Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marine Cres
    Posts
    146

    Default Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    I recently purchased my 7D and have a lot of SDs from my previous 60D. Not to throw all these cards to waste, i am looking to buy the SD to CF adapter.

    Is this available in our market? i combed Sim Lim area and no one selling it. Even from market place is a totally no-no.

    What's the price like and where to get it?

    Thanks peeps.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SF/London/Spore
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    Sony Shops .Sony is only maker since days of 1st Alpha A100. Very pricy though bout $50 . collectors item. Bought 1 in July 12. Saw similar one in CS and think also in Sg Camera bought 35 - 40

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SF/London/Spore
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    Sony is best as can use both ways including the Sony proprietary cards! 3rd partys cannot thus cheaper ! sony price was bout $100-120 when advaillable

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marine Cres
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    Hi duke8448, thanks for your reply. Can i use this with 7D? sorry for this lame question.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    I saw on Amazon they selling at lowest USD10 + shipping but i dont know seems that some have a max capacity that they allow which is 32Gb

  6. #6

    Default

    I thought of getting but I have my doubts whether my transfer speed will get slowed down significantly using another "medium" ie adapter.

    anyone can advise? if lossless then makes sense.

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    For those interested, you can read up on this older thread.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon...pter-d700.html

    It seems performance takes a hit. And most of these adapters are Type II (thicker), and most cameras cannot take Type II CF cards, so be sure to check your camera's compatibility before making the jump. Further down in the abovementioned thread, you will be able to see one of the ways to mod the adapter card to fit a Type I slot. But do note that not all adapter cards are made the same way.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    For those interested, you can read up on this older thread.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon...pter-d700.html

    It seems performance takes a hit. And most of these adapters are Type II (thicker), and most cameras cannot take Type II CF cards, so be sure to check your camera's compatibility before making the jump. Further down in the abovementioned thread, you will be able to see one of the ways to mod the adapter card to fit a Type I slot. But do note that not all adapter cards are made the same way.
    thanks for sharing. personally I would rather just sell the sd cards and get the cf card.

  9. #9
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    thanks for sharing. personally I would rather just sell the sd cards and get the cf card.
    This gets my vote. I always preferred CF cards: more sturdy than these little SD thingies. Adapters are a fine source for trouble whenever possible..
    EOS

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    I prefer the SD cards though. When I was using the CF card last time, was always worried I might accidentally bent the pins if I inserted the CF card at a slight angle.

  11. #11
    Member bigturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nurbisa
    I recently purchased my 7D and have a lot of SDs from my previous 60D. Not to throw all these cards to waste, i am looking to buy the SD to CF adapter.

    Is this available in our market? i combed Sim Lim area and no one selling it. Even from market place is a totally no-no.

    What's the price like and where to get it?

    Thanks peeps.
    You can get a sd to cf adapter from sgcamerastore..cost 30+

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marine Cres
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Help...Does anyone know where to get SD-HC-XC to CF Adapter in Singapore?

    Hi bigturbo, ordered from B&H and received it within a week. Thanks for your info too as i can order from this sgcamerastore as well.

    Cheers!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •