View Poll Results: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

55 40.44%
  • Yes - Within 100 shots

26 19.12%
  • Yes - Within 200 shots

6 4.41%
  • Yes - Within 400 shots

13 9.56%
  • Yes - Not sure when

36 26.47%
Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

LOLLL SO TRUE!

its like u meet a Damn hot, pretty girl. u know ur never gonna get her. U know shes got many rich guys chasing her. but u just gotta go try get her no even tho u know its a losig battle lol
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    LOLLL SO TRUE!

its like u meet a Damn hot, pretty girl. u know ur never gonna get her. U know shes got many rich guys chasing her. but u just gotta go try get her no even tho u know its a losig battle lol
    Cannot like that say mah..... You never try how you know you will sure lose???? Must try no matter what mah..... LOLLLLLLLLL.....
    Last edited by silence; 1st February 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    My Flickr | Nikon D800 | Nikon irD50 | Olympus OM-D E-M5 |

Default Re: D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Singapore market is too small. So less voice or no voice. After all, they can rebut that they never forced you to buy their camera.

Hey guys, there is a lighter side to the D600 residue problem, even after all the complains. Read in it in dpreview for yourself in the link below, especially when one of the guys posted a photo of his 'white' dog.

Superglue fix for D600?: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

The dust is generated from inside the camera and when there are a lot of dust, one will have hard times taking out the super glued lens for cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Struxure
    The dust is generated from inside the camera and when there are a lot of dust, one will have hard times taking out the super glued lens for cleaning.
    Some people still don't get it. The lubricant and dust on the sensor are an inbuilt and the first ever constantly evolving art filter the D600 is shipping with. There is nothing to clean, it's meant to be there and it's an engineering masterpiece.
    Last edited by ageha; 3rd February 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Some people still don't get it. The lubricant and dust on the sensor are an inbuilt and the first ever constantly evolving art filter the D600 is shipping with. There is nothing to clean, it's meant to be there and it's an engendering masterpiece.
    Maybe you meant endearing masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

Maybe you meant endearing masterpiece.
    The damn spell correction, lol...

I just bought a Nikon D600 a few days ago. I will be away to spend my holidays abroad and will be back on the 18th Feb 2013. I will test and find out is this the issue that so much talk about? Keep our finger cross. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by siryargee View Post
    Is that funny? I think it's rather sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chen View Post
    I just bought a Nikon D600 a few days ago. I will be away to spend my holidays abroad and will be back on the 18th Feb 2013. I will test and find out is this the issue that so much talk about? Keep our finger cross. Cheers
    Congrats! No spots so far?

Quote Originally Posted by hisashi View Post
    Seems very bad, now i am thinking whether to postpone upgrade my d90 to d600 or not.
    Same problem here. But I can wait because my D90 still working fine.

Nothing wrong with waiting, nothing wrong with upgrading. For me, keeping D600 instead of D800, so when the real keeper of an upgrade comes along, lose less money

Has the oil spot issue been resolved on the recent stock?
    α300, 18-250mm, 35mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by robertgl View Post
    Has the oil spot issue been resolved on the recent stock?
    Nope. Neither has the D800's AF issue.

Such expensive camera got so many problem. Maybe i will stick to D7000, or buy D300s(or even D90) used. At least it is so much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Kwok View Post
    Such expensive camera got so many problem. Maybe i will stick to D7000, or buy D300s(or even D90) used. At least it is so much cheaper.
    Well if both the dust/oil and AF issue bugs you, then you'll have to re-consider your options. If you want the latest FX camera, then it has to be D600 and D800 which both has it's own issues. Even the D4 have a little bit of AF issues.

Alternatively, you can consider a used D3/D700 which has identical performance; if you need resolution or studio, landscape and large print, you have the D3X; if you need high FPS and high ISO performance, you have the D3S. It doesn't necessary have to be D600 and D800 though.

i bought D600 recently, so far SC is less than 800. i just did a check on the sensor, yes there are dust, not sure about the oil. But my own observation, this problem seems quite similar to D7000 which i owned moving to D600. but i dont think is more serious than D7000. majority of the dust spots are near to top part of images. Rocket blower only managed to blow away those black spots, not so much on the grey spots.

My D600 wasn't too bad. After a few thousand shots, most can be blown except 2 spots, which I suspect may be grease or stickier dusts.

is the spots visible on the pictures?
    D7100|17-50 F2.8|50mm|SB 700|OM-D EM-5| 14mm F2.5 | 25mm F1.4
    http://facebook.com/mackiefoto