Thread: Royal Mail

Default Royal Mail

I've a parcel sent from the UK using Royal Mail. Tracking from their website says that the item has reached the destination country (Your item, posted on 18/09/12 with reference RJXXXXXXXXGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SINGAPORE. ) 2 days ago.

Anyone knows if this will be passed to Singpost or Speedpost for delivery? Tracking on both their websites shows no record.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    I've a parcel sent from the UK using Royal Mail. Tracking from their website says that the item has reached the destination country (Your item, posted on 18/09/12 with reference RJXXXXXXXXGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in SINGAPORE. ) 2 days ago.

Anyone knows if this will be passed to Singpost or Speedpost for delivery? Tracking on both their websites shows no record.

Thanks
    If EMS it goes via Speedpost. If regular registered airmail, it's Singpost. Assuming your parcel tracking number begins with RR then check under Singpost website. If it begins with EE or something else then check Speedpost.

But Speedpost/Singpost website update isn't the fastest around.

Since yours is RJ then I am guessing it's under Singpost but call to check anyway.

Default Re: Royal Mail

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    If EMS it goes via Speedpost. If regular registered airmail, it's Singpost. Assuming your parcel tracking number begins with RR then check under Singpost website. If it begins with EE or something else then check Speedpost.

But Speedpost/Singpost website update isn't the fastest around.

Since yours is RJ then I am guessing it's under Singpost but call to check anyway.
    Thanks.

Guess I'll have to try call them in a day or two. The last time I called for a parcel status, they told me that if it ain't indicated in the tracking (Singpost) ... I'll just have to wait.

Thanks.

Guess I'll have to try call them in a day or two. The last time I called for a parcel status, they told me that if it ain't indicated in the tracking (Singpost) ... I'll just have to wait.
    ndroo, that's damn annoying and something that Singpost has often done to avoid responsibility. Assuming the status on Royal Mail's website shows that it is ALREADY in SG, point that out to Singpost and tell them to step up their game. Or alternatively ask to speak to a manager. That usually works.

Post is getting unreliable from Europe. Good luck
    Received a postcard post-marked 4 Sep 2012 St Peterburg Russia... Received in my mailbox yesterday 25 Sep 2012.
    The Sender who was on holiday had returned to SG 2 weeks back

A Xmas card was sent from UK a week before Xmas 2011; received in box 3 days before Lunar New Year 2012... end up with triple greetings
    Xmas greeting.. New New Greeting... and Lunar New Year greeting

Please let us know the difference between normal mail and Royal Mail. Maybe you had to pay more.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 26th September 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Please let us know the difference between normal mail and Royal Mail. Maybe you had to pay more.
    That's the only option the seller has (on eBay) ... Royal Mail International Signed-for. I think it is just a normal registered parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Post is getting unreliable from Europe. Good luck
    Received a postcard post-marked 4 Sep 2012 St Peterburg Russia... Received in my mailbox yesterday 25 Sep 2012.
    The Sender who was on holiday had returned to SG 2 weeks back

A Xmas card was sent from UK a week before Xmas 2011; received in box 3 days before Lunar New Year 2012... end up with triple greetings
    Xmas greeting.. New New Greeting... and Lunar New Year greeting
    Whoa! That sux!

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    ndroo, that's damn annoying and something that Singpost has often done to avoid responsibility. Assuming the status on Royal Mail's website shows that it is ALREADY in SG, point that out to Singpost and tell them to step up their game. Or alternatively ask to speak to a manager. That usually works.
    Will wait til tomorrow before calling up to ask again.

That's the only option the seller has (on eBay) ... Royal Mail International Signed-for. I think it is just a normal registered parcel.
    Yep that is just registered air mail.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like finally Singpost updated the status after Royal Mail's status was updated as 'arrived in Singapore' a couple of days ago. After lunch today, Singpost tracking says 'Arrived from overseas'. Phew!