Thread: Self destruct mode

Default Self destruct mode

"My job is not to worry about those people."

Read this
    New York Times - Paul Krugman - Disdain for Workers

The Real Romney Captured on Tape Turns Out to Be a Sneering Plutocrat

I Am the 47 Percent

Today, Mitt Romney Lost the Election

Mitt Romney's '47 percent disaster': A campaign killer?

Comment by Peggy Noonan: "This is not how big leaders talk, it's how shallow campaign operatives talk."

Watch this:

Last edited by ricohflex; 24th September 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Default Re: Self destruct mode

Obama re-elected 2012.

Worst mistake by Republicans - picking Romney + Ryan.

When Romney lost, the Republicans will turn on him and the knives will be out. The Republicans will blame him for the loss and discuss a lot of reasons why.

List of reasons why Romney lost:

• Talking about number of obsolete ships and boats since 1916 and ignorant about modern aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines.
    • Writing long article saying in New York Times, to "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt".
    • Not knowing his middle east geography.
    • Washington Post endorses Obama.
    • New York Times endorses Obama.
    • New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg endorses Obama.
    • General Colin Powell (a Republican) endorses Obama.
    • New Jersey Governor (a Republican) Chris Christie praises Obama for Sandy relief efforts.
    • Romney refuses to divulge his past 10 years' tax returns. He got something to hide.
    • Insulting 47% of the population who are not rich .
    • Insulting Latinos and Hispanics.
    • Being an ex- Mormon Bishop - just because the media does not highlight this, does not mean all voters accept and tolerate Mormonism.
    • Constantly changing political positions.
    • Trying to exploit Benghazi incident.
    • Claiming that he would have made same decision to go after Osama Bin Laden - taking into account Romney's shiftiness and caring about his own political welfare, there was no way Romney would have made the decision. People know this. Voters are not stupid.
    • Paul Ryan made a FATAL mistake to talk about religion 2 days before the election - this reminds everyone that Romney was an ex- Mormon bishop. They then read and check out what was written in the Book of Mormon - and they are shocked.
    • The dirty tricks and voter suppression like what Rick Scott did.
    • Foolish comments by Akin, Sununu and Mourdock.
    • Romney phone campaign to encourage CEOs to send their workers threatening letters about how they should vote. Actually, to me, this is a CRIME. It is not just bad taste.
    • Republican Congress said openly they would be hostile and purposely make Obama a one term president. This turns off many voters.
    • Unlike Obama, who was respectful of Clinton, Romney treated George W Bush with disdain. Voters don't like this. If this is how rudely Romney behaves during the campaign, imagine how badly Romney would behave if he was elected president. The power would get to his head and he would be out of control.
    • Bain Capital is not a charitable organization. It aims to maximise investors and shareholders' profits. So it is foolish to claim to be a job creator. People are not stupid. They know what such firms do to workers.
    • Saying he will label PRC a currency manipulator on his first day in office as president. (now Romney got no chance forever).
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th November 2012 at 10:25 PM.

it's quite widely known that the past few Republican Presidential hopefuls and and previous Republican President were morons.

in layman terms:

- shot their mouths off
    - irresponsible
    - deceitful
    - shifty
    - used their positions to help the rich get richer and neglecting the poorer citizens

Romney was a real snake. I'm glad he didn't win.
    The way he twists his words to suit his campaign were really worrying.
    1 minute he says he will lower taxes for the rich, next minute he says he will lower taxes for everyone and cut tax loopholes for the rich. In his desperation, he even promised 12 million new jobs for Americans.... sounds real fishy to me.

But Ryan does have some good credentials, though. I'm pretty sure he will be a presidential elect quite soon.
    Last edited by silencer13; 7th November 2012 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silencer13 View Post
    Romney was a real snake. I'm glad he didn't win.
    The way he twists his words to suit his campaign were really worrying.
    1 minute he says he will lower taxes for the rich, next minute he says he will lower taxes for everyone and cut tax loopholes for the rich. In his desperation, he even promised 12 million new jobs for Americans.... sounds real fishy to me.

But Ryan does have some good credentials, though. I'm pretty sure he will be a presidential elect quite soon.
    Ryan has good credentials???? no way....

whenever i see Ryan's face on TV, I have that urge to punch his face - he has that "kiam pah" face. He should be glad he's not in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Obama re-elected 2012.

Worst mistake by Republicans - picking Romney + Ryan when they had Jon Huntsman + Marc Rubio - who may have easily won the election for the Republicans.

When Romney lost, the Republicans will turn on him and the knives will be out. The Republicans will blame him for the loss and discuss a lot of reasons why.

List of reasons why Romney lost:

• Talking about number of obsolete ships and boats since 1916 and ignorant about modern aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines.
    • Writing long article saying in New York Times, to "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt".
    • Not knowing his middle east geography.
    • Washington Post endorses Obama.
    • New York Times endorses Obama.
    • New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg endorses Obama.
    • General Colin Powell (a Republican) endorses Obama.
    • New Jersey Governor (a Republican) Chris Christie praises Obama for Sandy relief efforts.
    • Romney refuses to divulge his past 10 years' tax returns. He got something to hide.
    • Insulting 47% of the population who are not rich .
    • Insulting Latinos and Hispanics.
    • Being an ex- Mormon Bishop - just because the media does not highlight this, does not mean all voters accept and tolerate Mormonism (this is banned in Singapore).
    • Constantly changing political positions.
    • Trying to exploit Benghazi incident.
    • Claiming that he would have made same decision to go after Osama Bin Laden - taking into account Romney's shiftiness and caring about his own political welfare, there was no way Romney would have made the decision. People know this. Voters are not stupid.
    • Paul Ryan made a FATAL mistake to talk about religion 2 days before the election - this reminds everyone that Romney was an ex- Mormon bishop. They then read and check out what was written in the Book of Mormon - and they are shocked.
    • The dirty tricks and voter suppression like what Rick Scott did.
    • Foolish comments by Akin, Sununu and Mourdock.
    • Romney phone campaign to encourage CEOs to send their workers threatening letters about how they should vote. Actually, to me, this is a CRIME. It is not just bad taste.
    • Republican Congress said openly they would be hostile and purposely make Obama a one term president. This turns off many voters.
    • Unlike Obama, who was respectful of Clinton, Romney treated George W Bush with disdain. Voters don't like this. If this is how rudely Romney behaves during the campaign, imagine how badly Romney would behave if he was elected president. The power would get to his head and he would be out of control.
    • Bain Capital is not a charitable organization. It aims to maximise investors and shareholders' profits. So it is foolish to claim to be a job creator. People are not stupid. They know what such firms do to workers.
    • Saying he will label PRC a currency manipulator on his first day in office as president. (now Romney got no chance forever).
    I think i've seen Mormons in Singapore. I think you're refering to the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is kinda banned here.

TBH (@ricohflex) some of the reasons listed here are not strong or valid points.
    The whole Mormon thing for one - Jon Huntsman is Mormon too.
    And statistically Romney got most of the white votes; it's the minorities (many states becoming "minority-majority") and women (the whole Roe v Wade/rape issue) where he lost.
    Last edited by cks2k2; 7th November 2012 at 09:25 PM.

basically yes... once someone refers to themselves as an "Elder" of a church... e.g. Elder Smith or Elder James... they're basically Mormons...

and their church is known as the "Church of Latter Day Saints"

their founder claims to have seen a vision from God and basically for them, most of the ancient places in the Bible are actually in America.

though you won't find any of how EXACTLY their religion was founded

Mormons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you follow family guy, how Joseph Smith, their founder, created this "religion" was through a vision in his top hat

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    basically yes... once someone refers to themselves as an "Elder" of a church... e.g. Elder Smith or Elder James... they're basically Mormons...

and their church is known as the "Church of Latter Day Saints"

their founder claims to have seen a vision from God and basically for them, most of the ancient places in the Bible are actually in America.

though you won't find any of how EXACTLY their religion was founded

Mormons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you follow family guy, how Joseph Smith, their founder, created this "religion" was through a vision in his top hat
    Met a lot of Mormons in Utah, they're pretty nice folks.
    The whole golden scripture that only Joseph Smith could see thru his special hat etc etc. South Park actually made a pretty good episode on the whole Mormon issue.

What a dirty campaign Romney ran.

Read this. Atrocious.

4 CEOs That Threatened To Fire Workers If Obama Won
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th November 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    TBH (@ricohflex) some of the reasons listed here are not strong or valid points.
    The whole Mormon thing for one - Jon Huntsman is Mormon too.
    And statistically Romney got most of the white votes; it's the minorities (many states becoming "minority-majority") and women (the whole Roe v Wade/rape issue) where he lost.
    Thanks. Will edit my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    I think i've seen Mormons in Singapore. I think you're refering to the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is kinda banned here.
    Thanks. Edited my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by devilry View Post
    Ryan has good credentials???? no way....

whenever i see Ryan's face on TV, I have that urge to punch his face - he has that "kiam pah" face. He should be glad he's not in singapore.
    hehe! Almost all Republicans have that kiam pah face, not just Ryan.

But frankly, just hear Ryan speak and his policies. Yeah, of course he's not that great, but among Republicans he's probably their best bet. I'm pretty sure that in 2 elections' time he will be their candidate for president.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    What a dirty campaign Romney ran.

Read this. Atrocious.

4 CEOs That Threatened To Fire Workers If Obama Won
    threats. literally.

when you read them, you'll realize how fake they sounded.

Westgate Resorts CEO David Siegal recently emailed his employees saying that if Obama wins the election, he will be forced to downsize his company. Siegal insists this statement was not a threat and that no employee would be fired for voting for Obama, WKMG Local 6 reports.
    which increases the unemployment

Scott Farmer, CEO of uniform manufacturer Cintas, recently sent an email to his employees saying that if Obama wins the election they may lose their healthcare and even jobs, urging them to vote for Romney.
    which is weird, seeing that Obama is going for his healthcare package. and also adds to the unemployment

Mike White, the CEO of Rite-Hite, a manufacturer of loading dock equipment, told his employees that they would suffer "personal consequences" if Obama is reelected.
    this guy's just a jackass

Richards Lacks
    Richard Lacks, CEO of car-parts manufacturer Lacks Enterprises, recently encouraged his employees to vote for Romney, saying that another Obama term would mean higher taxes and lower wages.
    Isn't this what Romney would do?

tsk tsk

say hello to QE 3, 4 ,5 ,6 . uncle Ben will use shoving money out of helicopter if needed , to get the money out .

expect gold to rally against the dollar and inflation to be the primary export of the US for next few years .

im really glad no Republican president though. too hawkish . wars and strife only
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

What will be the impact to singapore as a whole and our life?
    Share market, Oil price, currency ?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    more cats will come to Singapore

And not forgetting Donald Trump's Twitter rant:
    Donald Trump's Post-Obama Win Twitter Meltdown - Business Insider

Too bad, Donald. Better get ready to pay your taxes fairly.

donald is another one whos face i really hate too. this idiot is dam arrogant but the good thing is that his face is quite big - ur punches will definitely land on his face due to his face's large surface area - really dam glad idiots like romney & ryan & their supporters such as donald got the kick out!

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    share market rally on risk seeking hot cash.

oil prices spike due to depreciated real value of USD .

Mas might or not intervene in SGD appreciation vs USD, by adjusting NEER. so far none seen and a MAS statement a few Thursday ago on no intervention sent SGD to fresh highs. their concern is inflation protection i guess .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast