Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 647

Thread: D600, D800 prices

  1. #241

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    And I'm sure they won't tell the truth

    Have been puzzling the hell out of me especially for Nikon DSLR lens, because it's international warranty. Technically, no local or grey differentiation..
    Maybe they sell the warranties separately?

  2. #242

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    And I'm sure they won't tell the truth

    Have been puzzling the hell out of me especially for Nikon DSLR lens, because it's international warranty. Technically, no local or grey differentiation..
    Removing the warranty card, frees Nikon (insert the country here) from warranty claims. Indirectly, they rebate the shop for returning the warranty cards. That's why shops can sell cheaper (not all shops can do this in SG for export, the last I know/remembered was Lucky Plaza's "Lords" which has since been renamed).

    So for exporters overseas, they export without warranty assuming $800 cheaper, include shipping/GST, reaches SG, probably overhead at $300. Shops can still earn that $100-300 from you.

    Not forgetting, the shop you purchase from may not be the official retailer for Nikon, BUT, with the warranty card & THEIR receipts, you can claim for warranty accordingly.

    A good example is J316. They are not on Nikon's official retailer list nor Canon's, but their receipts coupled with the warranty cards, still are valid.

    So to prevent this, the extracted warranty cards with the serial numbers are taken out of the box when selling as GREY sets.

    As long as the set comes with warranty card, any official receipt from a local store, you can claim warranty. Shops do sell internally to shops. Some shops do not hit the minimum required quantity intake to become official retailers, so they purchase and liaise with the official retailers to take stock.

    Eg: Shop A orders 50 sets (eg: as required by Nikon), sells 10 sets to Shop B, C, D. Shop A only needs to clear 20 sets which shouldn't be a problem. Win win for all.

    That's why when buying grey sets overseas, it's not just cheaper, you have to ensure it's cheaper than the grey sets marketed in SG to be really of good deal.

    Eg: D4 was going at $9,800, HK was going at SGD$8000 for grey. Savings $1,800, this is called savings.

  3. #243

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Removing the warranty card, frees Nikon (insert the country here) from warranty claims. Indirectly, they rebate the shop for returning the warranty cards. That's why shops can sell cheaper (not all shops can do this in SG for export, the last I know/remembered was Lucky Plaza's "Lords" which has since been renamed).

    So for exporters overseas, they export without warranty assuming $800 cheaper, include shipping/GST, reaches SG, probably overhead at $300. Shops can still earn that $100-300 from you.

    Not forgetting, the shop you purchase from may not be the official retailer for Nikon, BUT, with the warranty card & THEIR receipts, you can claim for warranty accordingly.

    A good example is J316. They are not on Nikon's official retailer list nor Canon's, but their receipts coupled with the warranty cards, still are valid.

    So to prevent this, the extracted warranty cards with the serial numbers are taken out of the box when selling as GREY sets.

    As long as the set comes with warranty card, any official receipt from a local store, you can claim warranty. Shops do sell internally to shops. Some shops do not hit the minimum required quantity intake to become official retailers, so they purchase and liaise with the official retailers to take stock.

    Eg: Shop A orders 50 sets (eg: as required by Nikon), sells 10 sets to Shop B, C, D. Shop A only needs to clear 20 sets which shouldn't be a problem. Win win for all.

    That's why when buying grey sets overseas, it's not just cheaper, you have to ensure it's cheaper than the grey sets marketed in SG to be really of good deal.

    Eg: D4 was going at $9,800, HK was going at SGD$8000 for grey. Savings $1,800, this is called savings.
    That's a good insight. Didn't know that retailers can return warranty cards in exchange for a better cost price from Nikon

  4. #244

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    That's a good insight. Didn't know that retailers can return warranty cards in exchange for a better cost price from Nikon
    Like I said, not all, and not sure if this is still in practice. I only saw it a long long time ago. Previously it was Max Photo @ Centerpoint. Maybe times have changed or new policies.

    If returning warranty cards does not lessen the costs, then no point for the shops to do so. Warranty is definitely factored into the lens pricings. So it would make sense to rebate the item if there's no warranty.

  5. #245
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Eg: D4 was going at $9,800, HK was going at SGD$8000 for grey. Savings $1,800, this is called savings.
    I think you are outdated nowadays.

    D4 grey in HK is going for much much much lesser....

  6. #246

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I think you are outdated nowadays.

    D4 grey in HK is going for much much much lesser....
    I know that's why I used "was" in my illustrations.

    Now supply has stabled, it would have definitely gone down. In May 12 however, $8K was a very tempting offer as the savings was up to $1.8K as opposed to local.

  7. #247
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    I know that's why I used "was" in my illustrations.

    Now supply has stabled, it would have definitely gone down. In May 12 however, $8K was a very tempting offer as the savings was up to $1.8K as opposed to local.
    yea.. and gone down by quite a bit too... which is why it is so funny to see some people trying to sell their used D4 for 8.8. LOL

    Problem is grey sets in HK are also a little hard to come by, because within a day or two, they will all be snapped up by traders who will bring them into China to sell at much higher prices for a good profit.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 19th December 2012 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #248

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    yea.. and gone down by quite a bit too... which is why it is so funny to see some people trying to sell their used D4 for 8.8. LOL

    Problem is grey sets in HK are also a little hard to come by, because within a day or two, they will all be snapped up by traders who will bring them into China to sell at much higher prices for a good profit.
    Well it's a dog eat dog world out there. I have seen 8.8K D4s like you in buy/sell. Good luck selling them off. New is like 8.9K now.

    HK I guess you need connections to get the grey sets I've never tried. My friend was in HK and excitedly asked if I'd like it at 8K.

    Some nice friends I actually have... Too nice.

  9. #249
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    think CSers must go and do their homework before committing a purchase.

    D4's price has dropped quite a bit since the hazy days of S$9k+.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #250
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Well it's a dog eat dog world out there. I have seen 8.8K D4s like you in buy/sell. Good luck selling them off. New is like 8.9K now.

    HK I guess you need connections to get the grey sets I've never tried. My friend was in HK and excitedly asked if I'd like it at 8K.

    Some nice friends I actually have... Too nice.
    You don't need connections to get grey set in HK. Even for local HK warranty sets it only cost around 6.5-6.6k SGD in HK. Grey sets are a couple hundreds cheaper. And I thought brand new Singapore local D4 is below 8k nowadays?

    And I am not too sure about your friends in HK, since I don't know them... but 8k is a little high...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 19th December 2012 at 06:53 PM.

  11. #251
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

    You don't need connections to get grey set in HK. Even for local HK warranty sets it only cost around 6.5-6.6k SGD in HK. Grey sets are a couple hundreds cheaper. And I thought brand new Singapore local D4 is below 8k nowadays?
    The last time I checked abt 2 months ago was around S$7500. Official Singapore set.

  12. #252

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You don't need connections to get grey set in HK. Even for local HK warranty sets it only cost around 6.5-6.6k SGD in HK. Grey sets are a couple hundreds cheaper. And I thought brand new Singapore local D4 is below 8k nowadays?

    And I am not too sure about your friends in HK, since I don't know them... but 8k is a little high...
    Like I said, never really tried. I was in a hurry to get the set, and I just bought it. For those who only got it now, they 'earned' in a way.

  13. #253

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    The last time I checked abt 2 months ago was around S$7500. Official Singapore set.

    Dirt cheap. Can buy.

  14. #254

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You don't need connections to get grey set in HK. Even for local HK warranty sets it only cost around 6.5-6.6k SGD in HK. Grey sets are a couple hundreds cheaper. And I thought brand new Singapore local D4 is below 8k nowadays?

    And I am not too sure about your friends in HK, since I don't know them... but 8k is a little high...
    I know which one you're talking about. Had a damn good laugh at the 8.8k price tag

  15. #255
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    the B/S for Nikon products have quite a few 'entertaining' threads whereby the asking price is overly hilarious.

    regardless, CSers who want to purchase them should do their homework as a brand new item could be around the same or even, gasp, cheaper!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #256

    Default

    Here is the new normal for the latest Nikon FX cameras:


    Nikon D600 - S$2,499
    Nikon D800 - S$3,649
    Nikon D800E - S$4,019
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  17. #257

  18. #258

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by donnyeo81 View Post
    Body only?
    Yes.

    Hope D600 drops to $2K by CNY.

  19. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post

    Yes.

    Hope D600 drops to $2K by CNY.
    that will really be Gong Xi Fa Cai.....

  20. #260

    Default Re: D600, D800 prices

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    that will really be Gong Xi Fa Cai.....
    Everybody's entitled to a little dream sometimes

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •