Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hukang

Was the $2099 that was offered, did it include GST? the $2,250 at their site is before GST, as I understand.
    I am sorry, but I don't know. I have never dealt with them.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    I am sorry, but I don't know. I have never dealt with them.
    Thanks, blurshadow; I hope someone else will know.

My thinking is if the difference between a D600 and D800 is $1k or less, I go with the D800.

Quote Originally Posted by hukang

Thanks, blurshadow; I hope someone else will know.

My thinking is if the difference between a D600 and D800 is $1k or less, I go with the D800.
    I encourage the choice of D800, but do note the file size it produce and your comp spec to process them.
    Last edited by Cowseye; 17th January 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by kwanhan

thanks for the info!

i'm probably going to get the combo in feb... after that when I shoot a friend's wedding as 2nd photog I'll prob start a non-technical hands-on review thread

btw is the phottix grip in singapore yet?
    I went Hk to get the phottix grip at 620 hkd. Don't think can find in sg yet.

Any insider news of when will they release the firmware update? The live view aperture control is killing me!

hey all just got myself a D600 and was playing ard with it and found some quite bad green bandings in some shots. are these normal ? shot in flourescent ligting condtion. read there issues about green cast but these bandings seems to too obvious too my liking the photos shot in raw (hi1) and resized, coverted to jpg. appreciate if someone can explain whats causing these green bandings. high iso ? flourescent ligting frequency ?

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    hey all just got myself a D600 and was playing ard with it and found some quite bad green bandings in some shots. are these normal ? shot in flourescent ligting condtion. read there issues about green cast but these bandings seems to too obvious too my liking the photos shot in raw (hi1) and resized, coverted to jpg. appreciate if someone can explain whats causing these green bandings. high iso ? flourescent ligting frequency ?

Yes your shutter is not in sync with the light flickering frequency. Shoot slower than 1/200s and the bandings won't be there.

By the River
    D600 with kit AFS 24-85mm VR

nice pics. man everytime i am free, it rains....stupid rain...last so long.....

The photos have big dust spots bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Teo View Post
    By the River
    D600 with kit AFS 24-85mm VR

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    The photos have big dust spots bro.
    Didn't really notice and really wasn't interested in spotting the 'defect' but looking at the image.

Quote Originally Posted by hukang View Post

I am a bit confused by this thread (the last few pages at least); I checked the prices for the D600 body grey set at the Artworkfot (and technogadgets) websites, they are both quoting $2,250. That's very different from the $2,099 that is getting mentioned here.
    Prices change. Artworkfoto probably bought a bunch at the pre-Christmas discounts and ran out of that stock.

They adjust prices frequently based on the cost they can buy.

any advice what is the best set of lens to pair with the D600, if using it to shoot primarily weddings?

Quote Originally Posted by shuttergeek View Post
    any advice what is the best set of lens to pair with the D600, if using it to shoot primarily weddings?
    google.com

how many times this has been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by shuttergeek
    If you have to ask that question I hope nobody has to pay you for taking wedding photos.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shuttergeek View Post
    The best one will be 14-200mm F/1.4.

There is no best lens for weddings. Different situation you need different lenses. And you need different setups. But you should already know that, because you are a wedding photographer. If you don't, you shouldn't be shooting weddings.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 24th January 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The best one will be 14-200mm F/1.4.

There is no best lens for weddings. Different situation you need different lenses. And you need different setups. But you should already know that, because you are a wedding photographer. If you don't, you shouldn't be shooting weddings.
    Nikkor 14-200mm f/1.4 VR III would be

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    Nikkor 14-200mm f/1.4 VR III would be
    I'd prefer a 8mm (FE) - 300 f/2.8.

8-300 fisheye macro VRIII
    with in-built coke dispenser
    xD
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Haha. I can think of so much more things to "Zhung my lens", but I think I better not add any more fuel!

Anyway, the D600 can work with a lot of F-mount lenses, and in the universe of F-mount lenses, you would have to take your pick. If you think you can handle a wedding with just a fisheye or a 300mm f/2.8, then go for it. Otherwise, please be fair to any prospective client you may have - it is a special occasion for the couple, regardless of the amount they are paying you. Hence, please make it a decent one for them.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast