Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Prime lens for 650D

  1. #1

    Default Prime lens for 650D

    Anyone kindly recommend prime lens for 650d. Budget hopefully not exceeding 500.

    50mm 1.8 - $150
    40mm 2.8 STM - $250
    50mm 1.4 - $650

    Above are the one I found so far please feel free to recommend 3rd party ones

  2. #2
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,943
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    if you're new to the hobby, I sugest get a Canon 50/1.8 to play around with first .... a 2nd hand one goes for between $85 to $110 on average

    At this price point it makes no sense to get a 3rd party similar spec'ed focal length
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  3. #3

    Default

    I won't bother with the f/1.8. I would go for the Sigma 50mm f/1.4, failing which the Canon 50mm f/1.4.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  4. #4
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    if you're new to the hobby, I sugest get a Canon 50/1.8 to play around with first .... a 2nd hand one goes for between $85 to $110 on average

    At this price point it makes no sense to get a 3rd party similar spec'ed focal length
    Agree with Ed. I was using the 50mm for awhile till the 40mm was launched. Ever since then, 40mm is with me as my walk about lens, even on film body. Love the colors on the STM. I'm not into Bokeh...so personal preference. If you are into Bokeh, then either the sigma or canon 50 f/1.4. Can Consider the Sigma 30 as well.
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  5. #5

    Default

    50 f1.2 dun need to have budget. just bbb

  6. #6

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    50 f1.2 dun need to have budget. just bbb
    you just mentioned that which we should not mention

  7. #7

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    Still got 35 f2.0 to consider if you want closer to 50mm on FF.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    50 mm f 1 . 8 gets you most bang for buck . more than decent image quality despite inexpensive build quality . magic of prime lenses
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  9. #9

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    Quote Originally Posted by GFOne View Post
    Anyone kindly recommend prime lens for 650d. Budget hopefully not exceeding 500.

    50mm 1.8 - $150
    40mm 2.8 STM - $250
    50mm 1.4 - $650

    Above are the one I found so far please feel free to recommend 3rd party ones

    i have used all three, and i'd say the 40mm f2.8 and the 50mm f1.4 are both good lenses. While i use the 40mm more often now, i still keep my 50mm instead of selling it.

    different occasion calls for a different lens

  10. #10

    Default Re: Prime lens for 650D

    I will recommend Sigma 30mm f1.4. Performs well in low light, beautiful bokeh, versatile. What more can you ask for.
    D200

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •