Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Film Camera Vs Digital Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    Poll: How old are you guys?
    Yawn...Bak Siap.
    My son will ROD next month!

I'm old enuf 1 footed into the coffin. Yalah, joke like this to calm the heat better right? All these "which is better" no meaning one. That is why all this options are available. We rather to have many options and freedom of choice then no option. Otherwise there will only have 1 brand, 1 version and sell for 5k per camera.

Let the person pick his choice, it is the bad choice that make one learn and pick a better choice next time.

Stop all these argument ah. Ah pek scold liao if not all face 40 degree to the left and drop 20!

Quote Originally Posted by student
    I am not sure, with exceptions of top end DSLR with tracking ability, that the average digicams can take such pictures. By the time you get them focussed, the donkey would have galloped away!
    Good point here. If one knows how to fully utilise a manual focus SLR, it may be a better option as compared to the average digital camera in certain circumstances like this. I have never tried using a prosumer grade digital camera to take photos by prefocussing, but I would think that the shutter lag and the slow writing speed combination of quite a few of these digital cameras may be a tad too slow to take even a few consecutive shots.

P.S. have our posts been more discouraging than we have intended it to be?

lol your discussion/arguements about digital vs film is really interesting hehe.

glad i created a topic that is spontanous...which i'm sure this is not the first time the topic has been put up and argued.

hmm i'm finally convinced and has officially asked blurblock to loan me one of his fine SLRs for me to try it on... heh hopefully snap a few rolls and then post up for comments.

thanks once again guys. esp to f5user...lol i din know about the slide thingy...shall go research more on it...it seems interesting enough.

Blurblock's Pentax KX is a solid camera and has everything u need for mechanical camera. He seems to be a nice person too.
    -

Blurblock's Pentax KX is a solid camera and has everything u need for mechanical camera. He seems to be a nice person too.
    Don't be so quick to judge... he did this all for the evil plan!!

No lah! He's a nice person really, though I'd never met him. He'd offered to lend me his Bronica the other time too when I was searching for a MF system!

-
    hehehehe... as long as you do not step on my tail

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Don't be so quick to judge... he did this all for the evil plan!!

No lah! He's a nice person really, though I'd never met him. He'd offered to lend me his Bronica the other time too when I was searching for a MF system!
    Shhheeeeee..... the evil plan is at work ...... .... muahhhaaaahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Shhheeeeee..... the evil plan is at work ...... .... muahhhaaaahahahahahahahaha

what evil plan???? ermm you got me all worried here..............................

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLife
    lol your discussion/arguements about digital vs film is really interesting hehe.

glad i created a topic that is spontanous...which i'm sure this is not the first time the topic has been put up and argued.

hmm i'm finally convinced and has officially asked blurblock to loan me one of his fine SLRs for me to try it on... heh hopefully snap a few rolls and then post up for comments.

thanks once again guys. esp to f5user...lol i din know about the slide thingy...shall go research more on it...it seems interesting enough.
    this is a nice thread with nice pple no flaming. purely discussion/arguments. that's cool! that's the way it shd be!

LustForLife, just get something that you like to use. there is goodness in both film and digital. most impt is the skill of person taking photo.

Hey.. no problem...

Trust me, with the correct technique, you won't be disappointed with slides.

It's in my opinion, the most traditional and best way to start up

fyi, under the proper care, they last too... i still have my slides from the 70s and the colour's still good and vibrant.

Talking about slides, there are some review here:
    http://www.gustafson.tk/

Click the bottom ISO etc.

i think i will be collecting the camera from Blurblock tom. Thanks again for his loan i'm really surprised and thankful for the generous and helpfulness of Blurblock.

well at the night i think i will head on to POW at little india to catch my friend's gig and also to shoot some pictures.

need some help on night shooting in indoor environment. ok the place is not very big...and quite dark as the owner would turn off the lights and just leave the spotlights on the stage on shining directly on the band members...the color of the light is yellowish.

i plan to do some black and white photography tom night so i would need some advices on :

what type of black and white film i should buy...the brand and the film speed.

and what aperture and shutter speed should i use in order to capture the pictures accurately...and should i use the flash? because i have bad experiences with flash light as it often make the end product looking overexposed or harsh lighting.

once again thanks to everyone in the forum. wish me luck tom!

Glad you got something to try one first. If you want to try out some slide you can get along with some of us at outings, like the railway phtoography and Ubin trip we will go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234