shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    2 days and no response from TS

as expected .... CKLPS .....

thread closed
    ah its open. what is cklps btw?

Default Re: Standard of workshops provided :(

i will not comment on the aesthetics aspect of the images illustrated above, for everyone is entitled to their set of definitions, but on the technical side only, as the workshop was meant to teach just that.

taking the brandy bottle and forks for example, as the others are technically acceptable.

brandy bottle- the reflection of the key light on the bottle, doubt any client would accept this, especially when its smack on the label.

forks- the blown areas, easily enough solved issued thats not addressed.

if clubsnap is a community of English language lovers and i spotted a tuition centre, that sought to teach spelling, with an advert thats filled with spelling mistakes, should i not share with my breathens even if i didn't partake in the class?

anyway, i was told to offer an apology to the workshop owner, this i do.
    sorry for pointing them out.
    didn't know it is your ad till your post.
    met you several years back when i bought a metz leg.

one question to ed919, isn't vulgarity disallowed on this forum?
    took google to actually enlighten me on the meaning of CKLPS.

just to clarify, preferred to let it rest and eat humble pie after the initial negative feedbacks, till i was called CKLPS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yvanehtnioj View Post
    i will not comment on the aesthetics aspect of the images illustrated above, for everyone is entitled to their set of definitions, but on the technical side only, as the workshop was meant to teach just that.

taking the brandy bottle and forks for example, as the others are technically acceptable.

brandy bottle- the reflection of the key light on the bottle, doubt any client would accept this, especially when its smack on the label.

forks- the blown areas, easily enough solved issued thats not addressed.

if clubsnap is a community of English language lovers and i spotted a tuition centre, that sought to teach spelling, with an advert thats filled with spelling mistakes, should i not share with my breathens even if i didn't partake in the class?

anyway, i was told to offer an apology to the workshop owner, this i do.
    sorry for pointing them out.
    didn't know it is your ad till your post.
    met you several years back when i bought a metz leg.

one question to ed919, isn't vulgarity disallowed on this forum?
    took google to actually enlighten me on the meaning of CKLPS.

you are assuming that what he is doing, is what you think it should be done.

its like saying, if he was trying to invent a new word, you penalise him saying its not in the dictionary and guessing he made a spelling error. doesn't cut it for me. i don't see a problem with it. it is still subjective here.

again, as i said, what the workshop person can teach you, is how to operate the equipments to get certain looks. how you want your shot to look later, is your own problem, your own artistic vision.

i can teach you grammar rules and a few techniques and perhaps a few words. but i can't teach you how to write your story. your story, is yours. the narrative, content, how you intend it to look like, belongs to you. not the teacher. same with any workshop.

lower down your expectations. how do you know you won't learn anything from the workshop at all? perhaps you are too judgemental here.

again, i can't help but raise this. new account with only 3 post count, and you sound like you have another account here before (u even know unker ben). why not put your reputation on the line also (using your old account) and comment? i still find it unfair to the workshop owner. damage already done to him leh. and we don't even know who are you.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 6th October 2012 at 07:20 PM.

just to clarify, preferred to let it rest and eat humble pie after the initial negative feedbacks, till i was called CKLPS.
    Erm... so because someone said something you didn't like, you feel that you should not let it rest? I'm afraid I do not see that logic because you sir, DID fire the first salvo in a manner which, quite frankly, was totally uncalled for.

As I always say, don't break other people's rice bowl. Yes maybe the shots were not up to YOUR standard but as many have already mentioned, a course teaches you how to operate the equipment, the concepts behind each equipment and its usage. It does not automatically make you a good craftsman. That is done through practise, practise and more practise.

This is a course on How to use hotshoe flash to achieve certain results. It's not a course on advertising photography where you learn what clients may or may not like/accept.

I strongly believe in learning to learn. That's what each course does for you. It teaches you to learn.

I seriously find it very disturbing that you can know various old timers and keep mentioning how you have interacted with them, but your words currently just reeks of arrogance.

I am not an expert or an old-timer, certainly nowhere near many of the experts here. But seriously, even if you were one of those experts, I have absolutely no respect for you and the way you have conducted yourself so far. I hope to be proven wrong, however.
    Last edited by G-man; 6th October 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries

what i said translated means "Talking without Responsibility" and yes, I believe you have spoken irresponsibly in your initial post

dont worry, I have been called this myself too whenever I shoot my mouth off and unintentionally hurt people .... it just means "watch what you say"

thread closed again
    Last edited by ed9119; 7th October 2012 at 01:08 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123