Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: D600 User Thread

Default Re: D600 User Thread

Quote Originally Posted by miyata View Post
    I think it's a fraud , cause I offered Much much more then his asking but he rather sell at $2100 .

There is generous people but I dont think someone would be so stupid (seller) as to pass of $300-$400 .
    Won't say it's fraud la, he never cheat anyone of their money, but nice try in pushing the price down lolz....he did the same trick on other models also btw.

Anyway, won't affect most of us, since we love the output from this camera Those that are selling now should ask themselves why don't rent and try first or go NSC molest the camera till shiok then buy.

Quote Originally Posted by flamenco View Post
    Its here .... jus got it today. Makes the entire setup more balanced with the 24-70 f2.8 and 14-24 f2.8 attached.

Do excuse the iPhone photos, as I am eager to share the joy and new arrival !
    Congrats bro. Can you fit into your camera bag with the grip on?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    Congrats bro. Can you fit into your camera bag with the grip on?
    Thanks.

Fits both my Think Tank Shape Shifter (w/o lens attached) and my Crumpler Karachi Outpost 15" (with lens atached)

In fact with my tripod base plate attached (have a habit of leaving it attached) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flamenco

Thanks.

Fits both my Think Tank Shape Shifter (w/o lens attached) and my Crumpler Karachi Outpost 15" (with lens atached)

In fact with my tripod base plate attached (have a habit of leaving it attached) as well.
    Nice to hear that. Enjoy your new baby
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

I have got a question aout off camera flash. I cannot seem to turn the inbuilt flash off when I'm using the off camera flash. I set the settings for flash cntrl for built-in flash to cmd mode and then the built-in flash to -- but still the built-in flash fires. Am I doing some wrong? I am using nissin di622 mark II

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielteo View Post
    I have got a question aout off camera flash. I cannot seem to turn the inbuilt flash off when I'm using the off camera flash. I set the settings for flash cntrl for built-in flash to cmd mode and then the built-in flash to -- but still the built-in flash fires. Am I doing some wrong? I am using nissin di622 mark II
    This is normal work, if the built-in flash wont fire the external flash should not fire also, if you using the hand block at the built-in flash from the external flash also the same as slow down the flash speed.

My external flash fired also. But I want to set it so that my off camera flash fire and my built in flash don't fire.

Hi Flamenco:

Any idea whats the total weight of your set up:

D600 + grip + battery + 24/70 ?
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielteo View Post
    My external flash fired also. But I want to set it so that my off camera flash fire and my built in flash don't fire.
    Try the set up again, but this time off the off-shoe flash. Fire a shot and playback the image. You should see a dark image.

The built in flash do fire off, but the power is not enough to illuminate the subject, more to trigger the off shoe flash. That's why it does not affect the illumination of your subject. If your subject is overexposed, you probably need to dial down the flash exposure and it is not caused by the built in flash. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by wolfton; 12th October 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    Try the set up again, but this time off the off-shoe flash. Fire a shot and playback the image. You should see a dark image.

The built in flash do fire off, but the power is not enough to illuminate the subject, more to trigger the off shoe flash. That's why it does not affect the illumination of your subject. If your subject is overexposed, you probably need to dial down the flash exposure and it is not caused by the built in flash. Hope that helps.
    Wow you are right! Thanks so much! Learnt something new... Think abut it makes perfect sense

i was happily shooting this evening with an out-of-the-box 21mm prime.. until i noticed out that my LCD had 1 stuck red pixel .. possibly one sub-pixel died .. just plain unlucky with LCD recently, my dell 23in monitor has one..

just sharing

My ONE week old D600 now have this:

after shooting landscapes at f13 this evening
    Time to buy sensor swabs.....
    D600|N16-35mm f4 VR|N24-70mm f2.8|N35mm f1.8G|N50mm f1.4D|N80-400mm f4.5-5.6 VR AFS|Flickr

My less than one day old D600 has this issue: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p7x2vrwq3uncorg/KRfgHYyQp4
    Big yellow band in the frame. Some of the shots are in burst mode dsc110-113 for eg. I think it's a mirror box issue.
    Anyone encountering the same problem?

I need to bring it back to the shop tmr morning.

what shutter speed u shoot at? it seem like the 50/60 hz thingy
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    what shutter speed u shoot at? it seem like the 50/60 hz thingy
    Shutter is 1/800 for some and 1/640 for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoBaka View Post
    Shutter is 1/800 for some and 1/640 for the rest.
    u answer yr own problem already
    All About Fluorescent Light Flicker in Cameras!
    try lower shutter speed at around 1/60 sec
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    u answer yr own problem already
    All About Fluorescent Light Flicker in Cameras!
    try lower shutter speed at around 1/60 sec
    I feel retarded. I forgot about that. First time shooting indoors in ages. I don't normally shoot blank white walls indoors....
    Thanks for that..

After first day shoot all in M mode, I see the exposure is much better than D700 but auto focus are slower. With SB900 flash my auto ISO can go up to 2200 or higher but for D700 it just stay at what I had set even auto ISO is on.
    Overall D600 is awesome
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielteo

Wow you are right! Thanks so much! Learnt something new... Think abut it makes perfect sense
    Remember to set your built in flash to -- not TTL in cmd mode if you only want build in flash to trigger external flash.
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,

For those that are thinking of this camera as next purchase, do watch this video.

By far the best review in terms of style of presentation that I have seen on any cameras. You be your own judge if this camera is for you. A few good tips is being shared here too, for those that are relatively new