Thread: Weincell MRB625

Default Weincell MRB625

Hi,
    I'm Starting film photography, and I just received my Canon FTb that I bought on eBay !
    I had bought a V625U (1.5v) battery from a dealer in The Adelphi on Coleman Street, but after this I read that my camera needed a 1.3 volt battery similar to the original mercury one for the meter to work accurately...
    I still haven't done a test roll with the 1.5v battery, but I figured out I'd ask for some information before.
    That's why i'd like to know where I could find a Weincell battery, which seems to be the only one with the appropriate voltage.
    If anyone has used a camera with a 1.5v battery instead of 1.3v, please tell me if it really affects the exposure !
    Thanks in advance ! I'm looking forward to your wise answers !

Default Re: Weincell MRB625

Quote Originally Posted by Arnpouz View Post
    Hi,
    I'm Starting film photography, and I just received my Canon FTb that I bought on eBay !
    I had bought a V625U (1.5v) battery from a dealer in The Adelphi on Coleman Street, but after this I read that my camera needed a 1.3 volt battery similar to the original mercury one for the meter to work accurately...
    I still haven't done a test roll with the 1.5v battery, but I figured out I'd ask for some information before.
    That's why i'd like to know where I could find a Weincell battery, which seems to be the only one with the appropriate voltage.
    If anyone has used a camera with a 1.5v battery instead of 1.3v, please tell me if it really affects the exposure !
    Thanks in advance ! I'm looking forward to your wise answers !
    You NEED a MR9 adapter that allows the use of 1.5 V SR44 button cells.

Default Re: Weincell MRB625

Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    You NEED a MR9 adapter that allows the use of 1.5 V SR44 button cells.
    Ok, I saw it on the internet, but where could I find one in SG ? Thanks !