Thread: Fireworks (NDP Preview)

Arrow Fireworks (NDP Preview)

Shot taken on a jetty above Kallang River besides Nicol Highway during the National Day Parade Preview on the 27th July 2002.

Provia 100F.

All comments are welcomed!

Thanks!

The fireworks look very fake in the overall picture. It's like drawing some colours on it.

No Offence on your skill

Default Re: Fireworks (NDP Preview)

Personally, I feel that the foreground should be slightly over exposed. I think it might look better.

Originally posted by revenant
    The fireworks look very fake in the overall picture. It's like drawing some colours on it.

No Offence on your skill
    that's what i said when i saw his slide

Default Re: Re: Fireworks (NDP Preview)

Originally posted by scanner
    Personally, I feel that the foreground should be slightly over exposed. I think it might look better.
    if you try to overexpose the foreground, the next burst of firworks will interfere (ie. you may not get the image u want)

can be achieved using a black card to cover the upper half.

Originally posted by mervlam

that's what i said when i saw his slide

When did you say that? I don't remember!

Heee...

BTW, looking at the quality and quantity of the fireworks this year, not many people will try to use a black card. Just some plain lazy excuse from me.

However, from my view, the fireworks were very low angle, and not much light (from the fireworks) was been thrown onto the stadium and the river like other fireworks you see in this forum.

Regarding the 'fake' fireworks, the overall picture looks very dark after scanning, thus I level it and then saturate it, maybe a little bit too much. But that is almost how the slide looks like on a lightbox.

Thank you all very much for your comments!

Bean,

I meant the "like drawing some colours on it" part.

You got your lightbox?

Originally posted by mervlam
    Bean,

I meant the "like drawing some colours on it" part.

You got your lightbox?

Merv, managed to get a light box. Will be shooting lots of slides for my course assignments.