Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing Airline - TIme Interval Advice

Default Re: Changing Airline - TIme Interval Advice

A layman on this.

I have a common sense observation.

It is NOT what the budget airlines or what the full service airlines dictate.

Maybe it is all under the control of the particular airport and what they insist must be done under that country's laws. Immigration counters are not manned by any airline staff. They are manned by the country's uniformed immigration/police personnel.

If the airport concerned wants to purposely inconvenience budget airline passengers, then it is their choice.

Now we know why KLIA is #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

Nope. You're staying in the international terminal. There is zero sense in exiting the terminal only to re-enter the terminal. Unless they have some retarded limitations no other airport in the world does.
    Is it? Then how are we able to take our luggages from Air Asia then transfer and check in to Cebu pacific? That process will require going through the immigration... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by harnamsc

You mean your check-in luggage? That can't be, I've travelled to UK and Vancouver on connecting flights before and each time my luggage was automatically transferred to the next flight for me.
    That if you are using same airline... Like my trip to tokyo and korea... No need to get my checked in luggages... But my situation now is different airline to transit....

Quote Originally Posted by denzelwng4 View Post
    That if you are using same airline... Like my trip to tokyo and korea... No need to get my checked in luggages... But my situation now is different airline to transit....
    they do this automatically if you're flying on the same alliance i.e. SIA and Lufthansa are part of Star Alliance.
    if not then it can be tricky i.e. my previous trip to US, arrived in LAX via SIA and had to transit to a dreaded US domestic flight. Had to manually move my luggage from international terminal to local terminal (quite a distance). Good thing had a 4-hr buffer.

LAX is a point of entry airport for the USA. So have to do the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by denzelwng4 View Post
    Is it? Then how are we able to take our luggages from Air Asia then transfer and check in to Cebu pacific? That process will require going through the immigration... Right?
    Not sure why you are taking this very circulous route, when Cebu Pacific flies into Singapore. What you are doing is making it more complicated for yourself and to many what if's.

I have had experiences where I thought I had allowed enough time for in between flights, only to find the incoming flight for my first leg has been delayed and then that has the domino effect.

Good Luck with your trip....
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno

Not sure why you are taking this very circulous route, when Cebu Pacific flies into Singapore. What you are doing is making it more complicated for yourself and to many what if's.

I have had experiences where I thought I had allowed enough time for in between flights, only to find the incoming flight for my first leg has been delayed and then that has the domino effect.

Good Luck with your trip....
    Just to save cost, thru this i saved almost 50% of the entire trip... Thanx bro... Hope everything will turn up well...

Thanx for all the replies and thanx also for sharing your experiences... appreciate it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12