Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133

Thread: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970

    Lol, too bad smartphones dont have "control-tab" for a quick flip to www.CNN.com or bloomsberg
    Easy with android lor. Just the fruity factory dun have
    Alpha

  2. #42
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Anyone from here makes it to the Priority Queue?

  3. #43

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    CS Senior Member like you should be "important enough".
    Happen to pass by Serangoon Starhub Exclusive Shops around 1 , no Q at all, so pop in and get one. Si Bei heng ah

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Just go to those small, small authorised retailer shops lah, either no queue or very short. I gotten my iPhone 4 and 5 both from the same shop when first launched and no ridiculously long queueing required.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by garylimtj View Post
    Happen to pass by Serangoon Starhub Exclusive Shops around 1 , no Q at all, so pop in and get one. Si Bei heng ah
    No need to disguise with a moustache and short skirt to get it?

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Apple's iPhone core strength is not the physical phone hardware. It is the numerous Apps written by others, some of which are useful. Some are niche areas not usually covered. Nokia, Microsoft, Google/Android, Samsung and others must be able to match this.
    The recent Apple maps is a failure and is inferior to Google maps and what Nokia can offer. Maybe it will improve with time, maybe not.
    http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...apps/240007751
    Last edited by ricohflex; 22nd September 2012 at 10:30 PM.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Apple's iPhone core strength is not the physical phone hardware. It is the numerous Apps written by others, some of which are useful. Some are niche areas not usually covered. Nokia, Microsoft, Google/Android, Samsung and others must be able to match this.
    The recent Apple maps is a failure and is inferior to Google maps and what Nokia can offer. Maybe it will improve with time, maybe not.
    Nokia Kicks Apple's Map In The Apps - Mobility - Smartphones - Informationweek
    I hope they will never match the ridiculous amount of hilarious useless apps.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    I hope they will never match the ridiculous amount of hilarious useless apps.
    There is an application that your wife can find out who you're with by the temperature of your body and how much fluid you've lost.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    There is an application that your wife can find out who you're with by the temperature of your body and how much fluid you've lost.
    My wife? o_O You got the wrong guy.

  10. #50
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    even though i am an apple fanboy i have never queued for a phone. Hello kitty maybe

  11. #51
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    sorry, queuing for hours/days for new product/games/beancurd releases is absolutely one of the dumbest things to do with your time .... unless you are getting paid to do it
    The queuing is most perplexing for something that is affordable and not even on a limited run

    We are all consumers. But I guess it takes a certain select mentality group of consumers that will go do such stuffs.. or maybe all their iPhone 4s broke down that faithful.day.

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy

    The queuing is most perplexing for something that is affordable and not even on a limited run

    We are all consumers. But I guess it takes a certain select mentality group of consumers that will go do such stuffs.. or maybe all their iPhone 4s broke down that faithful.day.
    Common, the new iPhone changes someone's life! It's so revolutionary people without it will undoubtedly feel inferior. I feel sad for people without an iPhone 5.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Common, the new iPhone changes someone's life! It's so revolutionary people without it will undoubtedly feel inferior. I feel sad for people without an iPhone 5.
    Don't you think the 5 speed vibrating function of iPhone 5 wonderful?


  14. #54
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Android need to make something to run iOs app, similar to Apple's Boot Camp to get all the Windows users.

    Still stuck with my iPhone 3G because of the apps purchased, if switch to Android then waste a lot of money spent on the apps.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?


  16. #56

    Default

    Iphone bashing! Lol

    I am also an android fanboy... Did u watch this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4bmq...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by trd2970; 23rd September 2012 at 03:11 PM.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    Iphone bashing! Lol

    I am also an android fanboy...
    Android phones only got 2 speed vibration. Not song enough.


  18. #58

    Default Re: Did Any1 whent to queue for iPhone 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackchua View Post
    Did any1 went to queue for iPhone 5, i did at 10am end up till now still waiting... darn.... regret sia...
    Got mine with no fuzz at M1 in Changi Business Park Central 1 on Sat morning. I went at about 1015h. The queue was for "priority" customers only; i.e. those who have registered online. Total time about 2 hours, including a break in between to have fishball meepok-tah at Koufu adjacent to M1. By about 1115h, they've given out all Q numbers and closed the queue

    These things don't last. They fade away year by year into oblivion. I learnt a related word from photography: it's called "DoF or Depth of Field." So, if we buy one, use & enjoy it now, and forget about it by next year. Haha!

    Hobbyist; Weekend SG Tourist

  19. #59

    Default

    Got mine at UOB starhub just an hour ago. No Q. LOL.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353
    Last edited by ricohflex; 23rd September 2012 at 06:40 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •