Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

  1. #1

    Default Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    Hi all,

    I dont know where to post this so i post here.

    I am planning to bring a tripod to the F1 this sunday but i heard there was restrictions to it where it is not allowed in any grandstands. SO can i just enter the grandstands but not use it? will they take it away from me? or can i just tell them i wont be using it and they will let me enter the grandstand with it?

    Any info much appreciated. thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lactose
    Hi all,

    I dont know where to post this so i post here.

    I am planning to bring a tripod to the F1 this sunday but i heard there was restrictions to it where it is not allowed in any grandstands. SO can i just enter the grandstands but not use it? will they take it away from me? or can i just tell them i wont be using it and they will let me enter the grandstand with it?

    Any info much appreciated. thanks!
    Asked about 50 times before already. Yes it's fine. You can even use it in monopod mode
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Asked about 50 times before already. Yes it's fine. You can even use it in monopod mode
    Awsome! let this be the 51th time.

    Thanks for the quick info!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    However..for the consideration of the people around you...a monopod for such events is always better..even for yourself...gives you more freedom to pan and more space to move..a tripod is just going to hinder you and irritate the people around.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    don't forget your ear plugs too
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    ear plugs? whatever for?

    the roar of the engines is music!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by spinworkxroy View Post
    However..for the consideration of the people around you...a monopod for such events is always better..even for yourself...gives you more freedom to pan and more space to move..a tripod is just going to hinder you and irritate the people around.
    He can still bring a tripod, but just extend 1 leg.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    don't forget your ear plugs too
    Earplugs??? you're not really enjoying F1 unless your ears are bleeding!!!
    Alpha

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

    i just enjoy 'accidentally' kicking tripods when they get in my and everybody's way and cause a bottleneck the last couple of years...

    you're not shooting fireworks and the track and the stage are well lit enough that a tripod is not necessary .... a monopod will belp with the pans
    Last edited by ed9119; 22nd September 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •