Thread: making coffee table album for nude photography

Default making coffee table album for nude photography

Hi,

I would like to find out from photographers here who do nude photography. If your client ask for coffee table album, do you send to a special vendor or any of those "regular" vendor sych as Gloryworkz?

My concern is for privacy issue. Becoz on the contract it's stated the photos will not be made public.

Thanks for your professional input.

warmly,
    Ah Sam

Default Re: making coffee table album for nude photography

Quote Originally Posted by ahsamhui View Post
    Hi,

I would like to find out from photographers here who do nude photography. If your client ask for coffee table album, do you send to a special vendor or any of those "regular" vendor sych as Gloryworkz?

My concern is for privacy issue. Becoz on the contract it's stated the photos will not be made public.

Thanks for your professional input.

warmly,
    Ah Sam
    Album maker should have the right ethics in dealing with your images. I am sure Gloryworkz won't publish anything that their client ask to do the album, but check with them on their policy.

If they ask for coffee table album, then they know it has to be done by someone else. If they are worried about this, just ask them to have the images on CD and taking off the grid all together.

If nude images are done artistically I don't see any reason why it is keep such a hush hush... or treating it like a taboo.

Regards,

Hart

How many books are you talking about. Solo or low number of coffee table book can be printed in "privacy". But it will be even better if its album, one can definitely make prints in private and compile an album.

You are looking for a photographer who will shoot nudity and has the ability to print and bind a coffee table photobook in a private enviroment. Yes can be done.

Cola
    MyPhotographer

Just get a new printer that does duplex and do your own creative binding, all can be done in your own private space.

First of all if your clients are celebrities, politicians, royalty, etc, forget about it, the only safe way is to DIY.

Otherwise send it to the vendors in the western world. They are more used to seeing boudoir and nude art and won't go eyes popping out at your client's nipples. Use a vendor of well repute with a reputation to lose, that has good privacy policies.

Thank you for your inputs. My client are ordinary people.

I think DIY will be the best approach.

Thank you again.

Interesting, what size are your client looking? I know there are some machine that provide "pocket size" album , 4R per page. you can DIY yourself in it