Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which laptop have the best display???

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Can't wait so long leh... This friday is my 1st day to 'start' my FYP, den handing up on april... might just get a Sony in this case... saw at harvey just now, the looks of Vaios just killed the rest off... dunno y... maybe i am still a sony fanboy...
    Guess u haven't learn your lesson the last episode.

If your main usage is photo editing, get a desktop with CRT. If mobility is an issue, go for the new range of Powerbooks with new features (don't confuse them with powermacs). Compared to ibooks, the PBs would have more processing power. Price also more quite lot more.

G4 powerbook 17" is the best! I'm a apple supporter
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

Just to point out a few things that are not so good about the pbooks:
    HEAT!!! At full power, ie intensive photoshop with a movie playing in the background, the bottom gets so hot u can probably fry an egg. Aluminium casings do not help this, it dispitates the heat but at the expense of your LAP so you will definitely need some sort of cooling pad.
    Built. The pbook unfortunately is not the most well built of laptops. My 15" has got a major dent on the side because something hit it and the main body is not straight cos it got bent when i carried it from a corner. Hard to explain, but the long and short of it is that aluminium is a soft metal and it bends quite easily. Lots of other defects. The plus side, i'll let apple do the promoting.
    That said, i love my pbook. It doesn't crash and the batt life is superb even when i'm doing graphics and video processing.

Me also a pb user, the 15' 1.25gHz one. Guess aluminium is chosen for a balance between light weight, aesthetics, heat dissipation.Seriously speaking, if all you need is simple photo editing and yet you gian mobility, a pb 12' or 15' will do the job.

As I am a mac fan, I believe the new pbs will be the last revision or at least the second last revision before the G5 pb is announced at the mid or end of this year.

pb is pricey, but heh, if it is not the looks of it that stands out from all other laptops, then why are you considering it? Guess there is a price to pay when it comes to appearance.

Lastly, I agree that the mac os is solid. Crashing is unheard of. Most good photo editing software comes in mac version too. And to complement it all, which photo organizing/archiving PC software is better than iPhoto in Mac to show off your photos... using a sexy beast... I would dare say none, cos I tried many.

My adivise is consider your needs, get the appropriate laptop and understand its limits. This will ensure you enjoy your new toy to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    If your main usage is photo editing, get a desktop with CRT. If mobility is an issue, go for the new range of Powerbooks with new features (don't confuse them with powermacs). Compared to ibooks, the PBs would have more processing power. Price also more quite lot more.
    Actually my main usage for the laptop is for doing my FYP... heheh.. and most likely to use the new Konica Minolta Dimage Transfer software... (unfortunately it only have the jap version now & only for windows... i thought jappys love macs?)

i already have a 19" LCD Desktop able to fulfil my editing needs in my office... just need another screen there to view the pictures while i take... but its quite a waste for such use if i pay 3-4k for it... cos most of the time i won't be touching the lappy, most of the time either i on the production area, or infront of the 19" desktop as in now...

i may just need a 12" - 15" lappy, since i am more for portability than power.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Del...my advise is buy the laptop to suit your needs. btw, i have a PCG-V505MP, 12.1" Sony laptop available, but it is currently reserved for viewing nx week. Would you be interested? It's one year old, 2 mths. 2K
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by zerofour
    G4 powerbook 17" is the best! I'm a apple supporter
    I would say its not mobile that all man. 15" is already a killer to take around with its weight, what more a 17". Back ache that the end of the day already liao loh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123