Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Food poisoning

  1. #1
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default Food poisoning

    Me and wife are having stomach ache after eating dosai at Komalas@whitesands.

    Can I complain somewhere ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    See doctor and get mc as proof. Get receipts too.

    Lodge a formal complaint to Nea and cc a copy to the minister and the SPH news editors.

    Don't get personal. Be factual.

  3. #3
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB
    See doctor and get mc as proof. Get receipts too.

    Lodge a formal complaint to Nea and cc a copy to the minister and the SPH news editors.

    Don't get personal. Be factual.
    Thanks, but there isn't any receipt :-(

  4. #4

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Thanks, but there isn't any receipt :-(
    Then also complaint to IRAS against them for failure to issue receipts. It is an offence.

  5. #5
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    NEA
    AVA
    HSA
    MOH


    Or the restaurant itself.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    ok, next time I go hawker centers eat anything, I will ask the stall owner to pose for a photo with me.

    if I suai suai lao sai, I got proof where I eat.


    I don't mind the stall owners show the photos at their stalls.
    who knows, maybe after everybody see my photos everywhere, I will be famous too, become "catchlights can eat" something like that.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    ok, next time I go hawker centers eat anything, I will ask the stall owner to pose for a photo with me.

    if I suai suai lao sai, I got proof where I eat.


    I don't mind the stall owners show the photos at their stalls.
    who knows, maybe after everybody see my photos everywhere, I will be famous too, become "catchlights can eat" something like that.
    Uncle Catchlights... Komala's is well-known Indian-Vegetarian restaurant

    i think that's the reason Lotus80 is asking this question.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Uncle Catchlights... Komala's is well-known Indian-Vegetarian restaurant

    i think that's the reason Lotus80 is asking this question.
    I'm referring no receipt issue.




    anyway, my guess is the food is incompatible with their stomach.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    NEA
    AVA
    HSA
    MOH


    Or the restaurant itself.
    It's food poisoning.

    Not foot poisoning.

  10. #10
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I'm referring no receipt issue.

    anyway, my guess is the food is incompatible with their stomach.
    We eat a lot of Indian food, so all compatible.

    My doubt on the cleanliness of people and food in Komalas :-)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    We eat a lot of Indian food, so all compatible.

    My doubt on the cleanliness of people and food in Komalas :-)
    bro... you know you're stirring up the hornet's nest with that remark right...

  12. #12
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    bro... you know you're stirring up the hornet's nest with that remark right...
    Those are my opinion. And everybody has it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Those are my opinion. And everybody has it.
    let's be candid but responsible, shall we? making a sweeping statement like that is like saying the whole world hates Komala's

  14. #14

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    We eat a lot of Indian food, so all compatible.

    My doubt on the cleanliness of people and food in Komalas :-)
    Sounds like a normal statement to me, he ate in Komalas do it's normal to suspect Komalas. TS is a victim, it's normal for him to feel like that. Pls show him some empathy.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB

    Sounds like a normal statement to me, he ate in Komalas do it's normal to suspect Komalas. TS is a victim, it's normal for him to feel like that. Pls show him some empathy.
    You should see the other statements below

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Food poisoning is no laughing matter. Most of us have suffered food poisoning at some time in our lives.
    When you are very ill, vomiting and purging, you wonder if you will die.
    For those who have recovered, the memory of the painful experience may fade with time.

    In the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case, people have died.

    Normally we do not follow up to get the authorities to go after the food stall or restaurant.
    It is difficult to prove especially if we are the only one or a few who fell sick.
    The food stall would have got rid of much evidence by the time we recover from the sickness.

    It is normally self-evident in cases of mass poisoning, as in the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case. Then the authorities have to take action.

    Food poisoning is especially dangerous if you are travelling in a foreign land, alone. You can die.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...sort-poisoning
    Because the family member/friends' help and medical care support system that you know of at home are absent.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 22nd September 2012 at 09:57 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Food poisoning is no laughing matter. Most of us have suffered food poisoning at some time in our lives.
    When you are very ill, vomiting and purging, you wonder if you will die.
    For those who have recovered, the memory of the painful experience may fade with time.

    In the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case, people have died.

    Normally we do not follow up to get the authorities to go after the food stall or restaurant.
    It is difficult to prove especially if we are the only one or a few who fell sick.
    The food stall would have got rid of much evidence by the time we recover from the sickness.

    It is normally self-evident in cases of mass poisoning, as in the Geylang Serai Indian Rojak case. Then the authorities have to take action.

    Food poisoning is especially dangerous if you are travelling in a foreign land, alone. You can die.
    2 Canadian sisters die in Thailand resort from poisoning | GlobalPost
    Because the family member/friends' help and medical care support system that you know of at home are absent.
    My friend ganna poisoning in Manila, nearly died in hospital. Alone in a business trip. It is no laughing matter when you are half conscious, delirious and weak.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  18. #18

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    IMHO, I think you should report even if not much proof.

    The authorities might not be able to proceed with this complaint due to lack of evidence but they may red flag that shop due to such a report and conduct a surprise check a few weeks later. All will results in them improving their hygiene and taking things more serious. Your report could save many other people's health.
    Last edited by sjackal; 22nd September 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  19. #19

    Default Re: Food poisoning

    hope you feel better soon , lotus.

    drink lots of isotonic drinks, else a tea spoon of salt and a tea spoon of sugar added to 1.5 liters of water can help
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  20. #20
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma
    hope you feel better soon , lotus.

    drink lots of isotonic drinks, else a tea spoon of salt and a tea spoon of sugar added to 1.5 liters of water can help
    :-) thanks mate, we are better now.

    .... And developed wierd habit of keeping food receipts until next day :-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •