View Poll Results: What brand of tripod do you use?

Voters
1646. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gitzo

    228 13.85%
  • Manfrotto

    625 37.97%
  • Slik

    433 26.31%
  • Velbon

    76 4.62%
  • Benbo

    71 4.31%
  • Mamiya

    13 0.79%
  • Others, please specify.

    200 12.15%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 564

Thread: What brand of tripod do you use?

  1. #261

    Default Re: What brand of tripod do you use?

    slik 88M paired with 2100AF head

  2. #262

    Default

    Originally posted by TME


    Yes yes!! 3-way......that was a typo!!! Paiseh...30-way.....hahaha.by the time finish tuning, the sun set liaoz.....
    haha.. i oso dunno how to tune something that has 30 degrees of freedom!

    think the max should be 6 DOF oni rite? haha..

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Originally posted by Linkster


    haha.. i oso dunno how to tune something that has 30 degrees of freedom!

    think the max should be 6 DOF oni rite? haha..
    Errr, yupe! For macroscopic considerations, 3 degrees of translational and 3 degrees of rotational.

  4. #264
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Is a Manfrotto 329 head too heavy for a Manfrotto 190pro tripod?
    Or would a Manfrotto 055pro tripod be a better choice?

  5. #265

    Default

    055 is much heavier than 190Pro. then u will get a heavy tripod plus heavy head.

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by markccm
    Is a Manfrotto 329 head too heavy for a Manfrotto 190pro tripod?
    Or would a Manfrotto 055pro tripod be a better choice?
    Both tripod should be ok for the head...

    Get the tripod in according to your height, max load and budget.

  7. #267
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Originally posted by binbeto
    Both tripod should be ok for the head...

    Get the tripod in according to your height, max load and budget.
    Ok. But the 329 head really feel a little too heavy 4 the 190pro.

    The 055pro is taller in height & sturdier too, but heavier leh.

    My height 1.77m, so a 190pro + 329 head + camera, the view finder above my line of sight liao.

    Still thinking of the 055pro...
    Cannot decide....

  8. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by markccm
    Ok. But the 329 head really feel a little too heavy 4 the 190pro.

    The 055pro is taller in height & sturdier too, but heavier leh.

    My height 1.77m, so a 190pro + 329 head + camera, the view finder above my line of sight liao.

    Still thinking of the 055pro...
    Cannot decide....
    Should be ok.. Remeber your camera+len weight is much more than the head. If the combine weight dun exceed the max load or very near to it.. THink should be not problem.

    Anyway, it is good pratise to take the camera off the tripod when you are not shooting and to loop the strap over your neck when it is on the tipod. You never know when someone or yourself will trip over it.

  9. #269
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Originally posted by binbeto
    Should be ok.. Remeber your camera+len weight is much more than the head. If the combine weight dun exceed the max load or very near to it.. THink should be not problem.

    Anyway, it is good pratise to take the camera off the tripod when you are not shooting and to loop the strap over your neck when it is on the tipod. You never know when someone or yourself will trip over it.
    Ic. Thanks.

  10. #270

    Default

    I've got the Manfrotto 190pro tripod with the RC141 standard head. Was looking at this SILK ballhead that CP was trying to sell me. going on about the little adjustment nob to the side which allowed slight adjustments....Anyone have one of these..any problems?

  11. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Slik Able300DX

  12. #272

    Default

    Slik 88M

  13. #273
    SouL81
    Guests

    Default

    think slik 8000 is quite okie.... sld be able to get it at 35 second hand

  14. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Originally posted by ninelives
    wood tripod is the best ! but they spoilt easily, i don't think you can buy it in Singapore, dunno about UK ??
    anthony's collection at peninsula sells them

  15. #275

    Default

    Velbon? You mean wobblebon?

  16. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Thumbs up

    Originally posted by reno77
    Slik 88M
    Hey! I had that tripod for a good many years and I LOVED it. Unfortunately one of the leg locks cracked and I couldn't get a replacement for it (not economically wise). Couldn't even find a new tripod. That certainly was great versatility at a great price.

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    Hey! I had that tripod for a good many years and I LOVED it. Unfortunately one of the leg locks cracked and I couldn't get a replacement for it (not economically wise). Couldn't even find a new tripod. That certainly was great versatility at a great price.

    What's that camera in your avatar? Just curious... thanks!

  18. #278
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Khatib - Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Slik 88M
    Me too, whenever I have my Big sized brother to help me lugg it around, otherwise it is the SLIK500G.

  19. #279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowTang
    I've got the Manfrotto 190pro tripod with the RC141 standard head. Was looking at this SILK ballhead that CP was trying to sell me. going on about the little adjustment nob to the side which allowed slight adjustments....Anyone have one of these..any problems?
    Slik BallHead 800? It's pretty good for its price. I don't have it though
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  20. #280

    Default

    Slik sprint pro gm ...very light and compact...

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •