Thread: Canon D650 or Nikon D3200

Default Canon D650 or Nikon D3200

Hi all, I'm planning to get my first dslr and would like to seek advise which model is more suitable for me.

I'm a newbie but would like a dslr for taking better quality photo.

I'minterested in:

1) landscape
    2) street/travel
    3) night photography

I have research quite a lot on this 2 model and I'm aware of the pro and con of them. Just wanted to seek more experienced advise

Default Re: Canon D650 or Nikon D3200

1 2 3. All DSLR can do. Even compact camera can do the job as well.
    So you have done research then what else or kind of stuff you want to know? Easier if you can be more specific.

The Nikon D3200 can only use AFS lens with the rest being Manual Focusing only while the Canon 650D can use all EOS lens including the for full frame ones.

Unless you intend to invest in a lens changing system...maybe consider pns with very large aperture such as the Samsung Ex2 with f/1.4 lens. You can also consider pns with apsc size sensors and decent aperture like f/2. Alternatively can also consider the m4/3 or mirrorless system if want a smaller dslr.

Compared to pns, dslr system is like a bottomless pit when it comes to spending money.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

It's only a bottomless pit when you:
    1) get conned at shops with shady salesmen coerce you to buy expensive stuff you don't need
    2) you buy stuff that you rarely use
    3) become a gearhead and you believe that every expensive camera is definitely going to improve your skill

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    It's only a bottomless pit when you:
    1) get conned at shops with shady salesmen coerce you to buy expensive stuff you don't need
    2) you buy stuff that you rarely use
    3) become a gearhead and you believe that every expensive camera is definitely going to improve your skill
    Not just camera...can apply to car, furniture, tv, hifi and etc....(wedding dinner?) such is danger of being a consumer
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by GFOne View Post
    Hi all, I'm planning to get my first dslr and would like to seek advise which model is more suitable for me.

I'm a newbie but would like a dslr for taking better quality photo.

I'minterested in:

1) landscape
    2) street/travel
    3) night photography

I have research quite a lot on this 2 model and I'm aware of the pro and con of them. Just wanted to seek more experienced advise
    What do you mean when you refer to better quality photo? There are many definition to better quality photo. One of which is improving on your composition and lighting skills....

A couple more questions...
    1) Have you read: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbi...amera-buy.html ?
    2) What camera are you currently using?
    3) What are you expecting from your new purchase over your current?
    4) Why limit to N and C?
    5) Are you willing to carry the bulk as compared to smaller sized offerings (m4/3 and Mirrorless) from Sony, Olympus, Samsung?
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

frankly the research from established review sites e.g. dp review will provide u most of what u need to know.

some of the responses u will be receiving here may bring confusion.

Both are good. Just go for the one that you like more.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Both may be suitable. Neither may be suitable. All DSLRs can shoot landscape, street, travel, night photography, etc. These are basics that even point and shoots can do so long as you apply basic thought and skill.

Look beyond C and N as well, you might be surprised by the value for money you find with other brands. Read the FAQ.

Believe us, your question pops up 1-2 times a week and it's ALWAYS the exact same answers.
    Alpha

Maybe I should rephrase my question. Given a choice between these 2, which will you choose and why? I may have research on the specs and etc but might overlook many details. One good point given out on the auto focus part, thanks! That's one point newbie like me probably wouldn't know by reading the specs I will go read the FAQ now thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by GFOne View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase my question. Given a choice between these 2, which will you choose and why? I may have research on the specs and etc but might overlook many details. One good point given out on the auto focus part, thanks! That's one point newbie like me probably wouldn't know by reading the specs I will go read the FAQ now thanks so much!
    I would choose neither of them. And I would not ask other people which to choose, because it's a very personal choice. What feels comfy for me may not for others, etc.
    Alpha

as what a fellow forumer mentioned....dont need to think too deep...not choosing a wife

Ok, thank you all so much