Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nikoneer

My d600 already got oil stain in sensor if i stop down to f16.
    That is very normal
    Due to bigger sensor

Default Re: D600 User Thread

So jia lat, the oil issue?

Actually I read a lot about the oil stain issue, especially on the D7000, but the one which I had before I bought the D600 is perfectly clean without stains.

Guess it all depends on luck....

By the way, the amount of details this camera capture is really really good. I did some blow ups of my pictures, and ooh la la....that's something I never seen before in all my previous cameras. I can safely say if anyone use this camera and print very big commercial pictures, all details should still be intact. Now I can imagine how the D800 is, at 36mp. A0 size prints should look crisp.
    Last edited by wolfton; 1st October 2012 at 02:12 PM.
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

hi guys, I am new comer here. just bought my new d600 last week and after few shots last Saturday the "err" message appear in the view finder... took it to the Nikon this morning only to found that the sensor was damage, and worst part is the Nikon blamed me said that i must have cleaned the sensor by myself which I never did... oh so disappointing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles60D
    hi guys, I am new comer here. just bought my new d600 last week and after few shots last Saturday the "err" message appear in the view finder... took it to the Nikon this morning only to found that the sensor was damage, and worst part is the Nikon blamed me said that i must have cleaned the sensor by myself which I never did... oh so disappointing!!
    How much they charge you on sensor cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles60D
    You ask them demonstrate to you how you could have damaged the sensor.......

Camera is brand new, no cleaning of sensor done before, and if never dropped, then how can it be your fault??? It died after how many clicks?

You can try bringing it back to the shop if u have not registered warranty. Some give 7 days 1-1 exchange.
    Last edited by wolfton; 1st October 2012 at 02:16 PM.

Yes... you should quickly bring back to shop and get it replaced, there is a new LEMON law on consumer products, please even you have registered the product to NSC , i think you are still covered.

Quote Originally Posted by wucy24
    Yes... you should quickly bring back to shop and get it replaced, there is a new LEMON law on consumer products, please even you have registered the product to NSC , i think you are still covered.
    Wahaha don't we all love the lemon law Lolz....we should ask them to include CS BnS and eBay also

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

But my D800 has facing it problem & already self cleaning almost 3 times.

If you have shots with macro or F13 maybe will be notice the sensor spot.
    Yes, I got this more for Marco usage and usually shoot up to f20, which the dark spot (more than 15 spot) can be seen very clearly. I have tried using picasa to remove the spot and it hang every times, maybe due to the bigger file size. I have send back to NSC last tuesday and they said it was dust created by my usage (only 3 day of usage) They said this time cleaning is free, next time charges will be $26.75. After using it on sat and yesterday, all same spots on top left conner came back. What should I do? Send back to NSC or live we it?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton

Will NSC clean it up FOC?

I have not taken more than F11 yet, maybe will check mine also later. Already 2k clicks
    Yes... The even cleaned my d7k sensor for free even if it has an expired warranty.

I bought my d600 from J316 2 weeks ago ... which had small light grey spots on my images...i used the dslr sensor cleaning function, face downwards ... let dust gravity fall when sensor cleaning is activated ... subsequently use air blower to generally flush through within...and spots were gone.
    Last edited by wucy24; 1st October 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silence View Post
    I have the exact same problem with my D7000 from the first batch(bought on day 1 of release). It took me one whole year to prove to NSC that it is the camera's issue... Been going to nsc so frequent until fed-up.. Finally, they gave me a new replacement which does not have this 'oiler' issue.. Now I am very afraid to buy the first few batches of new Nikon DSLR. Will hold back my D600 purchase for now..
    Well that why need to wait for 2nd batch if possible even if you are the early adopters

Oily stain can be the mirror up & down issue.

If many times clean up and not last for a week and still have some spots, can be check from NSC.

Once you clicks more and leave more dust & oil stain.

That's nothing to control an unless you store in the dry cabinet
    Last edited by rain5533; 1st October 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    @gabrielteo : should be less than 2780. Chk with the shops again.
    Thanks! yup asking the shops for re qoute.

Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Processor is not the main issue..
    Unless you upgrade into D600 for doing your small business.
    The mainly D7000 even shots at ISO 4000 also not much noisy.

Everything is just depend you see some poison and hand itchy...
    Haha ya kena poison and hand itchy I really do agree with you that the D7000 is good enough for most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoneer View Post
    D600 has more cleaner low to high iso. It has also wider ranges of clean iso than d7k. It has a bigger file side with more pixel which means more room to crop if needed be. It can shoot dx and fx anytime you want. It has bigger and brighter view finder and a very shallow dof. It has more dynamic range compared to d7k. This means less pp to balance lighting.

It is a lot chunkier than d7k, feels good in your hands. It has an ergo similar to D800. 4.5 fps is good with longer buffer. It has 3.5 inch LCD screen, bigger than d7k. It also has hdr capability which i dont use it yet.

D7k is not a bad camera. Its just FF sensors has a lot advantage than crop and on top of that d600 is newer.

So you are correct, you are only paying for expeed3. I am happy that you have decided not to buy d600 because there will be few user here in sg, kinda like limitted. However, I WILL BE MORE HAPPY IF YOU BUY NOW. Coz its good to share happiness with others.

Oh and btw... You are just sour graping ... So what are you waiting?
    You know how it is right... I just want to convince myself further so the money will leave my hands more easily.... One of the real issue is that I am seemingly upgrading but the d600 seems really similar to the D7000, so the feeling is not that much of upgrade.(and as rain5533 point out painfully the D7000 good enough!) If I was using a D5000 or thereabouts, it would justify totally.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielteo
    You know how it is right... I just want to convince myself further so the money will leave my hands more easily.... One of the real issue is that I am seemingly upgrading but the d600 seems really similar to the D7000, so the feeling is not that much of upgrade.(and as rain5533 point out painfully the D7000 good enough!) If I was using a D5000 or thereabouts, it would justify totally.
    Its only the body form and control layout that looks like d7k. Features, capability, ergonomics and built is far ahead of d7k.

If you have money and will to buy, then d600 is a go to. Otherwise, d7k is good enough as of the moment.
    Last edited by nikoneer; 1st October 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Its only the body form and control layout that looks like d7k. Features, capability, ergonomics and built is far ahead of d7k.

If you have money and will to buy, then d600 is a go to. Otherwise, d7k is good enough as of the moment.
    Just sold my D7000! point of no return! Hope to get the D600 at good price

D600 has more cleaner low to high iso. It has also wider ranges of clean iso than d7k. It has a bigger file side with more pixel which means more room to crop if needed be. It can shoot dx and fx anytime you want. It has bigger and brighter view finder and a very shallow dof. It has more dynamic range compared to d7k. This means less pp to balance lighting.

It is a lot chunkier than d7k, feels good in your hands. It has an ergo similar to D800. 4.5 fps is good with longer buffer. It has 3.5 inch LCD screen, bigger than d7k. It also has hdr capability which i dont use it yet.

D7k is not a bad camera. Its just FF sensors has a lot advantage than crop and on top of that d600 is newer.

So you are correct, you are only paying for expeed3. I am happy that you have decided not to buy d600 because there will be few user here in sg, kinda like limitted. However, I WILL BE MORE HAPPY IF YOU BUY NOW. Coz its good to share happiness with others.

Oh and btw... You are just sour graping ... So what are you waiting?
    It doesn't have a 3.5" screen, it's 3.2".

Quote Originally Posted by ageha

It doesn't have a 3.5" screen, it's 3.2".
    Oops....

Thanks for the correction....

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielteo View Post
    Just sold my D7000! point of no return! Hope to get the D600 at good price
    You can jump to D800/E if you feel the D600 not a big leap from D7k as for me i jump form D90 to D800

Blog Entries

To me the main difference is the image quality and dynamic range.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast