Thread: Help: Paypal account question.

Default Help: Paypal account question.

Hi,

Anyone here has a Paypal account?

I have an account with Paypal and have some money (credit balance) with them. Recently I started a HSBC account hoping I can withdraw the money out. But after a few days, Paypal wrote me an email indicating that my request was denied by HSBC (wrong account info).

Paypal requested an Institution code from my bank, but HSBC do not know whats an institution code. Another alternative is a Routing number, and again HSBC say they do not have a routing number.

Anyone here has actually transfered their balances to their singapore account before and what bank do you use? Or any banking officer here care to enlighten on institution codes and routing numbers?

Thanks.

Generally with paypal you nee the BSB numbers which is a two part number, one for the instution and another for the branch number. As your bank for it and they will give it to you.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Thanks. I will call up HSBS on Monday to ask for the BSB number (if they know). Paypay requires only 4 digits entry. Does the BSB comes in 4 digits?

Ian, if you have already withdrawn money from your Paypal account to a singapore bank account, are you able to let me know which bank/branch and also the BSB number, I rather start a new account with that bank.

The reason is because each time, I make a mistake, Paypal charge me US$20 for a rejected transaction. I rather try another bank that you have use before.

Read this before you even consider using paypal:

http://www.suepaypal.org/
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/
    http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Heed my or their advice...

Thanks for your advice. That's the reason why I want to withdraw all my money out from my account.

Originally posted by Xenon
    Thanks for your advice. That's the reason why I want to withdraw all my money out from my account.
    As far as I know or heard of, paypal users are never safe maintaining an account with them even if you withdrawn all your money into your bank account.

According to their terms and conditions, paypal do have the right to freeze our paypal account or make a chargeback against our credit cards (whether or not we are still a member of paypal!!!) for any null or void reasons they can think of.

Once you have problems with paypal, it will remain a problem!

Originally posted by Xenon
    Thanks. I will call up HSBS on Monday to ask for the BSB number (if they know). Paypay requires only 4 digits entry. Does the BSB comes in 4 digits?

Ian, if you have already withdrawn money from your Paypal account to a singapore bank account, are you able to let me know which bank/branch and also the BSB number, I rather start a new account with that bank.

The reason is because each time, I make a mistake, Paypal charge me US$20 for a rejected transaction. I rather try another bank that you have use before.
    The BSB comprises two series of numbers, the Bank Identifier and then the Branch Identifier This is an international system of numbering used by banks for transfering funds and has been around for years.

As for Singapore and I .. no never used it as I live in Australia but have one of my accounts linked both ways to Paypal and it works fine.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!