shutter 1/8
    apeture priority
    EV -0.7

Originally posted by MaGixShOe

F-8.0
    shutter 1/8
    apeture priority
    EV -0.7
    the ground is overexposed ... should have meter the ground using spot metering ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Originally posted by megaweb

the ground is overexposed ... should have meter the ground using spot metering ...
    roger that
    meter the ground only or plus the background?

Hi,

I didn't think that might have been the best option either. The background is already in deep shadow and if the cliff and the trees to the left are the main subject, correctly exposing for the ground would have made them even darker, losing more details in the process.

Some suggestions here, which might not be the best option are...
    To leave out the pavement from the photo and concentrate on the background... To wait until the sun provides a more even lighting across the the road and the cliffs... Or to use a graduated neutral density filter to reduce the brightness on the lower right portion... These are just some suggestions and there are probably many more ways around the problem...

KS

Originally posted by megaweb

Originally posted by kssim
    Hi,

I didn't think that might have been the best option either. The background is already in deep shadow and if the cliff and the trees to the left are the main subject, correctly exposing for the ground would have made them even darker, losing more details in the process.

Some suggestions here, which might not be the best option are...
    To leave out the pavement from the photo and concentrate on the background... To wait until the sun provides a more even lighting across the the road and the cliffs... Or to use a graduated neutral density filter to reduce the brightness on the lower right portion... These are just some suggestions and there are probably many more ways around the problem...

KS

my 1st shot didnt include the pavement
    and anyway i did use a ND x4 for my shot. it was at afternoon sun

Hi,

Sorry, I was speaking with regards to the comments on the 2nd photo..

As for the 1st photo, perhaps an additional 1/2 - 1 stop might help in bringing out more details on the cliffs. It looks slightly underexposed on my screen here. Then again, light from the afternoon (I suppose you mean sometime around mid-day) sun is often flat and uninteresting. A better time would often be the early morning and late evening. Well, a good attempt nevertheless...

KS

my 1st shot didnt include the pavement
    and anyway i did use a ND x4 for my shot. it was at afternoon sun

u mean upz the EV by 1 stop?
    okie i will try it with early or late sun light angle

BTW, any interesting thing to shoot at Bukit Batok Nature park?

argh..look familiar...i drive and drive around this place for years when i was learning to drive
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by scanner

BTW, any interesting thing to shoot at Bukit Batok Nature park?
    scenery, insects lor
    better than BG la but too far from my place liao

Hi,

The exposure compensation depends pretty much on what is the current lighting condition and there is really no magic figure as to how much to compensate...

In general if you are shooting negative, the photo looks nicer when slightly overexposed than if it's underexposed. On the contrary when shooting slides, the photo generally looks nicer when it's slightly underexposed than when it's overexposed.

KS

Originally posted by kssim
    Hi,

The exposure compensation depends pretty much on what is the current lighting condition and there is really no magic figure as to how much to compensate...

In general if you are shooting negative, the photo looks nicer when slightly overexposed than if it's underexposed. On the contrary when shooting slides, the photo generally looks nicer when it's slightly underexposed than when it's overexposed.

KS

hi there,
    i am shooting in digital