Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

This idea is indeed quite innovative, but I don't think the phone's stock software can read RAW, only Jpeg, or am I wrong. Anyways, there is an app on the Android Market called Android Photo Backup that can be used to read RAW files and is free, so I guess RAW files should not be a problem with this app installed.
    One Pink Dog to rule them all! The friendly neighborhood Pink Dog in ClubSnap! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Infinex
    This idea is indeed quite innovative, but I don't think the phone's stock software can read RAW, only Jpeg, or am I wrong. Anyways, there is an app on the Android Market called Android Photo Backup that can be used to read RAW files and is free, so I guess RAW files should not be a problem with this app installed.
    Thanks Infinex!
    May try it out & oso looking out for such mobile software.
    Cheers!!

Tats quite an interesting way to upload photos for sharing... But i only use iphone so doesnt benefit me hahaha. But for travelling, i would rather buy additional memory cards if i need them instead of backing up to my phone.

Btw, issit just me? Most of my shots with my 35mm f2D wide open doesnt seem to be sharp. I can think of several possible reasons:

1) FF dof is shallower than dx. I need to get used to making as little movement as possible while recomposing

2) i dunno if its due to user problem (me); when viewed 100%, it seems a bit blur like it is justttt a bit out of focus

3) the high megapixels body is outresolving the lens

4) i need to learn how to fine fune AF using d600

I shoot raw, and i haven tried much mf (yet).. After shootin d80 for quite a few yrs... usually, getting a shot in focus has become 2nd nature to me. I dun have focus problems with my d80. But now with d600, it seems like im a newbie again learning how to focus :/ it happens even with my 80-200 lens... Anyone experience this?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yapck888 View Post
    Hi,

I have a very "creative" way for my 2 slots arrangement. I believed this "out-of-box" arrangement is interesting and like to share with all of you..

Slot 1 : 16GB SD Extreme 45MB/s
    Slot 2 : 16GB Micro SD Extreme 30MB/s with empty adapter (SG$ 23)

Once finished, I transfer the Micro SD card to my Note II phone.

With this arrangement,
    1. I can share photos with friends/family in bigger screen and user friendly touch screen.
    2. I can upload photos to FB via 3G or WIFI. Don't need to buy 3rd party WIFI adapter to upload to Internet..
    3. I can send photos to other easily (whatapps or other software)
    4. I can backup photos in my phones
    5. I don't need a card reader
    6. I don't need a laptop during traveling
    7. I don't need PS on PC for PP. I can use Android software
    8. I don't need to wait for WU-1B adapter for D600 to transfer photo to mobile phone
    9. .... may be you can tell me

And the cost for all the above is only SG$ 23 to buy one more 16GB card.

I have tested it and "double confirm" it is workable....

Pls click "Likes" if you like my idea.

Cheer!
    Very nice idea! But it will cost me S$823, because I don't have (yet) Galaxy Note II LOL!

nope, focusin on my d600 has been sharp.
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

The focusing on my D600 with my 28-300 lens which I use mainly has been sharp and crisp, even at high ISOs (Eg 3200), my pictures often come out blur only if my hands were not stable. Otherwise, focusing is fine.
    One Pink Dog to rule them all! The friendly neighborhood Pink Dog in ClubSnap! :D

Ahhh then it must be me... Gotta test further...
    1 thing tat is a bit of nuisance is the directional pad which is so small, im having trouble pressing the diagonals when moving around in pic review

Btw, im a lazy guy. How do u guys go from AF to MF? For me i'd just flip the switch on the body to MF. Have been doing tat for years and wondering if its actually ok to do tat...
    Last edited by Zaknafein; 28th November 2012 at 08:28 PM.

That I agree, there is some space so a bigger D-Pad would be better(ny pet peeve) .. One of those moments when you are adjusting the AF points while looking through the viewfinder and I end up fiddling around, trying to work the D-Pad, other than that, I love this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by lightyear2011 View Post
    Very nice idea! But it will cost me S$823, because I don't have (yet) Galaxy Note II LOL!
    Any phone or tablet that supports MicroSD will do. Most phones support except iPhone....

Quote Originally Posted by ijnek View Post
    i like ur idea...
    but i dun use a note 2, i use htc 1 x....interesting thought, mayb i can ask my wife to upgrade to note 2 nex week...
    I think HTC supports MicroSD card too...

HTC does support micro SD, jus not my hp htc 1 x.
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Quote Originally Posted by yapck888 View Post
    I think HTC supports MicroSD card too...
    Almost all do, though the support dropped a tad recently.

Deregistered

I used my new D600 for wedding AD assignment last week, it gives me higher chance of OOF during low light than my D700.

Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    I used my new D600 for wedding AD assignment last week, it gives me higher chance of OOF during low light than my D700.
    Experienced OOF issues with my D600 too.

Quote Originally Posted by avsquare

Experienced OOF issues with my D600 too.
    In low light too?

Did u guys managed to lock focus, but the pic turned out oof? Or the AF was hunting in low light?

Alamak.... just when I was about to get it.... OOF problem, then the initial oil/dust problem... how like that???

found one post on d700 AF performs better than D600 in low light

D600 low light focus - whats it like?: Nikon FX SLR (D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

but it seems that this only happens when the cross type AF points are not used.. and of course u can see complaint about the cross type AF point being too close to each other that they do not do better than just one AF point.. ; p

The D700 has that Auto Focus Mode Selector that allows the photog to easily switch from Dynamic to Single AF. How do we do this now with the D600? Have you figured out a way to easily do this?

PS: please don't tell me to RTFM hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnix View Post
    And crop a 3rd time

Is it hand held?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    The D700 has that Auto Focus Mode Selector that allows the photog to easily switch from Dynamic to Single AF. How do we do this now with the D600? Have you figured out a way to easily do this?

PS: please don't tell me to RTFM hehe.
    Google

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast