
    Last edited by ageha; 1st April 2013 at 10:10 PM.