Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    hmmm i dun quite get ur question. Are u comparing AF on subject eye, difference between AF-S and AF-C?

If tat is ur question, then theorectically, should be able to achieve the same focus on subject be it af-s or af-c... But in practical is diff story
    u might not get the same focus dependin on ur settings.
    by default, in AF-S, u can snap a pic only when it's in focus.
    in AF-C, u can snap a pic even when subject is not in focus
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

But you can set the AF-C priority to Focus, I doubt there would be any difference then already.
    One Pink Dog to rule them all! The friendly neighborhood Pink Dog in ClubSnap! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    hmmm i dun quite get ur question. Are u comparing AF on subject eye, difference between AF-S and AF-C?

If tat is ur question, then theorectically, should be able to achieve the same focus on subject be it af-s or af-c... But in practical is diff story
    Pardon me for my unfamilarisation of the terms and features of the D600 (being my first DSLR). If I were to use af-s, focusing at the object's eye on portraits, comparing with af-c 39 pts, does it get sharper image? Think you are right theoretically.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood

Pardon me for my unfamilarisation of the terms and features of the D600 (being my first DSLR). If I were to use af-s, focusing at the object's eye on portraits, comparing with af-c 39 pts, does it get sharper image? Think you are right theoretically.
    Im not expert in d600.

But in portrait shooting it is understandable to use af-s and single af point.

Af-c and you may have a missfocus if there are moving objects in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ijnek

u might not get the same focus dependin on ur settings.
    by default, in AF-S, u can snap a pic only when it's in focus.
    in AF-C, u can snap a pic even when subject is not in focus
    Actually i dun understand his question. Is he comparin sharpness in terms of af-s to af-c on a stationary object? If he is, then it wont make a diff theorectically.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

lol, not sure myself...

Ahhh i get what ur asking now...

Assuming u are not using dynamic area AF (camera choose which points to use automatically), and u are using single point af-c with 39-pnts dynamic, then u would get the same results.

Single pnt Af-c with 39-pnt dynamic means:
    U use the fixed point to aim ur focus. the camera will regconize ur subject and uses the 39pnts to track focus if the subject moves around the frame.

If u are using dynamic area, then it is a diff story...
    Last edited by Zaknafein; 6th December 2012 at 12:10 PM.

Thank you all bros who responded to my questions. I actually learnt bits by bits from this forum, while I touch the camera and read the manual repeatly everyday.
    I know that I need to search around for anwers before posting them, but sometimes may not get it.

This is a forum where most gurus do not throw harse remarks, and are unselfish to share.

Thank you all bros who responded to my questions. I actually learnt bits by bits from this forum, while I touch the camera and read the manual repeatly everyday.
    I know that I need to search around for anwers before posting them, but sometimes may not get it.

This is a forum where most gurus do not throw harse remarks, and are unselfish to share.
    Well to me, i think if u have done simple search but cant easily find ur answer, its ok to post and ask. Tats what a forum is for, even if its a repeated qn. If someone has to search high and low, go thru 30 pages of text just to find answers, then tats called a "manual".

Dun forget to go out and shoot! Shooting at home and outside is different! btw im no guru and im learning too.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    ahhh...most gurus, not me then...lol

bring out the menu along if u can, u nvr know when u need it.

for myself, most of the time i know the functions, but when come to shootin, too excited to remember to use it...lol
    this d39, Bkt etc...lol

Yup, i have a pdf copy of my manual on my phone

Where do you download it, because I am guessing it is extremely useful!
    One Pink Dog to rule them all! The friendly neighborhood Pink Dog in ClubSnap! :D

Blog Entries

Strong reminder to the CSers here... please play nice and not resort to calling names or statements similar in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinex View Post
    Sorry, I had to delete the link to the manual, it was too naughty.

Im planning to get my first vertical grip, for my D600, can someone share your view after using a grip and where can I get a good price. Thanks
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,

Quote Originally Posted by Infinex View Post
    I also downloaded it to my iPhone. Just google D600 manual will do.

it should b available on nikon website....ya, i should transfer it to my dropbox and save it to my phone

Thanks for the info guys!

Quote Originally Posted by STTNP View Post
    Im planning to get my first vertical grip, for my D600, can someone share your view after using a grip and where can I get a good price. Thanks
    hi STTNP, review ur pics and c how many r takin in the portrait orientation?

this is my own view after ownin grips in d80 & d90...

the grip doesn't affect ur pics, lenses do....
    at this moment, i dun forsee myself gettin a grip my d600...but i would surely like some lenses to play with

nikon grips r not cheap, there r 3rd party grips which do the same job...
    not sure if it's like the d300s, with grip u get a faster fps....

One thing to note, having a battery grip does not boost the FPS rate of the D600, I am planning to get one myself as it is really uncomfortable if I have a heavy lens and not have enough place to rest my pinkie properly. Plus, it is an added convenience I would say to have effectively 2 batteries in your camera.