Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *66* - What do you think?

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *66* - What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Amy Cheong got sacked..not 4 or 8 matches ban..
    she ask for it, but think whatever it is, give her one chance bah, everyone makes mistake.... she now so famous already....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid

she ask for it, but think whatever it is, give her one chance bah, everyone makes mistake.... she now so famous already....
    Shes a serial "diver" like CR7..its not her 1st time..

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!! *66* - What do you think?

Every new season is our seson but after a few games, the dream is over..lolZ..
    I have a dream... Its better to be awake with a dream, than sleeping with nothing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by photo-orama

I have a dream... Its better to be awake with a dream, than sleeping with nothing!!!!
    Day dreaming wont bring you anywhere bro...have to face it even though reality sucks as times...

So im wishing for effective football that win games than attrctive football that cause heart pain..

Pulis says ban suarez for diving.... i says ban huth for stomping suarez
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid
    Pulis says ban suarez for diving.... i says ban huth for stomping suarez
    If diving can earn yellow card, intentionally casing injury to others deserve red card & ban! If referees miss those incidents, ban the referees a few games too! Hahaha...

demm, so busy forgot to put in my 0-0, otherwise, 10 points is mine

Bro Rodz, how many more games to go? Your axe must be very sharp now!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy
    LolZ..yeah right..so whats your guess for the next game? Since you free now...hahaha...

Bro Rodz, how many more games to go? Your axe must be very sharp now!
    3 more...still sharpening it...lolZ

LolZ..yeah right..so whats your guess for the next game? Since you free now...hahaha...
    still not free, whole week in China

still not free, whole week in China
    Think next game at home against Reading...guess now la...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    YAYA. retrospective. yes.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Modern Goalkeepers: More Flaps Than...

Johnny has noticed an alarming trend in modern goalkeepers. They might be brilliant shot-stoppers, but they sure as hell can't judge crosses & command their areas..

curry sauce!!

When I was a kid, I liked to play in goal. Being the goalie was great because it meant you didn't get kicked much, didn't have to run around, could just aimlessly hoof the ball up the pitch (a talent all England keepers seem reluctant to give up on), could talk to the girls behind the goal when the play was up-field and yet could still impress everyone by making extravagant dives. If you were agile, people thought you were good.

I quickly learned that there was glory between the sticks if you dived around a lot. Coming out for crosses and generally positioning yourself well went unnoticed, but leaping athletically to tip one over the bar made other kids think you were great. Even at a young age, like all keepers, I developed the art of making simple saves look spectacular. Like sex, it mostly involves kicking your legs in the air, arching your back and pulling faces.

However, this policy only worked for so long. Eventually a lack of basic technique, concentration and positioning showed I was actually rubbish (this applied to the sex as well). Really great keepers can often cut out problems before they start by commanding their box and bossing defenders around. That wasn't for me and by then I had discovered UFO, drink and girls, and a life of muddy knees and over-sized gloves lost all its attractions.

The principle of good goalkeeping used to be based around the fact that because you have the huge advantage of being able to handle the ball the defenders should defer to you at all times. It also dictated that you would try and grab hold of the ball as much as possible, rather than punch it or wait for a defender to clear it.

Thus keepers were legendary personalities. From the old spaghetti legs to the scorpion kick to dislocating your jaw shouting at defenders, the goalie was master of his domain and an often crazy mofo.

Until recently, those who were in the elite of goalkeeping could do it all; they were superb shot-stoppers, commanded the box on crosses and could distribute the ball by hoying it half the length of the pitch with accuracy. Peter Schmeichel was the archetype. An awesome, dominant presence with no obvious weaknesses.

At the moment the Premier League is full of some of the best shot-stoppers we've ever seen; men with fantastic quick reactions and cat-like agility. Watching Joe Hart, David de Gea, Michel Vorm and many more, they are very undoubtedly impressive. Hart's performance against Borussia Dortmund was an exemplary display of modern goalkeeping in that it was relentlessly brilliant shot-stopping.

Hart is often declared by commentators to be world class, or even the best in the world. But the oft ignored fact is that Hart, like so many modern keepers is a committed and long-term practitioner of The Flap. Being a flapper used to automatically disqualify you from greatness. He regularly doesn't command crosses, he gets caught in no-man's land, he stays anchored to his line all too often when he should be ploughing through defenders to get the ball.

Because of this Hart, like all his contemporaries, has a major rick in him most games. He won't be found wanting at a ball hit at pace into the top corner; instead his howler will almost always occur from a good corner or a whipped cross, at which point he will look at the ball as though it is an alien concept and flap at it like an over-sized owl.

Hart is far from unique in this. Just look at De Gea. Super-fast reactions, makes brilliant saves every game, but has less presence than a fart in a space suit. De Gea couldn't command a poodle let alone a defence. Admittedly the fact that he looks 10 stone wet through doesn't help and his silly Something-About-Mary hair just undermines any authority he might be able to inspire. He won't be dislocating his jaw shouting at defenders for sure. Not that he seems bothered. Like most modern keepers he has no interest in much else other than shot-stopping. The modern keepers appear to have been trained this way.

The regular flapping seems to have been discounted in Hart's case. The narrative arc is that he's world class and anything which suggests otherwise is largely ignored. But the fact remains that in the next two England games, Hart will likely at some point come out waving his arms, get nowhere near the ball and have to be bailed out by his defenders on at least one occasion. And the commentator, seemingly suffering from amnesia will say how 'out of character' it is. It's not. This is the modern keeper all over.

Obviously, Hart is young and he should get better with age. Call me old-fashioned if you will but I'd like to see a goalkeeper have more comprehensive talents before being declared brilliant.

So how and why has the art of goalkeeping changed? Is it just a fashion? Is it a failure of coaching? Has zonal marking outlawed the need for keepers to stray off their line? Is the dominance of short-arsed midfield fanny merchants making the need to be good in the air and on crosses irrelevant because football played on the ground is the current obsession? I have no idea but there must be some reason for it.

One thing is for sure, being able to judge a cross - when to come for it and when to stay on your line - is still an important skill.

When your side is under pressure and the ball is launched into the box, there is no finer sight in football than seeing your keeper ploughing through an army of players like a cruise missile to pluck the ball out of the air and clutch it to his chest. In the '60s and '70s keepers who hated crosses were always called Dracula, today it looks like we've got a whole league of vampires.

Brendan Rodgers Challenges Jordan Henderson to Have Offensive Impact and Remain Tactically Disciplined

by Liverpool FC Staff on Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:49AM

Read more at: Brendan Rodgers Challenges Jordan Henderson to Have Offensive Impact and Remain Tactically Disciplined - Liverpool FC - NESN.com

Brendan Rodgers has challenged Jordan Henderson to use Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie at West Bromwich Albion as an opportunity to stake his claim for regular first-team action.

Henderson has made five appearances for Liverpool so far this season, though only one of them has been in the Barclays Premier League when he was introduced as a second-half substitute against Manchester United on Sunday. The 22-year-old is likely to figure at the Hawthorns, however, and Rodgers has urged Henderson to show him what he's capable of.

"It is about the balance in the team. We have got one controlling midfielder in Joe Allen," explained the boss. "We have got Steven Gerrard, who is a great player and speaks for himself. He has got a goal in him, he has got influence and he has got stature. He carries his qualities on the field. Then we have got Jonjo [Shelvey], who is a goalscoring midfielder.

"But Jordan is working his socks off every day. He has got a great appetite to learn; he lives his life right and he doesn't do stupid things off the pitch. He works hard, he works well. Really it is just games like [Wednesday's] that offer me the opportunity to see him.

"Can he affect the game going forward but play also with that tactical discipline, which keeps us nice and strong in the middle of midfield?"

Let's Get Ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

NEW!! List of Grandmaster Kelongster:

1). Season August 2011 - July 2012: Zaren *

Table of Hat-Trick Heroes for Season 12/13!

1). 15/9/12 Saturday. Sunderland vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, at Stadium of Light.
    1-1 DRAW with Suarez scoring the equaliser. ---> Zaren

SEASON 2012 AUG to 2013 MAY!

League table of Kelongsters.

1). zaren 18pts.
    2). Roadrunner 12pts.
    3). Airfins 12pts.
    4). Cheesecake 10pts --> YES!! DOUBLE DIGIT LIAO!!!
    5). sunnyday 9pts
    6). philip 6pts
    7). Grumpy 5pts
    8). Toxicboy 4pts
    9). ahyooo 4pts
    10). kelccm 4pt
    11). blazer_workz 3pts
    12). Photo-orama 3pts
    13). canew 2p
    14). fotoudavid 2pts
    15). wonglp 1pt
    16). Bro Rodz 1pt

20/10/12
    Saturday! 1400GMT EPL Fixture.

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB vs reading!!

ANFIELD!!!

Can we finally win at ANFIELD?!

1). 5-1 LFC WINS!! (Borini, Suarez) CC

A hit early right?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
    A hit early right?
    just stand by.

Zaren should start with -10 points every season until he changes team (it hasn't worked on my son so far no mater what the bait has been, what are the chances of working on Zaren)!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha...

Think next game at home against Reading...guess now la...

Tonight have the mickey mouse cup right?
    let me check out the lineup first. I think might get 1 or 2 goals depends on who in the team.