Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Loy View Post
    Hi I bought my D600 in first week of march from store in funan. Serial 803****. Noticed many oil spots on the sensor after 200 shots. I've sent it in for servicing via the shop. Called the Nikon svc centre yesterday which said yes they changed the shutter and ready for collection.
    Let us know how is it after shuttle change.

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Hi I bought my D600 in first week of march from store in funan. Serial 803****. Noticed many oil spots on the sensor after 200 shots. I've sent it in for servicing via the shop. Called the Nikon svc centre yesterday which said yes they changed the shutter and ready for collection.
    Good to take action and get yourself a dust/oil free camera.

By now other proud owners who claimed dust/oil are no big deal maybe quietly proceeding to NSC to have their shutters replaced.
    Last edited by LBL2009; 27th March 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

Hope they change the shutter for my cam currently at service centre too.

Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Good to take action and get yourself a dust/oil free camera.

By now other proud owners who claimed dust/oil are no big deal maybe quietly proceeding to NSC to have their shutters replaced.
    Wah...you very mean....

So guys...is it REALLY worth spending all your hard earn $ on a camera that have such issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ATR76ers

Wah...you very mean....

So guys...is it REALLY worth spending all your hard earn $ on a camera that have such issues?
    I suspect e dust falls off from e coating of any moving mech inside e cam. As long as their new batches resolve e issue, it shouldn't poses any problem.

Just tat Nikon was trying to ignore e issue at e beginning made a lot of consumers piss instead of acknowledge n resolved it.

Their ego had put them down again n again. Not sure how e oil came abt though. Anyway, I'm still contemplating between D600 n 6D though I'm a Nikon user. Will see how it goes in may but most probably will stick to Nikon unless Canon win me over with fantastic freebies. Lolx...

I had hoped that the issue would have been resolved by now when I bought the camera but no luck.. . I read that Nikon will honor the warranty even if you wet clean the sensor yourself so you can always wet clean with a kit.. not too difficult.

It seemed that 24-85G i bought to go with it seemed a bit soft so I sent it in at the same time for a check. Maybe just my technique. I got the 50 1.8G and hope to add some more lens to my collection soon.. most likely the 28 1.8 and maybe a longer zoom. Its a big step up from D90 I must say!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
    I suspect e dust falls off from e coating of any moving mech inside e cam. As long as their new batches resolve e issue, it shouldn't poses any problem.

Just tat Nikon was trying to ignore e issue at e beginning made a lot of consumers piss instead of acknowledge n resolved it.

Their ego had put them down again n again. Not sure how e oil came abt though. Anyway, I'm still contemplating between D600 n 6D though I'm a Nikon user. Will see how it goes in may but most probably will stick to Nikon unless Canon win me over with fantastic freebies. Lolx...
    Arrrr......REALLY at a loss where to buy or not to buy this camera because of this stupid oil/ dust issue........please help.......lol

I tink all the issues & considerations has already been laid out and shared, if still cannot make decision, I really tink no one else can help any person who is indecisive..lol

But Best suggestion is dnt buy. Cause else such person will be pixel peeping, keep checking for dust, worry worry.. Whats the point..

I second this, whenever you're in doubt don't buy... Some will still buy it even there's dust issue, some don't.

The fact that you're still having a second thought of buying means, you don't need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ATR76ers View Post

Arrrr......REALLY at a loss where to buy or not to buy this camera because of this stupid oil/ dust issue........please help.......lol
    I make decision for you. Don't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    I make decision for you. Don't buy.
    Thanks for all your feedback....truly appreciate.

Agree with Bro... not sure dont buy... else you will worry this worry that.... end up not shooting..... or go try out the 6D and see if you like it... but if you are a Nikon guy, then hang on there for other model bah....

Dun buy.... sure regret after purchase.

around 600 no problem so far touch wood. Those affected here in Singapore is just a small percentage. Anyway you can learn from Nikon on how to clean the sensor otherwise you may ask them to do it for you. l believe all brands of camera does have dust problem after using for quite a while. You still got to send back to them for service at least one a year.

I just got my D600 back. Man I love this camera even though I've had it for only a short time.. I'll go shoot some pictures.

Yes they did a shutter replacement and sensor cleaning.

Hope for the best.

oh by the way they resetted my shutter count back to zero!

oh by the way they resetted my shutter count back to zero!
    Wonderful!

I just got my D600 back. Man I love this camera even though I've had it for only a short time.. I'll go shoot some pictures.

Hope for the best.
    Ahah! Go go go shoot more landscape or any shots with low aperture. We awaits! Your result

Hope for the best.
    Hi, Just curious, why did they replace your shutter ? was it the root cause for all the oil/ dust issue?

In fact I did called Nikon up and they say that as long as we are having this issue, they will be covered under their 12 month warranty period. But when I asked them what happens if this matter still happens after 12 months, they say they will still fulfill as long as it is a manufacture defect....

My question is, do we (as consumers) want to spend our hard earn money on things that are defective right from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by ATR76ers

Hi, Just curious, why did they replace your shutter ? was it the root cause for all the oil/ dust issue?

In fact I did called Nikon up and they say that as long as we are having this issue, they will be covered under their 12 month warranty period. But when I asked them what happens if this matter still happens after 12 months, they say they will still fulfill as long as it is a manufacture defect....

My question is, do we (as consumers) want to spend our hard earn money on things that are defective right from the start?
    What do u shoot?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950