Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 318232627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: D600, D800 prices

Default Re: D600, D800 prices

Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    If you wait too long by then the D7100 will have released, you'll be overwhelmed by this new camera. And may have forgotten about the D600.
    Unless you really want a FF so badly & just waiting for the price to drop. The price of D600 will surely drop further...
    Bought a 2nd D600 on Sunday, first D600 kena 'stolen' by wifey. Suddenly just went MIA from cabinet together with the 24-120VR. Sigh...hope nothing else goes missing soon.

D600 will drop in price, just as D4, D3S and D2XS and ...

If you are not in a hurry to buy, you can wait. If you want it, just buy. If you're worried on 600S coming out, then just buy the D600 replacement. You won't lose out anyway.

D2X -> D4
    D3S -> D4S
    D700 -> D900
    D600 -> D500 (? Assumption here)

Just buy which ever you need down the road. Upgrades always comes, need, just buy. No need, is okay to wait. However, no guarantee the new replacement or upgrade comes with specs you might like (or NOT like).

Maybe D600S comes with higher buffer but no dual SD? Maybe only 1 XQD and 1 SD? Etc. I waited too long myself, when D4 was announced, I didn't grab a D3S fast enough, so no choice, have to get a D4. Now I'm non the wiser, next time D6 announced, I'll faster grab a D5(S).

Patience is good but opportunities don't drop by twice.

Just saw the prices for d7100. The street price is hilariously high. 1.2k usd becomes almost 1.9 sgd. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by hawthorne907 View Post
    Just saw the prices for d7100. The street price is hilariously high. 1.2k usd becomes almost 1.9 sgd. Hmm.
    where u saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by GReddyZC76 View Post
    hi all, for sharing of the D600/D800 prices.
    (*to be update soon, as other quotes come in )
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxXh...it?usp=sharing
    HI Bro,
    your list very detailed...why not update into the nikon price list?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/price...-2012-a-2.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...95Y1E6MQ#gid=0

You have to also note the stock source.

US is from Nikon USA, while SG is mainly from Nikon HK, where Nikon HK takes it from Nikon Japan.

As such, $1.9k SGD launch street price doesn't surprise me at all, if you did see the JP prices I saw and posted earlier.

Major JP retail stores like Bic Camera/Yodobashi is about $1850 plus minus. Their other cheapest street prices are about $16XX.

I actual fact, SG launch prices follow closely with Bic/Yodobashi. I've noticed this trend for quite a while, since 5D3's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    You have to also note the stock source.

US is from Nikon USA, while SG is mainly from Nikon HK, where Nikon HK takes it from Nikon Japan.

As such, $1.9k SGD launch street price doesn't surprise me at all, if you did see the JP prices I saw and posted earlier.

Major JP retail stores like Bic Camera/Yodobashi is about $1850 plus minus. Their other cheapest street prices are about $16XX.

I actual fact, SG launch prices follow closely with Bic/Yodobashi. I've noticed this trend for quite a while, since 5D3's launch.
    You need to factor in inventory and shipping costs + mark up + warranty.

Shipping from HK to SG = tax + logistics

Nikon SG ships to retailers = mark up (below RRP) + warranty costs

Retailers = further mark up for profit (max is RRP).

Exchanging so many hands, it will sure be bloated up in costs.

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    You need to factor in inventory and shipping costs + mark up + warranty.

Shipping from HK to SG = tax + logistics

Nikon SG ships to retailers = mark up (below RRP) + warranty costs

Retailers = further mark up for profit (max is RRP).

Exchanging so many hands, it will sure be bloated up in costs.
    yup, but I assumed it's pretty obvious stuff so I just mention the stock source only

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    yup, but I assumed it's pretty obvious stuff so I just mention the stock source only
    Sometimes need to spell it out, else people will assume the cost mentioned only to be the cost, without the extras hehe.

hi sir. i was looking but couldnt find, so i compiled my own list.
    hope to benefit fellow CS-ians.
    update with new quotes;

nonetheless i update the price for d600, shag..

Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
    HI Bro,
    your list very detailed...why not update into the nikon price list?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/price...-2012-a-2.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...95Y1E6MQ#gid=0
    Last edited by GReddyZC76; 19th March 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

Indeed. I guess that extra step does result in quite a substantial increase. Just got to wait till price drops to a more palatable level to consider it then. Thanks

Indeed. I guess that extra step does result in quite a substantial increase. Just got to wait till price drops to a more palatable level to consider it then. Thanks
    That's the wise thing to do. Unless one badly needed the camera, let the price stabilize first. Aside from high price, sometimes unforseen problems are on the first batches of camera.

To wait or not to wait; in the end fate cannot be cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by GReddyZC76
    hi sir. i was looking but couldnt find, so i compiled my own list.
    hope to benefit fellow CS-ians.
    update with new quotes;

nonetheless i update the price for d600, shag..
    Hi bro,
    On behalf of other csers. I thank you.
    It's better to keep in one source so that fellow csers can benefit. I usually update there as I am too lazy to keep track myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lightyear2011 View Post
    That's the wise thing to do. Unless one badly needed the camera, let the price stabilize first. Aside from high price, sometimes unforseen problems are on the first batches of camera.
    Usually new cameras always have new "problems"... for D600 oil/spot issue, happended to D7000 as well, D5100 SD Card some cannot read/hang etc.

Wait for awhile if can so the manufatcurer can fix in later batches. Sometimes is not wise to be a "early adopter"

Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    Usually new cameras always have new "problems"... for D600 oil/spot issue, happended to D7000 as well, D5100 SD Card some cannot read/hang etc.

Wait for awhile if can so the manufatcurer can fix in later batches. Sometimes is not wise to be a "early adopter"
    D4, first time I plugged in the battery, the camera hung on me. That's the saddest part. Thereafter firmware updates 4 times.

So far both my D600s, haven't given me much problems. And no firmware updates yet. Kind of miss the days where the D100 and D70 didn't require software fixes and works perfectly out of the box.

D4, first time I plugged in the battery, the camera hung on me. That's the saddest part. Thereafter firmware updates 4 times.

So far both my D600s, haven't given me much problems. And no firmware updates yet. Kind of miss the days where the D100 and D70 didn't require software fixes and works perfectly out of the box.
    Hi to all,

Been reading on the forum and am really thinking of selling my D7000 for the D600. Any kindly soul willing to direct me to the "most" reliable and cheapest place to get. In addition, also advise me on how to tell/ check if the (camera) set have the oil / spot problem...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATR76ers View Post
    Hi to all,

Been reading on the forum and am really thinking of selling my D7000 for the D600. Any kindly soul willing to direct me to the "most" reliable and cheapest place to get. In addition, also advise me on how to tell/ check if the (camera) set have the oil / spot problem...

thanks
    Reliable, will be TK Foto, at least they've been around for 31 years, like Cathay Photos. Won't be the cheapest, but at least they won't carrot you.

As for oil/spot problem, you need a bit of prolonged usage before inspecting the image to tell. One-two shots won't show anything.

Reliable, will be TK Foto, at least they've been around for 31 years, like Cathay Photos. Won't be the cheapest, but at least they won't carrot you.

As for oil/spot problem, you need a bit of prolonged usage before inspecting the image to tell. One-two shots won't show anything.
    Untrue regarding the 2nd pt. Out of box can already see dust spots, checking using standard method.

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Untrue regarding the 2nd pt. Out of box can already see dust spots, checking using standard method.
    Hi...Can you descript your standard checking method...wish to learn from you....

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Dust spots sure exists, my reply was in context of the 'well known' issue level of severity. Even cleaning sensor at Nikon always leaves me with a few spots.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 318232627282930 ... LastLast